HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MrBee

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   Sun May 01, 2011 11:41 am

Will it be the first time mate?
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   Sun May 01, 2011 12:15 pm

Been in before mate, we played the famous Ajax team. in 72
We suffered badly in the wilderness for a lot of years 80's-00's due to mismanagement and wanky ownership, its our time now and its lovely.
Improved each season in the Prem, both in position, points tally, goal diff etc and now a cup final.
And even if we win Pulis won't get manager of the year!

Ta TW for the sig.
Back to top Go down
MrBee

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   Sun May 01, 2011 12:46 pm

You look a really well run set up at the moment ... we took that for granted I think, now look at us, run by fucking idiots.

I'll have an eye out for you lot in anyway, I always like to get behind an English club in Europe ... Fulham t'other year and Spurs this season.
Back to top Go down
MrBee

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   Sun May 01, 2011 4:21 pm

Lee Dixon on MOTD2

Alan Smith on Sky

Alan Shearer ...

How fucking boring can you get .... it's enough to make you want to drink ... or smash the telly right in the kisser
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   Sun May 01, 2011 5:19 pm

There's always merse (who loves us) kammy (who played for and managed us) or windass (who's a kunter) to fall back on.....

Ta TW for the sig.
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   Mon May 02, 2011 5:11 am

Bundesliga outfit Freiburg have confirmed that Blackburn Rovers have tabled a bid for in-demand striker Papiss Cisse.

The 25-year-old has been in superb form for the club following his move from French side Metz in 2009.

The talented striker is the second-highest Bundesliga scorer this term with an impressive 22 goals.

However, Blackburn could face competition for his services with Arsenal, Liverpool and Fulham also reportedly in the hunt.

"I can confirm that Blackburn have made us an offer," Freiburg sporting director Dirk Dufner told Kicker.

Cisse is under contract at Freiburg and a bid in the region of €15million (£13.35m) could be enough to secure a deal.

Martin Olsson scored Blackburn's winner against Bolton on Saturday, a goal that moved Rovers three points clear of the drop zone.

Rovers boss Steve Kean has come under fire since replacing Sam Allardyce due to their poor results, although Olsson insists their new manager has given players more chance to express themselves.

"I've got nothing bad to say about Sam," said Olsson. "He's a good manager and he brought us points, but Steve has given the young ones a chance to express ourselves even more.

"You have to move on, you can't think too much about the past. It's not just the manager's fault that we've found ourselves in this position - it's the players' fault as well.

"Hopefully it will work out better next year. I don't think I've ever scored such an important goal. I hope it's the goal that keeps Blackburn up."

A bid of £10mill+, not exactly chicken feed that... wink

Ta TW for the sig.
Back to top Go down
MrBee

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   Fri May 06, 2011 3:48 am

FA have delayed the QPR verdict till possibly Monday ...

I wouldn't like to be a Rangers fan right now, surely they can't deny them promotion? Saying that, this is Warnock, I wonder how quickly he's forgotton the fuss he made about West Ham the last time he was in the Prem? Maybe some of the Premiership gods dont want him back ...
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   Fri May 06, 2011 4:10 am

Dock em 6 points s othey still go u;p automatically but not as Champions..?
That way they'll be punished but still get promoted..

Ta TW for the sig.
Back to top Go down
MrBee

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   Fri May 06, 2011 4:27 am

Sounds fair enough mate.

I wonder if we will see the half a dozen clubs who could have gone up automatically or been pushed into the promotion places go after QPR for cash (Shef utd/West Ham) if QPR do still go up though?

I'd love to see what Warnock would have to say about that
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   Fri May 06, 2011 4:37 am

Oh ah, Colin would be pleased as punch wouldn't he..?lol!

In all honesty i hope they do come up, i'm glad Norwich are coming too, i hope Forest sneak in out of the play offs and not one of the fuckin Taffs..

That way it's a guaranteed at least 12 points for us next season.. wink

Ta TW for the sig.
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   Sat May 07, 2011 4:48 am

QPR guilty on 2 charges but no points deduction, so till go up as champions...

Ta TW for the sig.
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   Sun May 08, 2011 2:05 pm

Just stuffed The Arse 3-1.. clap

8 previous results:

Blackpool 0-0 Stoke
Stoke 3-0 Wolves
Villa 1-1 Stoke
Bolton 0-5 Stoke
Spurs 3-2 Stoke
Stoke 1-1 Chelsea
Stoke 4-0 Castle
Stoke 2-1 West Ham

And our next match is The FA Cup Final...

Life is fuckin good at the moment.. dancer

Ta TW for the sig.
Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   Sun May 08, 2011 4:47 pm

Nice little run that Gaz!
Hope you's win the cup rather than City. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   Mon May 09, 2011 1:55 am

Ta mate, first and probably last time the country will be backing us as opposed to the other team...

Ta TW for the sig.
Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   Mon May 09, 2011 5:57 am

And whenever you play utd or the blue shite of course :)
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   Sat May 14, 2011 5:33 am

It's getting close now... look out

Ta TW for the sig.
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   Sat May 14, 2011 4:06 pm

We were wank, Man City were less wank...

They deserved it, we looked shot, knackered, devoid of ideas and a small squad with injuries stretched...

I still love us fuckin dearly though.. clap

Ta TW for the sig.
Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   Sun May 15, 2011 7:29 am

Have to agree Gaz, Stoke did look tired and seemed to run out of ideas. Held their own well for periods though. The better team on the day did win, however gotta take some pride in the fact that you's got the final, not bad for a team that i bet a lot of people would have said were more likely to be relegated than get to a cup final

clap
Back to top Go down
The-Wall

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   Mon May 16, 2011 5:48 am

Some pictures from the party at Ibrox yesterday http://thewall.imgur.com/WNTD7#BUJRc

Back to top Go down
The-Wall

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   Mon May 16, 2011 6:59 am

Gaz,here's something you can email Mark http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1387527/Millwall-fans-admit-sorting-plane-banner-stunt-mocking-Avram-Grant--Millwall-Legend.html

lol!

Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   Mon May 16, 2011 10:02 am

The-Wall wrote:
Gaz,here's something you can email Mark http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1387527/Millwall-fans-admit-sorting-plane-banner-stunt-mocking-Avram-Grant--Millwall-Legend.html

lol!

I watched the last 20-25 minutes mate and they showed the plane going over.. lol!

As good a half hour of football as i've seen in an long time btw, exciting as fuck and end to end with drama after drama..

I'd have hated be a fan of either club, I'd have had a coronary.. shocked

Ta TW for the sig.
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   Tue May 31, 2011 6:31 pm

We could face any of these teams in our European adventure...

Olympiakos Volou ** Gre 6.833
Dundee United ** Sco 6.528
Bnei Yehuda ** Isr 6.400
Hajduk Split Cro 6.224
Omonia Nicosia Cyp 6.124
FC Midtjylland ** Den 6.110
Maccabi Tel-Aviv ** Isr 5.900
KVC Westerlo ** Bel 5.400
Legia Warsaw Pol 5.183
FK Jablonec ** Cze 5.170
FK Ventspils ** Lat 4.983
FC Thun ** Sui 4.980
Vålerengen IF ** Nor 4.875
Tromsø IL * Nor 4.375
St. Patrick's Athletic * Irl 4.241
Garabag Agdam * Azb 4.233
Jagiellonia Bialystok * Pol 4.183
SV Ried Aut 4.140
Rabotnicki Skopje * Mac 4.041
Aalesunds FK * Nor 3.875
FK Aktobe ** Kaz 3.874
Vojvodina Novi Sad ** Srb 3.850
Bohemians Dublin ** Irl 3.741
AEK Larnaca ** Cyp 3.624
Spartak Trnava * Svk 3.399
Dinamo Tbilisi * Geo 3.391
FK Sarajevo ** Bos 3.324
Honka Espoo * Fin 3.293
Levadia Tallinn ** Est 3.258
RNK Split ** Cro 3.224
NK Varazdin * Cro 3.224
FC Gomel Bls 3.216
FK Senica Svk 2.899
Strømsgodset IF Nor 2.875
Sligo Rovers Irl 1.991

I hope it's Sligo Rovers, Stoke in Ireland will cause an international incident, hopefully... clap

Ta TW for the sig.
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:22 pm

Last December Andy Gray suggested that, as great as Barcelona were, they might struggle on a wet, windy night in Stoke. Some argued that Sky sacking Gray a couple of months later was a case of the right answer being achieved through the wrong working. Never mind all that piddling misogyny; what about the implicit suggestion that Jonathan Foreigner couldn't cope with Jonathan Walters?

On Wednesday night Sid Lowe wrote a piece for this paper detailing the not inconsiderable virtues of Sergio Agüero. Within half an hour of its publication online, the magic words had appeared in the comments section: "Can't wait for Agüero to face Stoke on an unlikely rescheduled Tuesday night at the Britannia. Lots of wind and rain."

The prevailing discourse suggests that most foreign footballers have been so blessed by climate and circumstance that the greatest hardship they ever had to endure is tearing their favourite shiny silver hot-pants, or being unable to get hold of their on-call tailor after finding a rogue thread behind the knee of their trousers. While it's true that scientific studies have shown you can't play tiki-taka with Robert Huth's right boot attached to your derriere, is this really the attitude we have to foreigners? Say it ain't so, Joe Bloggs.

The Britannia Stadium is painted as the most terrifying location for outsiders since contemporary horror films were set in Texan outposts. It has become, at least in England, the acid test of a footballer. Can he do it on a wet, windy Tuesday night in Stoke? (It's almost always Tuesday, never Wednesday, as if that's the day on which 99% of Stoke's rain falls, and when Ryan Shawcross's boots mysteriously develop a steel toecap.) The observation is generally made with such patriotic relish that Stoke's ground could be renamed the Rule Britannia Stadium.

Yes, Xavi can thread the ball through the eye of a needle at will, but can he handle a bit of needle? Sure, Lionel Messi can play keepy-uppy for half an hour with the little toe on his left foot, while also playing Tetris and debating the merits of a capitalist culture. That's nice for him. But could he manage it for 30 seconds during a damp crépuscule in deepest Staffordshire? Surely it's time for Fifa to test this hypothesis and arrange an annual match between Stoke and a World XI.

Better still, some boffin could surely simulate a match between an all-time World XI and the current Stoke side. OK, Diego Maradona spent 15 years thriving against some of the most malevolent swine ever to roam the green, but how many 50/50 balls did he win against Mamady Sidibe? Exactly.

It's inevitable that any such match would end 2-0 to Stoke, with Rory Delap's long throws creating both goals for Kenwyne Jones, one off each nipple from a combined distance of 0.00002 yards.

There is no real reason for restricting the Stoke Question to football. What Jesus Christ did with the loaves and fishes and the five thousand was admirable, Jeff, but could he have done it in the midst of a zesty downpour in the Potteries? Scarlett Johansson is one of the world's most formidably sexy women, granted, but could she seduce a fortysomething called Trevor, who still lives with his parents, in a Stoke pub on a Tuesday night when he's preoccupied with the darts on the telly and a two‑for‑one offer on purple WKD? Would Pippa Middleton's bum look big in Stoke? Could Josiah Wedgwood really have cr ... oh, never mind.

It's a matter of time before "Can he or she do it on a lively one in Stoke?" displaces "What's the meaning of life?" as the essential question. Then again, perhaps performing on a wet night in Stoke is the meaning of life.

Ta TW for the sig.
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:38 am

AND WE'RE BACK..............Good old Footy season! cool

Thanks to .tUrniP for the sig
Back to top Go down
http://maddogz.forumotion.co.uk
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:50 am

Our transfer window went well...

Brought in Upson, Woodgate, Jerome, Crouch and Palacios for just over £20mill to replace Faye, Sonko, Gudjohnsen, Andrew Davies and Ben Marshall...

Cant be bad.. clap

Ta TW for the sig.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   

Back to top Go down

The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next