Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Recycle bin problem.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

Recycle bin problem. Empty
PostSubject: Recycle bin problem.   Recycle bin problem. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 2:20 am

Ladies and Gents...

Anyone know why our recycle bin is now empty all the time when things are sent there...?

Used to be like everyone elses, send to/open/empty the recycle bin or restore this file...

Now, nothings there, nada, zilch...

Am sure its just a tick in a box but i dunno where it is...

Cheers folks..
Back to top Go down
.tUrniP
Lifer
Lifer
.tUrniP

PostSubject: Re: Recycle bin problem.   Recycle bin problem. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 2:44 am

Have you accidentally checked the "Don't move files to Recycle Bin..." option in Recycle Bin Properties?

You should still get a confirmation dialog though; unless you have unchecked that...

Recycle bin problem. 151682
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: Recycle bin problem.   Recycle bin problem. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:12 am

No mate, just looked and whats ticked should be ticked...

We are running a basic version of xp pro since it got formatted and most of the settings i'm used to have gone...

Theres a slider in properties that says....

Maximum size of recycle bin (percent of each drive)

It was set at 10% so i've slid it to 100%..

Wont do any harm will it..?
Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Recycle bin problem.   Recycle bin problem. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:31 am

I sometimes find that if i delete something big (i.e like a film over a gig) it will just dierectly delete and not send it to the recycle bin, but even then i get a window pop up warning me of that.

Also anyone experienced there recycle bin dissapearing from the desktop all together???? This happend to a computer in work, the missus and comp and me mum's. All for no apparent reason
Back to top Go down
.tUrniP
Lifer
Lifer
.tUrniP

PostSubject: Re: Recycle bin problem.   Recycle bin problem. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:51 am

I can't think of a reason that it would do any harm but that doesn't necessarily mean it won't...

Back to things not showing up, I assume you've already run virus/spy-ware checks so I'd suggest you try the repair function on the XP disc.
Alternatively there are some other fixes you could try here but, personally, I think the repair function is your best bet.

Do you know how to do that?

@TK Trooper - it can be caused by malware, registry corruption, hard drive faults, all sorts..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recycle bin problem.   Recycle bin problem. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recycle bin problem.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Bits For PC's :: PC Problems and solutions.-
Jump to: