PostSubject: Re: Proof That The World Is Nuts   Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:34 am

If only they were all true..
Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer

PostSubject: Re: Proof That The World Is Nuts   Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:07 pm

The-Wall wrote:

Topless saleswomen are legal in Liverpool, England - but only in tropical fish stores..

(But of course!)
*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*

It sounds good but this what the staff at my local pet shop look like

So don't believe the hype
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer

PostSubject: Re: Proof That The World Is Nuts   Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:33 pm

Alot are true and UK has some very interesting ones too.

I recall one in an American State forbidding men to have sex with fish on Sunday.

It is illegal for a cab in the City of London to carry rabid dogs or corpses.

It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.

It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside down.

In France, it is forbidden to call a pig Napoleon

Under the UK’s Tax Avoidance Schemes Regulations 2006, it is illegal not to tell the taxman anything you don’t want him to know, though you don’t have to tell him anything you don’t mind him knowing.

In Alabama, it is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while driving a vehicle.

In Ohio, it is against state law to get a fish drunk.

Royal Navy ships that enter the Port of London must provide a barrel of rum to the Constable of the Tower of London.

In the UK, a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants – even, if she so requests, in a policeman’s helmet.

In Lancashire, no person is permitted after being asked to stop by a constable on the seashore to incite a dog to bark.

In Miami, Florida, it is illegal to skateboard in a police station.

In England, all men over the age of 14 must carry out two hours of longbow practice a day.

In London, Freemen are allowed to take a flock of sheep across London Bridge without being charged a toll; they are also allowed to drive geese down Cheapside.

In San Salvador, drunk drivers can be punished by death before a firing squad.

In the UK, a man who feels compelled to urinate in public can do so only if he aims for his rear wheel and keeps his right hand on his vehicle.

In Florida, unmarried women who parachute on Sundays can be jailed.

In Kentucky, it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon more than six-feet long.

In Chester, Welshmen are banned from entering the city before sunrise and from staying after sunset.

In the city of York, it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.

In Boulder, Colorado, it is illegal to kill a bird within the city limits and also to “own” a pet – the town’s citizens, legally speaking, are merely “pet minders”.

In Vermont, women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.

In London, it is illegal to flag down a taxi if you have the plague.

In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a woman’s genitals but is forbidden from looking directly at them during the examination; he may only see their reflection in a mirror.

The head of any dead whale found on the British coast is legally the property of the King; the tail, on the other hand, belongs to the Queen - in case she needs the bones for her corset.

Most goods may not be sold on Sunday. One exception to this are carrots. (Repealed)

London Hackney Carriages (taxis/cabs) must carry a bale of hay and a sack of oats.

It is illegal to be drunk on Licensed Premises (in a pub or bar).

It is illegal for two adult men to have sex in the same house as a third person.

Chelsea Pensioner may not be impersonated.

In the UK, a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants – even, if she so requests, in a policeman’s helmet.

In Texas, USA, criminals are still required to give their victims at least 24 hours oral or written notice giving details of the crime they are about to commit.

In Iowa, USA, it is against the law to kiss for more than five minutes.

In Chico, California, USA, the law says that anybody who detonates a nuclear device within the city limits is liable to a fine of $500.

In Florida it is illegal to have sex with a porcupine.

In Burma it is illegal to get internet access. If a person is found in possession of a modem he can be imprisoned.

England, it is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside down.

in canada, its illegal to ride a moose backwords down the right side of the sidewalk monday from 6 to 7pm

Kansas United States - Prohibits shooting rabbits from a motorboat.

In Alberta a released convict is entitled to a gun and a horse to ride out of town on.

In Victoria Australia, only a licensed electrician is allowed to change a lightbulb

A bed may not be hung out of a window.

It is illegal for a lady to eat chocolates on a public conveyance.

Throughout the whole of England it is illegal to eat mince pies on the 25th of December.

Any boy under the age of 10 may not see a naked manequin.

It is illegal to leave baggage unattended.

Picking up abandoned baggage is as act of terrorism.

Those wishing to use a television must apply for a license.

It is illegal for a Member of Parliament to enter the House of Commons wearing a full suit of armour.

Anal sex is prohibited.

You may not make out in public.

Committing suicide is classified as a capital crime in Chester. (Repealed)

You can only shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow inside the city walls of Hereford and after midnight.

You can shoot a Welsh person all day, but only on Sunday, with a Longbow, in the Cathedral Close.

You are considered a freeman and have the right to be hanged with silk rope (as opposed to plain old hemp).

Companies may vote in local elections.

THE WALL DUCK!

Upon sight of a Scotsman, it is still legal to shoot him with a bow and arrow, except on Sundays.

My fave is....

In Texas, the compete Encyclopedia Britannica is banned because it contains a formula for making beer at home.

Last edited by Gris Gris on Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Proof That The World Is Nuts   Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:45 pm

.......These strange old laws crack me up! lol!

Thanks to .tUrniP for the sig
Back to top Go down
http://maddogz.forumotion.co.uk
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer

PostSubject: Re: Proof That The World Is Nuts   Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:28 am

Crack me up knowing a lot of them are still legally active laws.

I think I am going to go hunting for a scotsman or 2.
Back to top Go down
CSIWEMBLEY
Lifer
Lifer

PostSubject: Re: Proof That The World Is Nuts   Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:36 am

In the UK, you are guilty of treason if you know the government has committed treason but you do not do anything about it!!

I knew from the start i was on the wrong planet !!

(Oh! ... a bit more rubbish, I was born in 1956, in 2012? ... I will be 56) funnier
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proof That The World Is Nuts   

Back to top Go down

Proof That The World Is Nuts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1