Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Burnley fine ScotsU21 Kevin McDonald for half time walkout.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

Burnley fine ScotsU21 Kevin McDonald for half time walkout. Empty
PostSubject: Burnley fine ScotsU21 Kevin McDonald for half time walkout.   Burnley fine ScotsU21 Kevin McDonald for half time walkout. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 6:15 am

Burnley defender Kevin McDonald had an understandable reaction to being substituted with his team 5-0 down at half-time - he took off down the pub!
Burnley fine ScotsU21 Kevin McDonald for half time walkout. 8245851b4f5d2e60adc91e6a0292252b

McDonald, replaced at the break during the Clarets' 6-1 mauling by Manchester City on Saturday, has been fined by the club and forced to apologise after he left Turf Moor without permission at half-time.

The Scotland U21 international went to the 110 Club, five minutes from the ground, to watch the second half with friends and family who had travelled down from Carnoustie to watch him play.

The description on 110 Club's Facebook group tempts potential punters in with promises of: "cheap ale, bingo, turns, sixth form parties, lager challenges, staff drinks, Cops & Robbers bandit etc. 10p at the door - a small price to pay for a lot of fun..."

McDonald said in his apology: "I now realise it was naive, disrespectful and totally wrong of me to leave the ground at half-time on Saturday. It was a gross misjudgement and instead I should have remained at Turf Moor to support my club and team-mates.

"I acknowledge that I also showed a serious lack of respect to all the fans who were at the ground and who pay good money to watch their team play.

"I would like to apologise to the players, management and supporters and I have accepted my punishment."

Some fans of Burnley, competing in their first season in the Premier League after gaining promotion via the play-offs, began streaming out of the ground after they saw their team go 3-0 down after just seven minutes, meaning McDonald still stayed at the ground a great deal longer than many supporters.

Burnley boss Brian Laws said he was so ashamed with his team's performance that he would rather have been on the pitch himself.

Laws told the club's official website: "I wish I had put my boots on (on Saturday) because I would have been kicking a few backsides, that's for sure!"
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

Burnley fine ScotsU21 Kevin McDonald for half time walkout. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnley fine ScotsU21 Kevin McDonald for half time walkout.   Burnley fine ScotsU21 Kevin McDonald for half time walkout. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 3:11 am

This gave me a giggle - was front page of the local rag the other day Burnley fine ScotsU21 Kevin McDonald for half time walkout. Lol

I'd rather be down the pub than sat in that shit hole of a ground to ...
Back to top Go down

Burnley fine ScotsU21 Kevin McDonald for half time walkout.
Page 1 of 1