Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Rose and Crown

Go down 
+14
mystical unicorn
Julz
Lisa
inuit
roland rat
hellblaster5
Spellarella
thegreatest
stranger
TK Trooper
Rick78
Mrs-G
Gaznandi
Bee
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 3:04 pm

hellblaster5 wrote:
ya, looking forward to experiencing uni life

The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Lol dont get enough practice at home to perfect the art of growing mouldy plates
Don't worry you'll soon catch up. The Rose and Crown - Page 24 752815 Remember home is where you can send your washing and get something other than speedialled pizza or beans on toast.
Back to top Go down
hellblaster5
Lifer
Lifer

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:05 pm

thats the plan
the uni is about hour an a half away, so scheduled weekend trips home to stock up on food supplies The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Lol
Back to top Go down
stranger
Lifer
Lifer
stranger

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 3:05 pm

hey troops hows things
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 3:33 pm

Hows things in stranger land after you pepsi fun?

Here things not so good, got to take my younger dog to Vet tomorrow. She's off her food, lethargic and very unherself. I'm cacking it. She's my baby and been through a tough time already, and has come on huge steps, and now she's poorly.
Back to top Go down
stranger
Lifer
Lifer
stranger

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 4:11 pm

going kind of ok here in stranger land long story will have a rant on Monday about it no doubt,

hope the dog is OK and the vet can help her out
Back to top Go down
stranger
Lifer
Lifer
stranger

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 4:15 pm

was just putting family guy on for Allison and noticed that scarface is on the other station so looks like when family guy is finished I'm for watching scarface. I know I have it but the files are weird LOL.
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 4:30 pm

Bad news, my poor dog has suspected meningitis. I didnt know dogs got it. next 24hrs crucial if her necks stiffens it is defo meningitis. If she runs around like a looney she was dehydrated.

Shes pumped full of antibiotics, and given more to combat meningitis and had packets of rehydration fluid to be syringed into her mouth.

Her co-ordination is shot to hell. She can't eat or pick food up and as for waling she looks like she drunk one too many beers.

So heres for a frantic night of me pumping fluid into her mouth andhoping she had a tumy ache and not the meningitis diseas. Having swotted up quickly about it, no way doI want her to have it or go through it. Survival rates are not brilliant. The full on treatment if her neck stiffens proving she has advance meningitis is tortore for her let alone me tearing myself to shred about it.

Fingers and everything else crossed.
Back to top Go down
stranger
Lifer
Lifer
stranger

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 4:40 pm

of fuck GG that aint good were here for u x
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 2:47 pm

Thanks. I'm going offline she is very serioulsy ill now and can't walk so I'm not going to be around until she is better.
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 3:18 pm

Gris Gris wrote:
Thanks. I'm going offline she is very serioulsy ill now and can't walk so I'm not going to be around until she is better.

The Rose and Crown - Page 24 SessionPreviewImage.ashx?tid=32135&sn=91548801&pn=1&CardNo=BNA002&OA=1&PST=1&DAB=-1&EAB=&rot=0&sf=0

The Rose and Crown - Page 24 878796
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 3:20 pm

Fukin Moonpig, should say 'but just to make sure that things go well'....but, well, you know mate..
Back to top Go down
inuit

inuit

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:33 am

Hi Paula, here's wishing it is dehydration. Take your time and do what you have to do for your dog. That is shit when it is like that cos at times we are powerless to do anything. Hoping for good news here or on Mes Amis.
Back to top Go down
http://mesamisetmoi.forumactif.com/forum.htm
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:32 pm

Gaznandi wrote:
Fukin Moonpig, should say 'but just to make sure that things go well'....but, well, you know mate..
Ya showing your slip again you big softy. The Rose and Crown - Page 24 793477 Thanks to all for this messages. The Rose and Crown - Page 24 793477

Been a hectic few days, feels like a lifetime. After logging out Moogster took a really bad turn so off we went to the vet emergency. She had bloods taken and I can tell you those 20 minutes were sheer hell. The result came back she was in kidney failure. The Bun and creatin readings was off the scale and dangeroulsy high. Its common with EBT's the kidney failure, and she was at the unfornutate age when the females seem to get it.

Moog was hosptialised immedialty and her sytem flooded with fluid in an attempt to re-hydrate her. Vet, as was I, was hoping she was just dehydrated not in failure.

Upon seeing her age writen down as 2 years 11 months and 8 days I fell to pieces. The Rose and Crown - Page 24 697377 Big sobbing wreck with a poorly dog laying on the floor ina blanket giving me a little tiny wag and trying to drage herself to me. More The Rose and Crown - Page 24 697377 and huge cuddles ensued. Broke my heart to have her taken away and I paced all night until I fell asleep.

Ruddy long day and night followed and I watched my phone like a hawk hoping it would not ring. Adage a watched phone doesn't ring was certainly true this time. Having paced all night.

Following day I rang at the time told to. to check she was OK, and was told her BUN and creatin readings had come down. Big relief. But.... her potassium readings were still sky high over 2000, very dangerous.

So the vet went off to consult books etc to find out how to get the levels down or it out of her system and what was causing it. He came across Addison's Disease + Addison's Disease adrenal crisis. Humans, dog and felines can get it. You can have slow progression of symptons or as Moog had rapid symptons. Its rare disease, and even rarer still for EBT's to get it.

He pumped insulin into her system as is one of the safer methods to force the potassium back into her cells. Which is why she collaspsed as it strenghtens the bones, in reverse it weakens them and the muscles. Re-ran bloods and the level dropped slighty.

He then ran the test for Addison's, injecting ACTH into her. 24hrs later it was confirmed she had Addison's Disease Adreanal Crisis. The worst version of the nasty disease. What the ACTH does is tricks the adreanl gland inot pumping more chemicals inot her system. Normally the bloods would show a rise, Moogs remained the same, typical of Addisons.

She was allowed home today, The Rose and Crown - Page 24 98635 as she was too anxious there and that didn't help the potassium levels. Even if she got roast chicken care of the vet.The Rose and Crown - Page 24 778163 I'm moving in if I get roast chicken fed to me. She is still very poorly but is now standing, no shakes or collapse, and is eating and drinking on her own. For the rest of her life she has to take Prednicare, which has to be monitored regulary and things like along walk her dosage has to be altered to accommodate such things.

For the potassium she has to take another medicine the vet had to specially order. Got to take her back on Monday to recheck bloods and I'm hoping the potassium is down she is still critical.
Currently she is snuggled up on the sofa half a sleepThe Rose and Crown - Page 24 528999 as she keeps checking i'm still around. She's had her dinner, roast chicken breasts which she wolfed down, didn't want to eat her normal food. So 'im indoors got a jacket spud instead of chicken.The Rose and Crown - Page 24 104940She's lost alot of weight you can see her ribs and spine clearly. So I dont think he minded at all having spuds when he got a wag n kiss from her when he came home. Even my Bell was pleased to see her, although sniffing her bum for ages was probably not the welcome Moog wanted, so she gave Bell a little lick on the nose. I got loads of wiggles, wags, cuddles and kisses. You'd never guess she was my dog. The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Lol

That is how it all stands at present. Still not out of the woods but some progression.
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:42 pm

Great news mate, really pleased for you all... The Rose and Crown - Page 24 878796
Back to top Go down
inuit

inuit

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 4:25 pm

Best news I have had today ! The worst seems to be over and that she can now get back on her feet again. She will be weak for a while but the love and attention you give her will go a long way to help her. dinner
Back to top Go down
stranger
Lifer
Lifer
stranger

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 2:39 am

hey all hows things
Back to top Go down
roland rat
Lifer
Lifer
roland rat

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 1:11 pm

hi everyone i'm just passing through
hope your all well
rat
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 3:12 pm

One week crisis over. Blood results rechecked today and my dogs potassium levels have dropped to normal PHEW!!!!!!!! Sodium dropped to low. ARGHH!

Now have to add a teaspoons of salt per day to her food to combat this but she's come on leaps and bounds.

Now to pay the bill. shocked

Last edited by Gris Gris on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 3:44 pm

Good news...
Chuffed for the family and the woof.... wink
Back to top Go down
Rick78
Lifer
Lifer
Rick78

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 4:06 pm

Hey hey all

Hope ya well just thought id have a look in see how ya all doing
Back to top Go down
stranger
Lifer
Lifer
stranger

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 4:27 pm

doing good here rick,

@ GG good to hear the news about the dog
Back to top Go down
inuit

inuit

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:54 am

I am happy that all has worked out well for your "little girl" Gris Gris ! yay
Back to top Go down
roland rat
Lifer
Lifer
roland rat

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 2:23 pm

hi maddogz
spammers
thought i would say hi
hope your all well
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 2:49 pm

Spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam. I do like a good bit of Monty python spam. lol!

Alll is well here in Witchy towers. the dogs are ZZZZZ, 'im indoors is ZZZZZn I'm looking at my screen undecided to go looking at recipes or go looking for ideas for art to hang on my wall. or go play farmers....Oh such a choice.
Back to top Go down
hellblaster5
Lifer
Lifer

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:40 pm

Hey all

Just got CPR and First Aid certified
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rose and Crown
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next