Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

When your Strange

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

When your Strange Empty
PostSubject: When your Strange   When your Strange Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:11 pm

When your strange aka The Doors

A chronological look at The Doors, focusing on lead singer, Jim Morrison (1943-1971), from the formation of the band in 1965, it's first gigs, and first album, to Morrison's death, after years of alcohol and drug use. Along the journey, we see archival footage of rehearsals, performances, and private moments including a Miami concert resulting in Morrison's arrest and trial for indecency. His love of the spotlight, his desire to be a poet, and his alcohol-fueled mood swings lead to a back and forth between public and private desires, successes, and failures. The band's music plays throughout

Being a huge Doors (Jim Morrison) fan this rocked for me. 10/10 When your Strange 212866 I'm biased its narrated by Johnny Depp(phoar) and is about one of my all time fave bands. Aside from the eery moments when I could see Inxs late singer Michael Hutchence (RAWR!!!) in some of Jim's profile shots the film was very entertaining. Not only do you hear the songs played throughout the film, you see some of them played as they were made was a bonus in itself.

Rated Adult due to content, Also contains tits, fanny's drugs, booze and the odd penis. When your Strange 878796

Off to have deep carnal thoughts of Morrison, Hutchence and Depp. When your Strange 878796
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

When your Strange Empty
PostSubject: Re: When your Strange   When your Strange Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:18 pm

I hear it doesn't exactly offer anything new though...?
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

When your Strange Empty
PostSubject: Re: When your Strange   When your Strange Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:29 am

Gaznandi wrote:
I hear it doesn't exactly offer anything new though...?
It does and doesn't depending on what you already know or not. I enjoyed it for what it was and learnt a few things I hadn't known before. It's probably more aimed towards the fans than mainstream.
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

When your Strange Empty
PostSubject: Re: When your Strange   When your Strange Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:46 am

Can't say i'm a fan as such, their 'hits' are superb though...

I can say I've visited his grave in Pere Lachaise in Paris... When your Strange 878796

When your Strange Morris_plach_ef_06
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

When your Strange Empty
PostSubject: Re: When your Strange   When your Strange Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 1:43 pm

Gaznandi wrote:
Can't say i'm a fan as such, their 'hits' are superb though...

I can say I've visited his grave in Pere Lachaise in Paris... When your Strange 878796

When your Strange Morris_plach_ef_06

Alledged grave, When your Strange 747403 Jim is working in the chippy with Elvis. Both are alive and cook a fine batch of chips.When your Strange Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

When your Strange Empty
PostSubject: Re: When your Strange   When your Strange Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When your Strange
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Entertainment :: Movie Documentaries-
Jump to: