Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Christmas Thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

The Christmas Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Christmas Thread   The Christmas Thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:41 am

Yes i know, i know, it's only October shout

However, the Argos Christmas catalogue is out, the t.v channels are flooded with toy adverts, work places are starting to organize their Christmas staff nights out, shops are starting to sell decorations and the wrapping paper & Christmas cards are out on display.........

So like it or not, love it hate it, Christmas is here!!!!

So anything you want to rant about, ask about, wish for, potential good xmas offers you may spot on your travels around the WWW then feel free to post here. Then once this is over priced holiday is over it can be deleted for another whole year clap

Last edited by TK Trooper on Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Thread   The Christmas Thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:56 am

So i'll start.

The missus wants a laptop this year, and i have more or less assured her she will have one come xmas. I have been having a little look around and have a budget of around £300. Not that knowledgeable on the whole laptop subject but have spotted this one on PLAY.COM

So what do people think of this one, or any suggestions on a better deal anywhere else???
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Thread   The Christmas Thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 4:31 pm

Rant. why do people in October start making threads about Christmas. lol!
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Thread   The Christmas Thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 4:45 pm

TK Trooper wrote:
So i'll start.

The missus wants a laptop this year, and i have more or less assured her she will have one come xmas. I have been having a little look around and have a budget of around £300. Not that knowledgeable on the whole laptop subject but have spotted this one on PLAY.COM

So what do people think of this one, or any suggestions on a better deal anywhere else???

Why not buy a second hand unit. Some pretty good deals going on in Ebay with some pretty good spec laptops and some with warrenty. I brought one for £20, ok it needs a new screen and hardrive(it works and will get fixed when I can be bothered to do it) but its top spec with 4 gigs of ram, seperate graphic card in it as standard. Screens approx £180 max and hardrive is £30. £230 for a laptop powerful enough to photo edit and run games.

Same machine new, = £700

Lenovo (IBM/HP family) have a quirk fault they shut themselves off and won't power up, also they are prone to freezing and loves to beep and say things aren't working when they are. Its a pig to to get it to start again as it is a patience game hitting the key in the right orde, number of times and holding to the right amount of time.

Next. lol!

What does she intend to do with the laptop? Just email or game, film etc? I can then give you a spec to look for if that helps.

Don't hate me for my inner geek child. shhh

Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Thread   The Christmas Thread Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 2:15 am

Gris Gris wrote:

What does she intend to do with the laptop? Just email or game, film etc? I can then give you a spec to look for if that helps.

Mostly internet browsing, itunes, some film storage and paperwork. thats about it really.
Even if i have an idea of what to go for, i was considering then waiting till the January sales. I figure due to the current state of the economy and the way they are saying there could be a second crash, i thought the shops might drop even lower in price than usual during the sales to encourage us to buy more
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Thread   The Christmas Thread Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 12:43 pm

Cracking idea for a thread mate but i refuse to think about crimmy yet...

We have the small matter of the birth of our 3rd grandson, 7 family birthdays and our wedding anniversary all before Xmas day... help
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Thread   The Christmas Thread Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 1:10 pm

That's some count down for you then. 1 bith, 7 bdays, 1 aniversary and a rest at chrimbo. lol!
Back to top Go down
stranger
Lifer
Lifer
stranger

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Thread   The Christmas Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 1:36 pm

Christmas AHHH
Back to top Go down
inuit

inuit

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Thread   The Christmas Thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 8:21 am

Screaming kids being torn away from the toy counters by berated parents ! get Christmas over and the shops will start on their easter sales programme !
Back to top Go down
http://mesamisetmoi.forumactif.com/forum.htm
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Thread   The Christmas Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 4:20 pm

Roll on easter for the choccy easter eggs. YUMMMY
Back to top Go down
inuit

inuit

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Thread   The Christmas Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 3:59 am

For one and all http://www.123greetings.com/events/christmas/merry_christmas/christmas65.html

My chrissy present ? Had to pay for it myself !

8 Go RAM DDR3
1 To hard drive
i5 µproccesser 650
1024 Mb dedicated for GT 320 Nvidia video card.
5.1 Audio.
Windows 7 Premium.
It goes that bloody fast I am still trying to catch up with it ! lmao

The Christmas Thread 52240
Back to top Go down
http://mesamisetmoi.forumactif.com/forum.htm
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Thread   The Christmas Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:49 am

So what did you all get then?

Got me a guitar, so the tips of my fingers are in bits now. But enjoying the experience. Give it a couple of months and i plan on head lining at Glastonbury
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Thread   The Christmas Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:05 pm

The flu, flatulance and weight gain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Thread   The Christmas Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Christmas Thread
Page 1 of 1