Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Poached White Rhino

Go down 
+2
.tUrniP
wildafri
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wildafri

The Poached White Rhino Empty
PostSubject: The Poached White Rhino   The Poached White Rhino Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 5:12 am

The Poached White Rhino AAA_20100021_0119

We saw these two Rhinos about a month ago. Sadly, when we went to check up on them, we got the news that one of them was poached. Poaching is an increasing problem facing South Africa’s rhinoceros population. Only about 11,000 white rhinos survive in the wild, and many organizations are working to protect this much loved animal.
Back to top Go down
wildafri

PostSubject: Hyena's Labour Ordeal   The Poached White Rhino Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 12:43 am

The Poached White Rhino Hyena-1

Our recent trip to a South African National Park resulted in some really interesting footage. We stumbled upon hyena cubs of about 2 weeks old.Telling the sex of hyena cubs however, is almost impossible. Hyena females have an inflated clitoris and it even has erectile tissue and a gland, just like the penis of a male hyena. Hyenas are also part of a very small group of animals that give birth through their clitoris, which is very narrow and makes this task even more difficult. This results in 10% of hyena females dying during child birth. It doesn’t really help that hyena cubs are the largest among carnivorous predators in relation to their mothers’ weight.
To make things even more bizarre, females also have a fake scrotum as a result of an enlarged vulva, resulting in the appearance of testicles with fatty tissue.It is mainly because of this that the myth of a hyena being hermaphrodite got perpetuated. Females also have higher levels of testosterone than males, which accounts for them being slightly larger and more aggressive than males.
Back to top Go down
.tUrniP
Lifer
Lifer
.tUrniP

PostSubject: Re: The Poached White Rhino   The Poached White Rhino Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 4:59 am

I did not know that...

Is it true for all hyena or just the spotted species?

The only things I know about Hyena are that, despite appearances, they are classified as feliformia ( cat like ) and that, despite what I was taught at school, they are more likely to hunt than to scavenge.

Hopefully you're here to share knowledge and pictures, not just to advertise your site. grin
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Poached White Rhino   The Poached White Rhino Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 5:21 am

.tUrniP wrote:

Hopefully you're here to share knowledge and pictures, not just to advertise your site. grin

Hmmmmmmmmmm.....
Back to top Go down
wildafri

PostSubject: Re: The Poached White Rhino   The Poached White Rhino Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 11:29 pm

.tUrniP wrote:
I did not know that...

Is it true for all hyena or just the spotted species?

The only things I know about Hyena are that, despite appearances, they are classified as feliformia ( cat like ) and that, despite what I was taught at school, they are more likely to hunt than to scavenge.

It is true for all hyenas, not only for the spotted species.You are right, most people think that they are only scavengers but they do hunt.
Back to top Go down
wildafri

PostSubject: Re: The Poached White Rhino   The Poached White Rhino Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 12:07 am

Gaznandi wrote:
.tUrniP wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmmm.....

Am actually here to share what Africa has in terms of wildlife, It's so amazing.
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Poached White Rhino   The Poached White Rhino Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 3:22 am

wildafri wrote:
Gaznandi wrote:
.tUrniP wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmmm.....

Am actually here to share what Africa has in terms of wildlife, It's so amazing.

Carry on then, i'm sure many will be interested... wink
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: The Poached White Rhino   The Poached White Rhino Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 3:40 pm

Well here's the wildlife Africa has to offer.

Africa's most dangerous predator
The Poached White Rhino Wierdo-1

Africa's wierdist fish
The Poached White Rhino Underwater

Frog with no hope of finding a princess.
The Poached White Rhino Frog

Lunch
The Poached White Rhino Wivchips

Whales
The Poached White Rhino Sa6-1

New handbag
The Poached White Rhino Sa4

Elephant park
The Poached White Rhino Sa5

Dumbo + cute baby elephant
The Poached White Rhino Sa3

Cool zebra posing with terrified human
The Poached White Rhino Sa2

She's so brave(not)
The Poached White Rhino Sa1

Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Poached White Rhino   The Poached White Rhino Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 4:25 pm

Sod the animals...

Who's the lovely lady...?
Would that be your daughter Gris..?

mischief
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: The Poached White Rhino   The Poached White Rhino Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 2:44 am

Gaznandi wrote:
Sod the animals...

Who's the lovely lady...?
Would that be your daughter Gris..?

mischief

Yes that's my spawn baby. N I wouldn't wish her on anybody, nobody deserves that kind of evil. lol! She went to South Africa with her, now Ex ahole, she loves the place and said I had to move out there as I would love it. She changed her mind when I said yes I would, providing my new home had a resident ravenous lion pride so I could feed my kids to them. lol!
Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: The Poached White Rhino   The Poached White Rhino Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 10:03 am

and there was me thinking it was you Gris
Back to top Go down
JingleBollox

JingleBollox

PostSubject: Re: The Poached White Rhino   The Poached White Rhino Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 3:55 am

I can't poach an egg nevermind a Rhino, but sod it, I'll try anything once dinner
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Poached White Rhino   The Poached White Rhino Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Poached White Rhino
Page 1 of 1