HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Violence

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
inuit

PostSubject: Re: Violence   Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:15 am

It is both a need and a necessity for Man to even out physically and psycologically. As said it has been canalised through a different route. To become" acceptable" in todays world. The films and games of a very violent nature , as having been said, canalise this. For some-one normally constituted and who knows that it is just a film or a game.
Human nature is something inborn , something people do is what is expcted of them in society . There again an agression is also something people do, at times for no reason what so ever. They blow a lid . Whether it be by built up stress or in response to a situation which has got out of control. People often say that you never know how a dog will react. I say that a dog does not know how to lie. A human being does. So then you never know how the person walking towards you will react to your prescence.
You can programme human behavior from a very young age, we all do it with our children , it is called education and social behavior. to become an acceptable part of the human race. This obviously has to take into account race religion and creed. Many types of peuplades , at the passage of puberty , used physical pain to bring the boy into the mans world. Possibly with the idea that by showing him what pain was , he would abstain from using violence on others.
People can live on a cloud or in a ball, far from the everyday world. Shutting themselves off from what goes on. but at one time or another they will be brought brutally face to face with this violence .The best way is not forget it exists , nor accept it personnally , but by education make people realise that it is unneccessary. Much as it is a pipe dream violence in any form will always be part of the human race.
Back to top Go down
http://mesamisetmoi.forumactif.com/forum.htm
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer

PostSubject: Re: Violence   Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:03 am

.tUrniP wrote:
We've already acknowledged the transformation of 'survival of the fittest' - we seem to have replaced physical dominance with wealth - but my grievance is with your insistence on it being a need or a necessity.

Taking your stress alleviating example, a lot of people will find a Martini or two works much better, or walking in the woods, or any number of things... I couldn't tell you the numbers but I must ask at what stage is a behaviour promoted from 'something some people do' to 'human nature'?

Maybe I'm too far removed from reality but we always seem to get stuck in the way things are, unable to see past them to the way they could be...

Perhaps its how to define what is human nature to what is a behaviour?

Human nature could be defined as what we do and are
Behaviour could be defined as an act that is either acceptable to society or not.

Society dictates we behave in accordance to the acceptable notions of society. Howerver are those unaccepable notions in fact our base human self?

Back to top Go down
inuit

PostSubject: Re: Violence   Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:40 am

Society , any society , will impose itself on the members of that society . So what is acceptable to one is not to the other.
Human nature covers a vast scope and field of reactions , feelings , sentiments , sympathy and anti-pathy. Human nature can bring out the best in mankind as well it can the worst.
How many times have you thought or said " I could kill that person " and mean it ? How many times have you put your hand in your pocket to help a charitable cause ? This is human nature. Violent yet loving. In many cases it is very much down to the situation you find yourself in. Each of us react differently to the same situation.
Back to top Go down
http://mesamisetmoi.forumactif.com/forum.htm
.tUrniP
Lifer
Lifer

PostSubject: Re: Violence   Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:15 pm

The implication seems to be that violence must exist because it exists ( which is, of course, circular and illogical ) but I can't really get my head around what you're trying to say.*

It doesn't really make any sense to redefine the terms like that; A behaviour is something that we do regardless of judgement and is a facet of human nature. By that same token, the ability to overcome 'natural human behaviour' must also be human nature - for example, the neolithic revolution - which surely weakens the concept?

Of course, I'm in no position to define 'natural human behaviour' but my argument is that, really, neither is anybody else. We seem eager to assign our flaws to the inescapable nature of our being but it's just an excuse, isn't it?

If, in fact, the argument is that violence is down to the imposition of society then surely we are back to the abolition of capitalism and the disproportionate power divide with it?

*Which is my fault, I don't seem to be able to read properly today...
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer

PostSubject: Re: Violence   Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:52 pm

Put human nature aside for the moment. How would you define the violence that some seem to either enjoy watching or inflict on others.

Starting with school yard bulling? What do you think this is down to?
Back to top Go down
buttercup

PostSubject: Re: Violence   Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:03 am

I think that school yard bullying is less about the violence itself and more about asserting ones position in the group; this, of course, relies on us still valuing physical dominance but that doesn't prove necessity. In fact, being oneself is a much better strategy - one that attracts like-minded people with whom one is more likely to form genuine, long lasting relationships - but ones insecurity suggests that bullying is the faster and easier approach; hence bullies tend to be the most insecure.

This, of course, doesn't necessarily apply to everyone ( I challenge anyone to come up with something that does ). For example, I've known a few sociopaths and/or psychopaths; One of which being pretty evidently that classical psychopath that seeks the pain in others in order to 'feel' something ( Hopefully he is not a serial killer now ).
Back to top Go down
buttercup

PostSubject: Re: Violence   Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:40 am

I think we have to ask, if violence is a necessary part of human nature then why is it wrong?
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer

PostSubject: Re: Violence   Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:11 pm

Righto, name one aspect etc that is a positive one for violence?
Back to top Go down
buttercup

PostSubject: Re: Violence   Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:03 am

I don't think I can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Violence   

Back to top Go down

Violence
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum