Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Top jockey quits over whip ban (he wants to be able to whip em as much as he likes)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

Top jockey quits over whip ban (he wants to be able to whip em as much as he likes) Empty
PostSubject: Top jockey quits over whip ban (he wants to be able to whip em as much as he likes)   Top jockey quits over whip ban (he wants to be able to whip em as much as he likes) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 2:51 pm

Richard Hughes has given up his riding licence after receiving a second ban for misuse of the whip in four days at Kempton.

Hughes received a five-day ban for hitting More Than Words too many times inside the final furlong in Kempton's 1920 race on Thursday evening.

He subsequently handed in his race licence in protest.

"I've handed in my licence as of tonight," Hughes told Racing UK.

"I can't ride horses knowing that I'm not doing myself and the owners who pay £100 a time justice," said Hughes. "I will only consider starting again if there is a review of the rules. I'd rather sweep roads than do half a job. I've notified Richard [Hannon]."

"We're allowed to hit them seven times and both times I've been done, I've hit them six times, which is less than the amount you're allowed and I've got a fifteen day ban because of it and I miss the Breeders' Cup.

"They've made the rules so you hit them more, so you have to get two into them before the furlong pole as then you've only got five left. I was always told as a young jockey the last jockey who goes for his whip normally wins."

"They're taking the art of race riding away from me, it's like telling Messi not to use his left foot anymore."
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

Top jockey quits over whip ban (he wants to be able to whip em as much as he likes) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top jockey quits over whip ban (he wants to be able to whip em as much as he likes)   Top jockey quits over whip ban (he wants to be able to whip em as much as he likes) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 4:05 pm

If he wants whipping. I'll give him one he won't want to keep.

Horses, don't need to feel the whip, they only need to see it. Al lI can say is good an obvious animal abuser is no longer connected to horses.
Back to top Go down
.tUrniP
Lifer
Lifer
.tUrniP

PostSubject: Re: Top jockey quits over whip ban (he wants to be able to whip em as much as he likes)   Top jockey quits over whip ban (he wants to be able to whip em as much as he likes) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 4:40 am

Quote :
Horses, don't need to feel the whip, they only need to see it.

That's only true if they've already built up the association... To my mind, the whole thing is far from okay and the whip should be banned entirely.

Of course finding horses that actually want to run will be a lot more difficult but that really would be art...

Quote :
"They're taking the art of race riding away from me, it's like telling Messi not to use his left foot anymore."

Yeah, it's exactly like that except for the institutional torture of horses. I suppose I sort of understand his point of view; I mean, the laws taken away the art of kicking this guys face off from me...

I really don't understand how such disrespect for other species has become normality for us.
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Top jockey quits over whip ban (he wants to be able to whip em as much as he likes)   Top jockey quits over whip ban (he wants to be able to whip em as much as he likes) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 2:40 pm

Horse like to run and not all are whipped to get that association. I never whipped my horses and neither did the ex in law or ex sister in law. A show and a crack of a whip behind them was all that was needed.

Having watched the news when that twat was talking, he's already been fined for over usage of the whip. So good riddance to him.

If he thinks a horse should be flogged to death to cross the line then shame on him. Horse run when they connect with you. Flogging them on makes them more to handle and potentially dangerous.

A traumatised horse kicking hell in a stall is something never forgotten. It can easily kill.

Back to top Go down
.tUrniP
Lifer
Lifer
.tUrniP

PostSubject: Re: Top jockey quits over whip ban (he wants to be able to whip em as much as he likes)   Top jockey quits over whip ban (he wants to be able to whip em as much as he likes) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 5:24 pm

Quote :
Horse like to run

Generally ( it seems ) but not necessarily in circles and to the point of exhaustion... Also, I would assume that horses like to run when they want to; Breaking/training/this industry changes that.

Anyway isn't the systematic use of negative stimulus to get what you want the definition of torture ( regardless of severity )? I ask because the biggest defence seems to be that horses are thick skinned and, as such, it doesn't hurt them that much...?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top jockey quits over whip ban (he wants to be able to whip em as much as he likes)   Top jockey quits over whip ban (he wants to be able to whip em as much as he likes) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top jockey quits over whip ban (he wants to be able to whip em as much as he likes)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: