Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used Empty
PostSubject: Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used   Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 4:26 pm

Steven Lawernce case has thrown up a few legal issues, not least the double jepordary law, which has be disolved so you can be tried for it a previous case.

Is it right to do this or not?
Back to top Go down
Orchidee

PostSubject: Re: Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used   Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:34 pm

sure if it keeps the bums off the streets and the public safe. The laws so abused now fishnet stockings hold more water than the law now does.
Back to top Go down
Mileeba

PostSubject: Re: Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used   Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:24 pm

If it fits the crime yes, if it doesnt and is used to lock somebody up regardless then no.
Back to top Go down
buttercup

buttercup

PostSubject: Re: Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used   Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:33 am

Mileeba, how do you ensure the former while simultaneously preventing the latter?
Back to top Go down
buttercup

buttercup

PostSubject: Re: Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used   Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 7:28 am

... okay ...

So I'll open the question up to anyone - how do you ensure proper usage of law?

After all, isn't the intent of law the provision of guidance that transcends context and, as such, doesn't Mileeba's position negate it's value?
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used   Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 6:09 pm

Good grief you have you got ants in your pants? Not everybody can be online every day. Some have a thing called work, eugh shudder! to do, or worse still a life ick so disgusting.
Back to top Go down
buttercup

buttercup

PostSubject: Re: Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used   Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:10 am

I might have at one stage but I think that the Ophiocordyceps Unilateralis may have gotten them all by now.

What's wrong with opening up a question?

I feel like you've gotten weird recently. sad
Back to top Go down
Mileeba

PostSubject: Re: Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used   Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 3:29 am

buttercup wrote:
I might have at one stage but I think that the Ophiocordyceps Unilateralis may have gotten them all by now.

What's wrong with opening up a question?
I feel like you've gotten weird recently. sad
Don't think she meant that at all. What's wrong with you bud.. you sure got in for Spells haven't you. She's been here posting and keeping this site going, getting folks to join in a nice way not forum poaching them like many do. You haven't been online much, until recently. When you started demanding changes to this and that right away. What is wrong with you, can't you wait or do you just like stirrin.

You asked me a question then threw a hissy fit becoz I didn't answer immediately. Spells replied back in a humorist tone and you rip her for it. I gotta work. I post when I want to not, when you demand instantly. Tough if you got a problem with waiting I sure am not going to bend to your demands.

Only one weird here, is you bud and the ways you're behaving.

As for the question you demanded, I'll answer it in my own sweet time.
Back to top Go down
buttercup

buttercup

PostSubject: Re: Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used   Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:29 am

I don't have a problem with anyone, I really don't understand how I've given that impression ... I literally have no clue. Anyway, do you really think me such a fool to mess with a witch..?

I also haven't made a single demand. I can only guess that my semi-formal writing style is what is giving that impression but there's no intended force and, most certainly, no authority in it. Either these things happen or they don't. I would like them to, hence asking, but it's really not my decision.

Nor have I thrown any 'hissy fits'. I don't expect anything from you, let alone an immediate response. All that has happened here is that I've asked you a question directly and then decided that I'd actually like to know what other people think too.

The 'weird' comment ( which, by the way, is meant in good fun and is hardly insulting anyway ) was in reference to the atmosphere here these days - people seem to have gone soft and be overly defensive. It's also based in miscommunication because I now see that you feel I was rushing you ( the how still eludes me though ), a context in which her reply makes sense, but I wasn't, a context in which it doesn't. However, when I was last here it's exactly the sort of thing that we would have lol emoted at and carried on with our lives, not had to stop and have this conversation.

I guess that, again, my language has been erroneous somewhere; In which case I would appreciate you ( or anyone ) letting me know exactly what I've said wrong because clearly I am unable to do so myself.

Until then there isn't much else I can say; Except that, from my point of view, you are putting your own negative spin on what I'm saying for whatever reason. Maybe you just don't like me, which is fair enough, but I'm really not that bad.

Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used   Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 4:00 pm

The topic itself is emotive and several of us have been touched by cancer. It's a horrible diseas that affects yound and old alike, rich and poor. Whetehr you are a sufferer or whether you are the observer cancer rips you apart and leaves you emotionally scared and sensitive to it. Some overly others maybe not as much.

On a personal note, childhood cancers cripple me and rip me apart. I hate to see anybody suffer cancer but a child with it makes me an emotional wreck. Topics on cancer is one area I am v uncomfortable with. Reason, its been a way to frequent caller in my family. Big on destruction and emotional turmoil.

@ B, this is my personal view, you've been a little too full on since rejoining. You may well have not been at all. I will be first to admit I've been a little too preoccupied of late and overly tired and my judgement and common sense has indeed left the building.. Never a great combination to chat or even debate. I do adore arguing with you, you have an interesting angle on things.

@ M, PMT or OOC?

Back to top Go down
buttercup

buttercup

PostSubject: Re: Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used   Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 5:06 pm

I do wish I understood how I've been wrong but, whether I have been or not, it's how people seem to feel so, again, I am sorry...

More importantly though, I wish there was something I could do to help you. I know it can't be easy.

Back to top Go down
buttercup

buttercup

PostSubject: Re: Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used   Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 3:03 am

Not to cause any more commotion but 5 months is a reasonable period of time, right? grimmace
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used   Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Double Jepordary - Should it apply or be used
Page 1 of 1