Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Luck - coming soon to Sky Atlantic

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

Luck - coming soon to Sky Atlantic Empty
PostSubject: Luck - coming soon to Sky Atlantic   Luck - coming soon to Sky Atlantic Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:56 am

TV series centered around characters who are tied to the same horse-racing track, starring Nick Nolte, Dustin Hoffman Dennis Farina among others. Fromthe trailer it looks great, can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: Luck - coming soon to Sky Atlantic   Luck - coming soon to Sky Atlantic Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 4:52 pm

Hmmmm..

While definite quality i'll give it a miss i think...

I can't even watch the Grand National, I don't know how to put a bet on and the horsey fraternity in general annoy me...

As i say, looks very well done for folk that like the subject matter..
Back to top Go down
Mileeba

PostSubject: Re: Luck - coming soon to Sky Atlantic   Luck - coming soon to Sky Atlantic Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 2:47 pm

The pre series write up are divided, one half loves it. The other half slates it. What I've seen off the trailers has made it a watcher for me. Don't know if any horses get hurt all I have seen is a few jockeys being felled.
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Luck - coming soon to Sky Atlantic   Luck - coming soon to Sky Atlantic Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 3:17 pm

First screenig and it really good. Uncomfortable watching eve nif you are not a fan of horse racing. Luck is all about the dark side o horse racing, sadly this side does occur. Like with all walks of life there is always a dark side to everything.

My verdict on episode 1 - 9/10
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: Luck - coming soon to Sky Atlantic   Luck - coming soon to Sky Atlantic Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:57 am

HBO has elected to cancel production on Luck following the death of a third horse on the racetrack drama series.

The network released this statement:

“It is with heartbreak that executive producers David Milch and Michael Mann together with HBO have decided to cease all future production on the series Luck. Safety is always of paramount concern. We maintained the highest safety standards throughout production, higher in fact than any protocols existing in horseracing anywhere with many fewer incidents than occur in racing or than befall horses normally in barns at night or pastures. While we maintained the highest safety standards possible, accidents unfortunately happen and it is impossible to guarantee they won’t in the future. Accordingly, we have reached this difficult decision. We are immensely proud of this series, the writing, the acting, the filmmaking, the celebration of the culture of horses, and everyone involved in its creation.”
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Luck - coming soon to Sky Atlantic   Luck - coming soon to Sky Atlantic Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:44 am

As the American humane society said. Accidents happen and the thrid hourse has just passed the vets check while while as ever, the society remined on the show, the horse suddenly reared up and fell back, unfortunately it had to be sent to the great fileds inthe sky. Plus they have stated the events were not forseen and HBO or the producers were at fault in these cass.

As a series I liked it, it was different. If you google animal deaths/accidents via films you will find more have been killed/hurt in some films you would not think about than in this series.

All deaths are a tradgedy, accidents occur and with animals even with stringent policys in place an accident can occur and death sadly also.
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: Luck - coming soon to Sky Atlantic   Luck - coming soon to Sky Atlantic Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 9:13 am

Oh i don't doubt it mate...
I seem to recall that in certain westerns in Hollywoods heyday there were tens of horses killed..
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Luck - coming soon to Sky Atlantic   Luck - coming soon to Sky Atlantic Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 9:29 am

Aye and probably more than that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luck - coming soon to Sky Atlantic   Luck - coming soon to Sky Atlantic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Luck - coming soon to Sky Atlantic
Page 1 of 1