Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Best Internet Service Provider?

Go down 
+2
Akiranika
Mrs-G
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

Best Internet Service Provider? Empty
PostSubject: Best Internet Service Provider?   Best Internet Service Provider? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 3:26 am

Who would you say was the best ISP?

We originally had AOL which was very good but the price was poor, we switched to Virgin Media and they seem to be better, prices are always changing to get the best deals, service is very rarely interrupted, very happy with it.

girly
Back to top Go down
https://maddogz.forumotion.co.uk
Akiranika

Akiranika

PostSubject: Re: Best Internet Service Provider?   Best Internet Service Provider? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 6:32 am

So far, I like PLDT.
Back to top Go down
stranger
Lifer
Lifer
stranger

PostSubject: Re: Best Internet Service Provider?   Best Internet Service Provider? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:50 am

I'm with smallworld and they claim not to cut the speed and its pretty cheep
Back to top Go down
TDKING

TDKING

PostSubject: Re: Best Internet Service Provider?   Best Internet Service Provider? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:58 am

they did a test on the gadget show a while ago to show who cut there speeds and who didnt so i went with the best one they rated so am on SKY
Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Best Internet Service Provider?   Best Internet Service Provider? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 2:22 am

On virgin media too, have been ever since we got the net, mum is on sky and has nothing but problems with it. We have never really had a problem as such (touch wood).
We got a decent deal too, t.v, basic t.v package and internet all for £30 a month.
Back to top Go down
TDKING

TDKING

PostSubject: Re: Best Internet Service Provider?   Best Internet Service Provider? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 2:31 am

thing is av never had a problem with Sky we where on virgin and had shed loads of problems and also got poor connection speed
Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Best Internet Service Provider?   Best Internet Service Provider? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 2:34 am

I suppose there is always going to be people who have good and bad experience with all sorts of products or services.

Speaking of internet connections. This may sound like a noob question, but do laptops have built in antennas for picking up the internet signal from a router or would you have to buy one like i have shoved in my P.C? Thinking of getting a laptop so i can take you all to bed with me
cool
Back to top Go down
TDKING

TDKING

PostSubject: Re: Best Internet Service Provider?   Best Internet Service Provider? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 2:37 am

Most laptops now if u get a new one have wireless built in so you can connect to your router mate
Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Best Internet Service Provider?   Best Internet Service Provider? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 2:40 am

Just need to sell my camera then, should be able to afford a new one after that
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

PostSubject: Re: Best Internet Service Provider?   Best Internet Service Provider? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 2:42 am

Our middle daughter has an O2 dongle, pay as you go and for a portable device it works really good actually! Obviously download speeds aren't great but for basic internet access the pages load quite quickly!.

£2 for 1 day
£7.50 for 1 week
£15 for 30 days
Back to top Go down
https://maddogz.forumotion.co.uk
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Best Internet Service Provider?   Best Internet Service Provider? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 2:49 am

MissTake wrote:
Our middle daughter has an O2 dongle, pay as you go and for a portable device it works really good actually! Obviously download speeds aren't great but for basic internet access the pages load quite quickly!.

£2 for 1 day
£7.50 for 1 week
£15 for 30 days

Was considering these also as a means of connection, that way i can use it in work.
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Best Internet Service Provider?   Best Internet Service Provider? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 5:48 am

Harrumph stuck with my daughters BThell until the end of her contract. The things I do for my kids. Give up a nice reliable net connection with pipex to save her being stung for a contract when she lost her rental home and job.

Roll on end of contract is all I can say.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Internet Service Provider?   Best Internet Service Provider? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Internet Service Provider?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Chat :: Discussion Room-
Jump to: