View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: The end of Mininova   Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:35 pm

roland rat wrote:
im waiting to see if anyone offers me an invite to a private site ,
those public ones are a minefield
i just cant trust them

I'm all out of invites for IP Torrents but Gaz, stranger or Bee might be able to help you out mate thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer

PostSubject: Re: The end of Mininova   Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:56 pm

I can give Waffles (in a bit) and TheBox at the mo, thats it ...

I'm not a power user at IPT yet ...
Back to top Go down
roland rat
Lifer
Lifer

PostSubject: Re: The end of Mininova   Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:10 pm

cheers m8s by the way harry brown rocks
mr caine plays a blinder
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The end of Mininova   Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:21 pm

I have 3 for IPT should anyone want em ( and you will folks, its that good, trust me )...

pm me .....

Ta TW for the sig.
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer

PostSubject: Re: The end of Mininova   Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:49 pm

Fill your boots Pete
Back to top Go down
roland rat
Lifer
Lifer

PostSubject: Re: The end of Mininova   Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:38 pm

my boots are squelching thanks gaz
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The end of Mininova   Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:18 am

The biggest joke on the Mini forum is that all the ones who are posting saying they will stay, are all lurkers crawling out of the woodwork. If they couldn't be arsed to post before, why on earth will they post now?

I got a 3 year ban ..........August 2012, doubt I'll have to wait that long, I can't see it being there much longer than Christmas.

brick wall

Thanks to .tUrniP for the sig
Back to top Go down
http://maddogz.forumotion.co.uk
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer

PostSubject: Re: The end of Mininova   Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:30 pm

The-Wall wrote:

I might be wrong but there forum will probably free from the people who host the main site.

Sorry, I meant the main site pays for the forum software and running costs, it is not a 'free' forum as such, like this one. Without going to look, I can't remember seeing if it was hosted by Mini itself or off a third party site like this site is. There are hosting costs, and data cost attached to it, plus upkeep and as it is Invision it is quite a hefty size to start with let alone all the things that go on it. The forum is expendable and always is the first to go. If mini can't make a go of things now its hand are tied, the forum won't survive either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The end of Mininova   Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:30 pm

Most sites are bought at a price with the option of a forum if you buy the premium package, I'm sure over the next few months Eric will realise that the premium package (with the free forum option) will be too much and be at a loss. So in IMO the forum will fold as will the main site.

The main sales pitch for the Content Distribution is that 47 million people visit Mininova every month, this WILL NOT happen come 3-6 month down the line, meaning they will have no financial gain to keep either site open.

Mininova is kept running by people clicking on the ads, if people know that they can't get what they want from there, they wont go to the site. Thus meaning they wont have any income at all and would need to shut it down.

Mininova as a name is now dead or dying a slow death.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The end of Mininova   Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:46 am

Quote :
OBSCENE wrote:
Hi

I'd like to interview the site owner, for an article on our website, http://extratorrent.com if that would be possible. We know you fought the good fight for many years, and we respect you for it. We also know making a decision to end all content in such manner as you have on your site had to be a hard one, and trust us it's a blow to the entire torrent world. We again would love to interview you, with some questions about things which have transpired in the past year(s) and why you came to this final decision. We want to know what went through your head, from day one until now. What made you decide this ultimate fate for the infamous Mininova, and how you feel about it. Also how you feel about the anti-piracy scum which have pursued your site and yourself relentlessly. Again we support you, and hope things go well in the future for you.

Thanks for your time,

OBSCENE
SuperAdmin of Extra Torrent
Quote :
Mininova's Reply:
Erik Dubbelboer wrote:
On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Erik Dubbelboer wrote:
Hi,

You can send the questions for the interview to me. I'll answer them as soon as possible.

Have a nice day,

--
Erik Dubbelboer
President, Mininova BV
Quote :
My reply:
OBSCENE wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for allowing the interview. It's important to our community I'll write each question one by one and then post my question, and your reply in the article.

Since 2005, after becoming the offspring of the popular Suprnova.org, Mininova had arose from the underworld to become one of the world's largest torrent index sites. It's community was far stretching, and massive. Recently, due to pressures from the judicial system, it decided to totally remove all infringing torrents, a database that was the largest of any torrent site, and now only allow "Content Distribution" from independent labels, software companies, publishers, and film groups. It's community felt devastated, but the torrent world understood that Mininova had little choice but to do this.

First of all, Mr. Erik Dubbelboer, President of Mininova BV, I would like to thank you for taking the time out to speak on behalf of the great Mininova and sit down with us for this interview. I have a few questions, and I intend to distribute this to the masses, in order for them to hear from you.

On behalf of your very large community, we all supported you through every legal dispute and every court battle, and we still support you even after the loss to the Anti-Piracy outfits that attempted to bring you down. If you had to tell the community how you felt about these anti-piracy firms, and the decisions which were made in court against, as to whether you feel they were just or outright unfair, what would you say?

Many within the torrent community are finding new homes, and replacements for Mininova now, and after the demise or potential demise of The Pirate Bay, they feel displaced. What can you promise to come from your future endeavours and plans related to file sharing?

In every aspect of the torrent world, most sites were affected by the loss of Mininova as a large indexer. Various torrent sites indexed from within the site of Mininova, and now must crawl new places in hopes of keeping up with future torrents. We know you care about file sharing as a peer to peer right, not just a privilege, and what made your site continue operating as usual for as long as it did?

In the end, you decided to remove 99.9% of your extremely large database of .torrent files, what made you come to such an abrupt decision, without prior notification to the community?

In essence, the world has been behind you. You've had supporters internationally, backing you from day one in court. What would you like to say to those whom supported you over the years?

When you first opened Mininova, the site became huge. What I want to know, is did you have any expectation that it would become as large as was?

The decision in May from the BREIN civil procedure, was that Mininova would have to enforce tough new copyright filters. Did you believe that would be the end of the case against your site, or did you predict that future escalations would continue as the eventually did?

In August, the Utrecht court ruled that Mininova needs to remove all torrent files pointing to copyright protected material from the platform within 3 months or face damages of up to €5 million, did you feel then that this was a fair decision?

About BREIN, some can call them the sharp-tongued scavengers who work against the torrent world with unprecedented fashion. How do the founding crew of your website actually feel about this group which terrorized so many within the torrent world?

Do you think that BREIN is a legit and fair organization, or do you believe, as do most site owners, they are "hired guns" of the entertainment industry, willing to go to stop at no extent to fight the torrent world?

If you had a message to deliver to the courts about the decisions they made against your site, what would it be?

According to your blog post, you are considering an appeal to the court. On what premises to you believe you should be granted a new trial?

If you do consider an appeal, do you believe you can sway the decision of the court by doing what The Pirate Bay, and others have failed to do, which is in fact, actually attempt to make the courts understand how file sharing via the BitTorrent Protocol works? I believe that's the main reason so many have fallen, is the lack of knowledge about the protocol or even peer to peer file sharing as a whole.

As of November 24th, it's estimated there were at least 10 BILLION downloads from your website. Do you feel that your site made an impact on the torrent world and the peer to peer file sharing community in general?

I know the site administration, founders, system operators, and peers have been shocked by this. How did you feel personally when it all came to an end last week?

What new projects can we expect from the Mininova team in the future, are there any exciting plans that have yet to be unveiled?

If you have any suggestions or advice to give to other indexers, trackers, or torrent sites which are still standing, that you have learned form this long ordeal, what would that be?

Again we thank you for taking time out of your extremely busy schedule to speak to our community on behalf of one of the greatest peer to peer file sharing sites every, and possibly the greatest torrent site to ever exist, Mininova. Our support and prayers are with you and your staff for all eternity, and we hope to see future projects from the same team that brought us such a great site over the years. Thank you for everything you've done for the torrent world. Thanks to all of the site staff, admins, and power players he kept fighting until the very end. Thank you.

End Article

Thanks so much for your time, and I wish you and your crew the best of luck in any appeal or future plans.

I know this must be a very tough time, and remember, the community is behind you 100%, because you kept fighting until the end, and never once sold out the community. You did what you had to do.

Thanks,
xxxOBSCENExxx

Quote :
Erik Dubbelboer wrote:
On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 10:14 AM, Erik Dubbelboer wrote:
Hi,

I'm sorry for the late reply.

I have read your questions and I'm afraid I prefer not to answer most of them. I'm afraid an interview like this would not really work for us. I could answer some questions but most of it can already be read in our blog post (http://blog.mininova.org/articles/2009/11/26/mininova-limits-its-activities-to-content-distribution-service/).

Thanks for understanding,

--
Erik Dubbelboer
President, Mininova BV
Quote :
It seems Mininova does not in fact care for telling the community, which kept it thriving for so many years, their opinions on the matters at hand. I may have been wrong when I believed Mininova actually cared about file sharing. Maybe they do, but they're choosing not to answer the questions so many have dearly wanted to ask.

For those whom don't understand, myself, and ET, truly love file sharing. We believe it is not only a right, for the world, but something that must be fought for. File sharing is as important to the world as libraries are, as any form of communication is. It benefits us all in so many ways, that I cannot describe in a mere few sentences how important it truly is.

For those of you from Mininova, I wanted you to see, that the beloved site you once called home, truly feels about telling it's community the truth. They sadly, feel that answering the people whom made them rich, and the people who kept supporting them to the very end, is not as important, as now trying to go "legal".

I felt that they owed each of you from Mininova an answer, and an expression, they failed to do so, so I attempted to contact them for a one on one interview. First they agreed, then they declined. I am only stating the facts people.

Here on ET though, I'm keeping them honest. I promise to never fret or fail to bring you the truth, about any cause, or any situation. For the truth will set you free.

Goodbye Mininova, you have lost your followers, and lost my personal respect.

By:
xxxOBSCENExxx
December 9th, 2009
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The end of Mininova   Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:13 am

hi/bye hi/bye

break dance dancer

No farewell thread so everyone could kiss his arse shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The end of Mininova   

Back to top Go down