Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mum of shot dead four year old girl also succumbs to wounds.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

Mum of shot dead four year old girl also succumbs to wounds. Empty
PostSubject: Mum of shot dead four year old girl also succumbs to wounds.   Mum of shot dead four year old girl also succumbs to wounds. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 7:07 am

The mother of a four-year-old girl shot thought to have been shot dead by her father who then killed himself has died of her injuries

Mum of shot dead four year old girl also succumbs to wounds. 15510307

Julie Harrison, 40, died at 9.30am at St George's Hospital in Tooting, London, Hampshire Police said.

Officers believe her estranged partner Andy Copland, 56, killed their four-year-old daughter Maisie then shot Ms Harrison before killing himself at their house in Aldershot, Hampshire.

Ms Harrison's ex-husband said today she was a bubbly personality with lots of friends.

Kevin Moody, 47, a print production manager from Farnborough, Hants, said he was married to Ms Harrison from 1992 to 1996, when they split amicably.

"She was a good laugh and we had an awful lot of fun when we were together. She was a bubbly personality and had a lot of friends," he said.

Mr Moody said: "We didn't have any children and basically we split because she wanted to do the things that a single woman wanted to do and I didn't."

Mr Moody said he last saw his ex-wife in 2006 at the funeral of his mother Margaret.

"She seemed happy. She showed me loads of pictures of Maisie on her phone - she was well proud of her," he said.

"She didn't tell me about her partner and I didn't ask. I met him once years ago but I didn't know him," Mr Moody explained.

Mr Moody said his wife worked as a care assistant before they married and then she looked after mother Betty, who had multiple sclerosis and later died.

He said Copland's ex-wife ran a care business but he could not remember if Ms Harrison had worked for it when they were married.

"I'm really in shock. It was all a long time ago for me now. At the end of the day she was a woman I loved," he added

Earlier a neighbour told how police reacted when Copland apparently shot Maisie and Ms Harrison before turning the gun on himself.

Rachael Bryan was at home next door when a friend, Robert Wood, was prevented from parking his car by Ms Harrison's red Renault, which was parked in the road.

"She had dropped the child off and kept the engine running so Robert was kept waiting and he started tooting his horn," Mrs Bryan explained.

"Then a neighbour came up to him and tearfully said he (Copland) had locked his wife in the house and the police have been called.

"We went upstairs to my bedroom window and a police car with lights flashing came and a policeman knocked on the door.

"I suppose he must have seen something through the letterbox because he then started kicking in the door.

"Later we saw the mother coming out. She had her head strapped across the stretcher and she was put into an ambulance."

She said that Ms Harrison had left the house on November 6.

"When I moved in I was told he came home from work one day and his wife had left with their child," she said.

"I used to see him putting the bins out but I kept my distance. He seemed angry and depressed. People said he used to be OK but his wife had left him."
Back to top Go down

Mum of shot dead four year old girl also succumbs to wounds.
Page 1 of 1