Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What mobile would you recommend and why?

Go down 
+5
thegreatest
stranger
Spellarella
TK Trooper
Mrs-G
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

What mobile would you recommend and why? Empty
PostSubject: What mobile would you recommend and why?   What mobile would you recommend and why? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 4:03 am

I'm getting a new mobile /cell phone for my birthday and want to know which one you would recommend?
I was thinking the LG Cookie, I want it to have a good camera, good storage capacity with micro SD, touch screen, mp3 player but I'm not talking silly money so probably under £100.
Back to top Go down
https://maddogz.forumotion.co.uk
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: What mobile would you recommend and why?   What mobile would you recommend and why? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:18 am

Not sure what to suggest for under £100.

I have a Nokia N85, probably the best phone i have owned so far. 8GB memory with card, sound is very good, picture quality is excellent. Not to big and chunky a phone. Quick response and has been very reliable.

Personally i don't like the touch screen phones. Most people i know with these phones have had nothing but trouble, mostly cos they are either too sensitive or not enough, this touch screen should have been left to the i-phone IMO.
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: What mobile would you recommend and why?   What mobile would you recommend and why? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 7:06 am

For camera quality the Satio 12 mg - touch screen with pen, you can't beat. However it has issues with its software being incompataible with some networks software, that are still ongoing for some. My daughter has had hers a month and its gone back now 3 times, shes with O2. I've had mine since November and, touch wood, not had any problem, I'm with vodafone. The main problems seems tobe when the networks try to lock the phone to them. Mine is unlocked but all those others whose mobiels are locked have had problems. Price wise Satio is over your budget, but I would say look at contracts theyre are some cracking deals around.

Secondhand or Ebay I would say the Nokia N95 or its newer replacement. Again very good camera and easy to use. I had the N95 5mg with carl zeiss(?) lens, before my contract came up for renewal and I found it a pleasure to use and simple. Good battery life even or talkers. Plenty on Ebay, rare to find is the purple one I had, which 'im indoors used when he broke his N95 and he really hammers the phone so it stands up well to that test.

N95 comes in 2 forms, normal with upgradable memory chip, and the 8gb music version. The latter is more expensive but all you are paying for is the black cover and the 8gb bit really, both phones are the same.

The cookie has issues with coming apart. That is all I know about it.

Samsungs, many have battery life issues. My daughter had the pixon and it plagued her no end. Now she got the Satio I think she is just jinxed mobile. What mobile would you recommend and why? Lol

There is a iphone clone called Ilove, or cect 599 among some of its names. All the features of the iphone but with none of the battery burnout issues and half the price and made as a rip off by the chinese. Camera is a bit low spec as is the iphones.

For contract phones tmobile have one of the best plans, I didn''t renew as they didn't have the Satio in. The plan I was on was £30 pm which gave me £280 pm to use as calls text and picture messages. I also got free calls and texts on weekends thrown in. Also free internet acess no limit. Down side is you have to pay for voicemail and if you download things like ringtones via the phone they charge you. I never exceeded that limit so my bill was always spot on £30 pm. Very friendly and if theyhad the Satio I would have stayed put. Brilliant covrage too except Asda which was brilliant I coud shop in peace.

Check each network provider and compare, the phones on offer, and the deals they provide. Not all deals mean new mobile some have sim only deals.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
stranger
Lifer
Lifer
stranger

PostSubject: Re: What mobile would you recommend and why?   What mobile would you recommend and why? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 7:47 am

I have a soni Ericsson cyber shock, great for taking pictures and videos don't know what the price is for it now. I got it out on contract and I have 8gig of storage on my memory card with it best phone I have had so far.
this is it here
What mobile would you recommend and why? Sony-ericsson-shiho-c905-cyber-shot-phone
This is the Sony Ericsson’s
upcoming Cyber-shot phone with 8.1 Megapixel CCD image sensor. The C905
comes with a 8 mega pixel camera
with Xenon flash and supports face recognition, auto focus.
C905, codenamed Shiho, features a 2.4-inch QVGA LCD display.
integrated GPS
support, WiFi and Blue-tooth connectivity.
The Sony Ericsson C905 is a 3G/HSDPA slider phone. It supports memory stick
Micro M2 memory card (a 2GB card will be bundled).
Back to top Go down
thegreatest
Games Tech
Games Tech
thegreatest

PostSubject: Re: What mobile would you recommend and why?   What mobile would you recommend and why? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 2:33 pm

I wouldn't recommend a touch screen phone I have had 3 different phones and all of the screens sucked. I would go with a Blackberry and I know in the states if you get a 2 year contract all phones are dirt cheap after a discount. So if you are willing to get a contract then I would get a Blackberry. IMO the Blackberry Tour is the best.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/blackberrytour/

Last edited by thegreatest on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: What mobile would you recommend and why?   What mobile would you recommend and why? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 2:58 pm

Nokias N95 and other phones you can look up and compare with.

Prepay phone site quite good and a range of prepay phones to browse through.

The Blackberry storm is a sexy small phone, small camera pixels though. Most other Blackberrys are quite large. The Pearl is amd sized phone.
Back to top Go down
CJThomasBOYYY

CJThomasBOYYY

PostSubject: Re: What mobile would you recommend and why?   What mobile would you recommend and why? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 3:06 pm

I would reccomend the enV 3. It turns on slow but it's the most reliable phone I've had. And it doesn't break easy. Not that I would know... What mobile would you recommend and why? 82956
Back to top Go down
http://sonic-speed.co.nr
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: What mobile would you recommend and why?   What mobile would you recommend and why? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 3:28 pm

Gris Gris wrote:
Nokias N95 and other phones you can look up and compare with.

Although the N95 is a good phone (i had it before the one i have now). The N85 (next in the series) can do everything the N95 can and a bit more, plus isn't as big and bulky. Just so you know
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

PostSubject: Re: What mobile would you recommend and why?   What mobile would you recommend and why? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 3:56 pm

Thanks guys and gals, I'll be sure to look all of those up,

I made a bit of a boob, I was running a Motorola sliva L6 that I've had for 3 years, crap picture quality but a sound and reliable phone. Eldest daughter was getting a contract and I asked her if I could have her old phone, a Samsung D900i, I gave my phone to my mum as she had a useless thing that did nothing..........the damn Samsung kept losing signal, battery would last 3 minutes and the bluetooth wouldn't work! I'm now using my other daughters mobile a Sony Ericsson something or other with 3mp camera, mp3 and 2gb storage.

Gaz is going to buy me a new phone for my birthday (which isn't till December) but gives me plenty of time to pick a good one now and get it at a good price by then! Method in my madness!

keep the ideas coming!

thumbs up
Back to top Go down
thegreatest
Games Tech
Games Tech
thegreatest

PostSubject: Re: What mobile would you recommend and why?   What mobile would you recommend and why? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 4:36 pm

If you really want a touch screen phone, although I don't recommend it, I would get the HTC Touch Pro 2. It has a good camera and even apps.

http://www.htc.com/www/product/touchpro2/overview.html
Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: What mobile would you recommend and why?   What mobile would you recommend and why? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 4:38 pm

You could make them all jealous and get an I-phone
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: What mobile would you recommend and why?   What mobile would you recommend and why? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 3:20 pm

N97 mini Nokias site where you can compare all the the lastet gen mobiles coming out.

TK - The N95 replacement is the 'N97 and the N97 mini' the '80' series covers the N70's series.

The HTC has issues ongoing still- read the forums that go with all phones to see the issues.

Try to get an 'unlocked' phone, easier to use and swap sims if the signals bad etc. Also has a better value when re-selling. To unlock aphone it costs and it horrendous proceedure for some phones and networks.

Also look up moneysupermarket they show good deals currently around.
Back to top Go down
Julz
Lifer
Lifer
Julz

PostSubject: Re: What mobile would you recommend and why?   What mobile would you recommend and why? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 3:40 pm

My ....your giving a lot of time for research....you do realise that all this info is gonna be out of date by your birthday lol!
Back to top Go down
thegreatest
Games Tech
Games Tech
thegreatest

PostSubject: Re: What mobile would you recommend and why?   What mobile would you recommend and why? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:46 pm

All of these expensive phones will be in her £100 range by then. What mobile would you recommend and why? 314929
Back to top Go down
Julz
Lifer
Lifer
Julz

PostSubject: Re: What mobile would you recommend and why?   What mobile would you recommend and why? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 7:11 am

So that's the plan then....clever lol!
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

PostSubject: Re: What mobile would you recommend and why?   What mobile would you recommend and why? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 4:58 pm

Exactly!!!!!

Birthday is December by which time all the best phones will be way down in price ready for Christmas, maybe I should up the price range say £150? Fifty pounds of for Christmas......bobs your uncle thumbs up

......and I very rarely buy brand new just out products, I always wait until they come down in price. cool
Back to top Go down
Legit Sushi

PostSubject: Re: What mobile would you recommend and why?   What mobile would you recommend and why? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:28 am

I would recommend the iPhone 'cause it has lots of applications and it looks nice.
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

PostSubject: Re: What mobile would you recommend and why?   What mobile would you recommend and why? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 1:19 am

So far I'm leaning towards the Toco Elite but I also have my eye on a Blackberry thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Mileeba

PostSubject: Re: What mobile would you recommend and why?   What mobile would you recommend and why? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 3:31 pm

Had the Blackberry Torch and was v happy with it. My Torch even survived a sudden qucik wash in the washer. I did let ti dry out throughly for about a week, worked brilliantly and somehow the battery life extended what I was getting.

Now switched to Samsung Stratosphere for work. Blackberry Curve clone. Wouldn't recommend it, poor quality feels cheap and the back cover loses the will to live frequently. The most annoying is the call quality is crap. The companys changing cell phone contracts soon, so hope to get a better choice that at least can make and receive calls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What mobile would you recommend and why?   What mobile would you recommend and why? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What mobile would you recommend and why?
Page 1 of 1