Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pensions- providng for your future

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

Pensions- providng for your future Empty
PostSubject: Pensions- providng for your future   Pensions- providng for your future Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 6:35 am

Yea right! Pensions- providng for your future 137958
I kid you not, retire at 65 years and any personal pensions, saving etc you have accumulated. That take you over, for example the £7,500 threshold limit you have to pay tax on. To add further insult to injury here even the basic state pension(where applicable) is added all into it.

Many retirees are now finding out this hidden aspect, via nice letters from the Tax office informing them they owe them money and they are to pay tax on everything over that threshold limit..

I wish I was joking but I am not. So why bother putting money into a pension fund when instead of being secure in your old age, all it is doing until it drops to the threshold limit set is paying the tax-man. You might as well go to work until your drop.

Anybody else in the UK know this little sting existed?

Incidentally a 30 year old is advise to put away each month £389approx to provide a pension. Are the Government on drugs?

Why bother with a pension that will keep you (hopefully) head above water in your old age,when anything that is decent enought to do so is taxed and taxed at high rates too. Only laugh to come out of this is fat cat pensions will be taxed, smile wiped off they have loopholes they can use to get out of some of it.

Anybody on apension or putting money inot one here?

No I'm not and I haven't a pension other than the state of which I get the lower end seeing for my sin I was mother and not working for several eons. having seen, my parents get stung and my outlaws certainly does not inspire me to start one. What I aint got can't be taken by the tax man
Back to top Go down
inuit

inuit

PostSubject: Re: Pensions- providng for your future   Pensions- providng for your future Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 12:20 am

Here it is just as bad! They are going to raise the official retirement age 2 years. Which will mean that anyone on a state pension will have to work until 67 to get a full pension. There is the option of retiring at 60 , if you have paid enough money into the kitty. So this would mean retiring at 62 years of age. It is no wonder that lots of people here use mattresses as banks to get past the taxman.
Back to top Go down
http://mesamisetmoi.forumactif.com/forum.htm
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Pensions- providng for your future   Pensions- providng for your future Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 1:46 pm

My gran used to say the matress has many secrets and should be treated with respect. I now know what she means.

Personally I think you should retire when you want to and that your savings/pension should remain tax free. That said and I'm always one to contradict myself. The uber riche should pay more taxes than they do and lose some of the loopholes they use to get out of paying a dime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pensions- providng for your future   Pensions- providng for your future Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pensions- providng for your future
Page 1 of 1