Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Immigrants and Assylum Seekers

Go down 
+3
.tUrniP
TDKING
Mrs-G
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

Immigrants and Assylum Seekers Empty
PostSubject: Immigrants and Assylum Seekers   Immigrants and Assylum Seekers Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 5:27 pm

What are your views on this subject?

Does your government make it too easy for foreigners to come to your country?

Do you think we already have too many?

Should there be set rules on who can come?

I'd like to hear your opinions please........ thumbs up
Back to top Go down
https://maddogz.forumotion.co.uk
TDKING

TDKING

PostSubject: Re: Immigrants and Assylum Seekers   Immigrants and Assylum Seekers Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 5:28 pm

i wont comment on this dont wonna give people the wrong idea about me
Back to top Go down
.tUrniP
Lifer
Lifer
.tUrniP

PostSubject: Re: Immigrants and Assylum Seekers   Immigrants and Assylum Seekers Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 7:27 pm

That post wasn't the best idea in the world then... tongue
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

PostSubject: Re: Immigrants and Assylum Seekers   Immigrants and Assylum Seekers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:36 am

lmao TD, you can have an opinion about it.

I'm not raciest in any way shape or form, I take people at face value and believe there are good and bad in every race. I know of immigrants who have come here to find work and have a better life and that is what they are doing or trying to do. Foreign workers will work for far less pay per hour than us British would and that in it's self is a problem. I also know of some who have come here and have filled their council given house with 20 family members, claim all the benefits they can and cause loads of trouble.

Asylum seekers are a different kettle of fish, I think many have jumped on the band wagon, I'm not saying their country isn't unsafe but I don't believe that the majority had to actually flee to safety. I really do feel for the people that are genuinely scared for their lives but I think the government are too relaxed in who they allow to be classed as asylum seekers and most certainly give them too many perks once they get here.

In the current climate of poverty and recession priority really should go to our own British citizens first.....it's as if we are less important in our own country. sad
Back to top Go down
Akiranika

Akiranika

PostSubject: Re: Immigrants and Assylum Seekers   Immigrants and Assylum Seekers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 5:05 am

I believe the entire concept of "national" borders is archaic. I've visited more countries in the world than I can remember in one sitting. Everywhere I go, I see neighborhoods. These neighborhoods look a little different from each other sometimes and the people sometimes speak different languages, but they are all people. ALL were people who are doing their best each day to get by and succeed the best way they can. Not ONCE did I EVER see a line going across a country side!

I think it's time the world realize how small the planet has become in past 100 years and consider everyone to be their neighbors.
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: Immigrants and Assylum Seekers   Immigrants and Assylum Seekers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 5:10 am

MissTake wrote:

I'm not raciest in any way shape or form,

Ah, dont do yourself down dear, you are a bit racey...... wink
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

PostSubject: Re: Immigrants and Assylum Seekers   Immigrants and Assylum Seekers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:16 am

pushmepullu wrote:
MissTake wrote:

I'm not raciest in any way shape or form,

Ah, dont do yourself down dear, you are a bit racey...... wink

hahahaha................wanker! embarrassed
Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Immigrants and Assylum Seekers   Immigrants and Assylum Seekers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:56 am

I have no issues with people coming to this country to escape the terror in their own country, or to try and make a better life for themselves.
What i do object too though, id the people who are born in this country gradually being made second class citizens. No other country would treat it's own citizens the way ours does.
Plus when immigrants come to this country for the above mentioned reasons, then all of a sudden start DEMANDING this, that and the other, and if they don't get it, then playing the racial discrimination card. For instance, calling England racist if we don't provide money for mosques or for school specific to their teachings and religion. Lets see a Christian or Catholic go to a middle east country and DEMAND money to build a church...hmmmm i wonder what would happen, or more to the point where their body would be found.

Only in this country would we allow immigrants to line the streets to abuse and spit on British troops returning from battle, then arrest British people who then become angered by this and retaliate.

I don't agree with the BNP party, but i can see why they win more seats year after year. When they won at the last election and one of the national tabloids started a campaign against them along with the government....i thought maybe if we looked into WHY they had won those seats. It wasn't through great debating or because they are so respectable, IMO it was more so because the British public feel they have no where else to turn to.

Sorry if this offends anyone but they are my personal opinions, but people can think what they like of me. As i said at the start, i have no issues with people from abroad coming and living here, but they should respect our ways and live by our rules. After all they chose to come to this country above the others, and are equally welcome to find a country more suited to their tastes should the UK not have what they are looking for.
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Immigrants and Assylum Seekers   Immigrants and Assylum Seekers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:38 pm

It only bothers me when, you cant say a word like N*****, and for one I really hate the word and won't use it, but those of that persuasion can band it around without a backward glance. That and word like polliwog, which happens to be my favorite Robinson Jam character and biscuits is considered an insult.

I think the Aussie's have it right. You enter the country with enough money to support you and or have a job/skill to go to. You engage in the Australian way of life and talk the language as a fluent second to your native own. If not bugger off.

As in you are deported then and there or the next available flight either to your own country or to where you flew from. That is it.

No oh well call in here in 2 weeks time etc etc. Like what Britain does. That's if the little rascals call back and don't vanish into the shadows.

Britain should adopt a more stronger policy in dealing with immigrant and migrant workers. After all if we were to do the same to some of those taking the piss countries we would not get such large houses and vast amounts of benefit money we haven't paid into.

There is seriously a lack of respect.
Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Immigrants and Assylum Seekers   Immigrants and Assylum Seekers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:49 pm

Gris Gris wrote:
It only bothers me when, you cant say a word like N*****, and for one I really hate the word and won't use it, but those of that persuasion can band it around without a backward glance. That and word like polliwog, which happens to be my favorite Robinson Jam character and biscuits is considered an insult.

I think the Aussie's have it right. You enter the country with enough money to support you and or have a job/skill to go to. You engage in the Australian way of life and talk the language as a fluent second to your native own. If not bugger off.

As in you are deported then and there or the next available flight either to your own country or to where you flew from. That is it.

No oh well call in here in 2 weeks time etc etc. Like what Britain does. That's if the little rascals call back and don't vanish into the shadows.

Britain should adopt a more stronger policy in dealing with immigrant and migrant workers. After all if we were to do the same to some of those taking the piss countries we would not get such large houses and vast amounts of benefit money we haven't paid into.

There is seriously a lack of respect.

I think i'm in love clap

Seriously though, totally agree. Although they do claim they are not saying the word with and "er" on the end, but rather "A" on the end.Thus it's meant to be different and not offensive...yeah right!!! then how come if a white person pronounces it the way they do then why is it taken in the offensive way.
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Immigrants and Assylum Seekers   Immigrants and Assylum Seekers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 7:23 am

Called double standards I think. I can't abide it. I was called a white woman the other day. I went up the wall at the guy saying I can't say that brown man over there without some idiot calling me a racist. Why don't you say that woman wearing the blue top or some other similar. Before adding I am not white, I'm sort of smudgy jaundice dirty beige colour.

Give the guy his due, he did roar with laughter and took my point. Shame they all don't, that goes for all nationalities.

Where I used to work I could not say 'brown' envelope or black coffee as the Asian woman who worked there would stir up the hornets nest. Yet she could say white coffee etc. When I challenged her, she called me a ruddy racist for saying brown and black, so I called her one back for saying white. Result I got fired. I hit back and won in the tribunal case. I didn't win the racist argument but I won on unfair dismissal.

I was glad to get out of there was like walking on eggshells very unpleasant.
Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Immigrants and Assylum Seekers   Immigrants and Assylum Seekers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am

Feel for you Gris Gris! Thats exactly what i am talking about when i say that Brits feel like second class citizens in this country.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Immigrants and Assylum Seekers   Immigrants and Assylum Seekers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Immigrants and Assylum Seekers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Chat :: Discussion Room-
Jump to: