Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Controversial show -Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die-

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

Controversial show  -Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die-  Empty
PostSubject: Controversial show -Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die-    Controversial show  -Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die-  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 3:14 pm

Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die (Mon 13the June 2011 , 9pm, BBC2)
Sir Terry, who has the early onset of Alzheimer’s, has made an incredibly moving, and personal, film about the greatest taboo of all. He meets three other men with degenerative conditions and talks to them about their wish to end their own lives in as dignified a way as possible. The author himself has said that he may choose a medically assisted death if his health deteriorates, making his visits to the Dignitas clinic in Switzerland even more affecting. There he sits with Peter, an Englishman in his early Seventies with motor neurone disease as Peter drinks the liquid drugs that will end his life. Over on Channel Five, The Restaurant Inspector. Yes, this is not your average TV documentary and, whatever you think about the rights and wrongs of it, is undeniably an excellent touchstone for debate.

Already being marked down as a highly controversial show. Shows both the assisted suciide c/o Digistas and Terry Prachett's own known wish to end hi s days before his illness Alzheimers robs him of his life and dignity.
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: Controversial show -Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die-    Controversial show  -Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die-  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 3:29 pm

Aye, i'll be watching..

Huge fan of Pratchetts Discworld novels, though he's a bit of a pleb himself...

Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Controversial show -Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die-    Controversial show  -Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die-  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 3:34 pm

Gaznandi wrote:
Aye, i'll be watching..

Huge fan of Pratchetts Discworld novels, though he's a bit of a pleb himself...

Eccentric not a pleb lol
Back to top Go down
luthien

luthien

PostSubject: Re: Controversial show -Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die-    Controversial show  -Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die-  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 3:35 am

It is an unlimited debate that the assisted suicide. A few years ago, I had seen a documentary on the subject. It was very moving. To see a man achieves of an incurable dégénératrice disease, paying its last visits to the family, settling(adjusting) its last business(affairs) and finally grouping together(including) his wife and her children to leave surrounded with all their love, it was really poignant. A lot of courage is needed to make all this. Under certain condition, it should be authorized to avoid unbearable sufferings for them and their family.

C'est un débat sans fin que le suicide assisté. Il y a quelques années, j'avais vu un documentaire sur le sujet. C'était très émouvant. Voir un homme atteint d'une maladie incurable dégénératrice, faisant ses dernières visites à la famille, réglant ses dernières affaires et enfin regroupant sa femme et ses enfants pour partir entouré de tout leur amour, c'étais vraiment poignant. Il faut beaucoup de courage pour faire tout cela. Sous certaine condition, cela devrait être autorisé pour éviter des souffrances intolérables pour eux et leur famille.
Back to top Go down
Gwaedin

Gwaedin

PostSubject: Re: Controversial show -Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die-    Controversial show  -Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die-  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 4:57 am

I think that we should all have the right to leave in the dignity...
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: Controversial show -Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die-    Controversial show  -Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die-  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 3:20 am

I thought it was a great programme, i'd highly recommend anyone to watch it, very thought provoking and very touching too..
Back to top Go down
Gwaedin

Gwaedin

PostSubject: Re: Controversial show -Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die-    Controversial show  -Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die-  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 7:46 am

That's for sure Gaz and I agree with you...
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Controversial show -Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die-    Controversial show  -Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die-  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 6:52 am

Death is not all the blood curdling fearful event often portrayed. A gentle death can be the most moving and beautiful event.
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: Controversial show -Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die-    Controversial show  -Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die-  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:39 am

Gris Gris wrote:
Death is not all the blood curdling fearful event often portrayed. A gentle death can be the most moving and beautiful event.

I don't think it was a particularly gentle, moving or beautiful event Gris..
His death rasps...?
His last words begging for water and not being allowed it..?
Back to top Go down
The-Wall

PostSubject: Re: Controversial show -Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die-    Controversial show  -Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die-  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 11:47 am

Gaznandi wrote:
Gris Gris wrote:

I don't think it was a particularly gentle, moving or beautiful event Gris..
His death rasps...?
His last words begging for water and not being allowed it..?

Totally agree mate...

I let the oldest boy watch the end of it last night and going by his voice when I asked him what he thought of it he was affected by it.

Personally I thought it was fuck'n heartbreaking to watch someone take their own life when to me they seemed ok and could have had a bit longer to spend with their loved ones.

But if I was in the same position as him I would want to do the same thing so my family didn't need to watch me suffer or so I didn't need to suffer my last days in pain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Controversial show -Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die-    Controversial show  -Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die-  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Controversial show -Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die-
Page 1 of 1