Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Organ Donation.

Go down 
+5
.tUrniP
Julz
Mrs-G
stranger
Gaznandi
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

Organ Donation. Empty
PostSubject: Organ Donation.   Organ Donation. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 9:37 am

Are you for it or against it?

Would you donate certain ones whilst alive ( kidney, lung?, bone marrow( i know not an organ btw)

Or are you a card carrier for after death donation?
Back to top Go down
stranger
Lifer
Lifer
stranger

Organ Donation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organ Donation.   Organ Donation. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 9:47 am

Im not a card carrier but say my dad or someone close to me were to fall ill. I would donate anything I could do to help them out.

Im not sure about letting people take parts of my body when I were to chuck the bucket. just not sure about it A friend about 2 year ago died and she past away giving birth to the child gave certain ones away. was on the papers and all sorts down here.
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

Organ Donation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organ Donation.   Organ Donation. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:44 pm

I'm a card carrier and on the donor register, What ever is healthy enough to take should I pop it, they can have, apart from my eyes......they are the windows to my soul.

I would like to think that even after my death small parts of me could be walking around for another 5-10 years...and why not help someone who needs it?

I don't like the thought of my liver going to some "George Best" type if I'm honest but there is little I can do or say to stop it from happening.

It wouldn't bother me to donate a kidney or marrow bone while I'm alive either, that does not scare me, I also donate blood.

I'll drop these in here for anyone in the UK who is interested, other countries will have their own similar sites but I personally do not know what they are...

Organ Donation Register
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/ukt/how_to_become_a_donor/how_to_become_a_donor.jsp

Anthony Nolan Trust
http://www.anthonynolan.org.uk/

Blood Donation
http://www.blood.co.uk/

I also have my theories on the recipients of organs too, do they think or feel differently once they have been given new parts?

I'll answer on that later.
Back to top Go down
https://maddogz.forumotion.co.uk
Julz
Lifer
Lifer
Julz

Organ Donation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organ Donation.   Organ Donation. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 1:21 pm

MissTake wrote:

I don't like the thought of my liver going to some "George Best" type if I'm honest but there is little I can do or say to stop it from happening.

So I'll not be having your liver then Organ Donation. 531993

I agree with you...anything but me eyes....if it's worth taking ..help yourself....aint no use to me Organ Donation. 878796
Back to top Go down
.tUrniP
Lifer
Lifer
.tUrniP

Organ Donation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organ Donation.   Organ Donation. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 2:40 pm

I'm not sure any of my organs would be viable candidates, but I'm all for it.

I can't really see any reason why not.
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

Organ Donation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organ Donation.   Organ Donation. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:12 am

Sorry Julz,

I'll write an exception for "Georgina Best"........after all my liver could cope with a few shots of Voddie and Iron Bru, you are A rh+ aren't you? LOL

Organ Donation. 14238

I think it should now be the "opt out" rule rather than carrying the card, it's far easier to untick your name from a data base than to have your relatives make a choice for you if the worst happens and you don't have a card.
I've already told my family my wishes so they already know but not everyone is the same.

And just for arguments sake, if someone gets a new heart do you think that they suddenly start to be more like the person who donated it? There have been many stories to confirm that this happens, so maybe your heart is more than a just a functioning tissue mass?
Back to top Go down
https://maddogz.forumotion.co.uk
jolozkaz
Lifer
Lifer
jolozkaz

Organ Donation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organ Donation.   Organ Donation. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 11:32 am

as far as i am concerned when i am dead they can have anything they want apart from my eyes ... if i was alive then if it was my kids or my close family that needed it then yea probably they could
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

Organ Donation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organ Donation.   Organ Donation. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 11:35 am

Sooooooooo, if you were alive you'd give someone your eyes....... Organ Donation. 151682
Back to top Go down
inuit

inuit

Organ Donation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organ Donation.   Organ Donation. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 7:27 am

Difficult subject to answer as it might just happen that something is wanted at that point and you are left to die so that it can be taken. Who is to decide the exact point of death from where there is no possible return to life? When you are brain dead but your body still functions due to machines? When your body functions no longer reply to stimulus?
Back to top Go down
http://mesamisetmoi.forumactif.com/forum.htm
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

Organ Donation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organ Donation.   Organ Donation. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 3:50 pm

Admire anyone who does it, but not for me. However i think if someone i really cared for needed something i could give then i probably would
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

Organ Donation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organ Donation.   Organ Donation. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 3:53 pm

TK Trooper wrote:
Admire anyone who does it, but not for me. However i think if someone i really cared for needed something i could give then i probably would

I think that when i see Cheryl Cole.......... Organ Donation. 878796
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

Organ Donation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organ Donation.   Organ Donation. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 11:11 am

Every-time the kids don't tidy their rooms I threaten to donate their organs.

The answer is yes, I am a donor. If there is anything salvageable at my kicking the bucket, then they can have it.

As for donating while breathing, while I would say yes, unfortunately my condition makes that a probable not wise move. Most of my spare parts are not freely or easily assessable. I can't even give blood, it takes too long, that is if you can find a vein. When you have been poked and prodded by the medical buffons as much as me, then it is no surprise to any vampires I'm not a worthy pint giver.

I also carried a card saying my kids would donate too. Now they are older, they have their own. My family know I want my bits donated,if they don't I will come back and eat their brains.

When my mum died, even though she was an organ donor, my dad vetoed it. He said she'd been through hell already and he didn't want them to butcher her anymore. He wouldn't let a fuller post mortem be preformed on her to establish what went on and how far the cancer had spread. That part's the harder bit to deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Organ Donation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organ Donation.   Organ Donation. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Organ Donation.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Chat :: Discussion Room-
Jump to: