Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Do you believe in God?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

Do you believe in God? Empty
PostSubject: Do you believe in God?   Do you believe in God? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 5:45 am

I'm not religious, not sure if I believe in religion or not?

I know it can be a very comforting thing for people that need it but it can also be the cause of so much world trouble.

i don't believe in people preaching at you at your own door, If i want religion I know where to find it!
Back to top Go down
https://maddogz.forumotion.co.uk
.tUrniP
Lifer
Lifer
.tUrniP

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God?   Do you believe in God? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 7:21 am

I don't think there is any question as to whether God(s) exists, similar to the wind, it is evidenced by it's effects. People believe therefore God exists.
It may sound weak, but think about it.

I don't, however, believe that religion is synonymous with belief in God; I see them as seperate and one doesn't (necessarily) require the other.

To me it seems that individual spirituality is really the only true form of belief in God, to be religious is really to believe in a man-made system or way of life.

The real question is, does God exist in any one (or none) of the man-made forms - i.e, is God a bearded spirit living in the clouds?
Beyond physical appearance, does God believe that stoning and burning people alive are, in any sense, moral actions (as called for in Leviticus, Ch20)?

I'm not so sure, and if so I can't see myself worshipping God anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
TDKING

TDKING

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God?   Do you believe in God? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 7:57 am

if there is a god there will be the devil cant have one without the other but if theres those two there must be aliens , yeties , big foot , Dracula , zombies the whole lot thats my oppinion and so far i aint see nothing to prove anything besides a book which is biest as hell
Back to top Go down
Akiranika

Akiranika

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God?   Do you believe in God? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 8:15 am

I am more of a realist than an idealist. I know what religion is and what it is not. Religion is an idea that takes many forms. It is not real.

I read something recently that estimates 75% of the people in the world believe "God" is real. Most likely, many of those will say they are not really sure but "aren't taking any chances." That estimate is down. Fifty years ago, more or less, that would easily have been near 100%. Seems to me that the more people are educated about the world and universe around them, the less they need to credit "God" with the creation. As more and more people gain access to the internet I think that estimate will decrease further.
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God?   Do you believe in God? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 8:42 am

I dont believe in it at all, but i believe in the right for anyone else to do so..

If it makes em happy and the ydont try inflict their views on others then good luck to em..

Do you believe in God? 110f7lx
Ta TW for the sig.
Back to top Go down
inuit

inuit

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God?   Do you believe in God? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 12:44 am

No but if people want to believe then it is their right. The problem is that evil men act in the name of their god and bring discredit to everyone associated with their religion. Paisley in Ireland, Khomeny , The Talibans, the Israeli governement , certain preists convicted or not of pedophilie or proning that gas chambers etc did not exist. People who use religion to gain power and use that power to destroy life. A Pope and church who deny sexual freedom to its members in refusing them the right to protect themselves from aids. Or excommunicate a very young girl , who was rapped , aborted the child. If God existed then he should put a stop to all this and people should live in respect of their neighbours . A person does not need a prieist or aman to tell him what to do or how to pray. To pray one can just find a quiet spot, even in a crowd , and communicate with his god. For myself god is in all things , you, all the animals, everywhere where there is life. Because God is life not some omnipotent -omni-present being ready to breath fire on wrongdoers.
Back to top Go down
http://mesamisetmoi.forumactif.com/forum.htm
underage17
Lifer
Lifer
underage17

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God?   Do you believe in God? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 1:32 am

NO. period
Back to top Go down
Julz
Lifer
Lifer
Julz

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God?   Do you believe in God? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 1:45 pm

No...but as people have already said,if some can find comfort in it, then it can be good for them but on the other hand look at the trouble it causes...religion that is
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God?   Do you believe in God? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 3:03 pm

Not religious or do I need religion. Thus I don't believe in god or feel the need for one.

Religion is all about control and blackmail. As religions says its about God, I don't want to subscribe to anybody who feels the need to blackmail or act as a control freak.

I really don't see why people follow such things or have a need for an god entity? If those want to follow such tings, it is upto them. I just don't tolerate the need to shove it or condemn me t oparty on the 9th level of hell because I chose not to be brainwashed.

I am not atheist, that is just another form of religion that is based on the belief of god does not exists.
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God?   Do you believe in God? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 3:23 pm

9th level of Hell eh...?

Theres a few of us going there....

i vote we have a big fuck off party for eternity and spike the Devils drink till he starts breakdancing... grin

Ta TW for the sig.
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God?   Do you believe in God? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 3:52 pm

Fraid so , it is the 9th level as the lower levels I am having refurbished.

I best let my husband know he is expected to break dance, again. Not breaking wind as he thought last time. In hell breaking wind is just not right. Fart in heaven, they can deal with such things so much better up there. Wind just passes by. Hell its inflammable and ruins my laundry. :D
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God?   Do you believe in God? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 3:54 pm

Yeah, i'll let the wife know she's allowed to fart and it aint a sin anymore... fart

Ta TW for the sig.
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God?   Do you believe in God? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 7:23 am

Ladies don't fart. We polietly cough!
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God?   Do you believe in God? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 7:42 am

She aint no lady........

Ta TW for the sig.
Back to top Go down
harrythedog
Lifer
Lifer
harrythedog

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God?   Do you believe in God? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:53 pm

and i have heard her *cough*...

I didnt know coughs stink
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God?   Do you believe in God? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:56 pm

shocked Mr Dog how very dare you?

KHITF

Do you believe in God? Hrwunb
Thanks to .tUrniP for the sig
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God?   Do you believe in God? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:03 pm

Haha

A debate about whether or not god exists has turned into a debate about whether or not womens farts stink ... I love it!

clap
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God?   Do you believe in God? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:12 pm

Yeah, bit slack aint we.......... wink

Ta TW for the sig.
Back to top Go down
JustJohn83
Lifer
Lifer
JustJohn83

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God?   Do you believe in God? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 2:41 pm

I believe in god. Plain and simple. I went through some pretty bad situations and I pulled through them all. I believe he helped me fight through it all.
Back to top Go down
http://wishingstar.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=idx
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God?   Do you believe in God? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:53 am

Good on yer fella.......... wink

Ta TW for the sig.
Back to top Go down
hellblaster5
Lifer
Lifer

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God?   Do you believe in God? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 10:54 am

I believe in God, but I hate it when people just come to your house to tell you to switch to their religion and to follow their God
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God?   Do you believe in God? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 10:57 am

Me too HB.............and you can never get rid of them either!!! shout

Back to top Go down
hellblaster5
Lifer
Lifer

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God?   Do you believe in God? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:01 am

ya, they used to come to my house every sunday morning around 10 and we used to tell them we're not interested and then one day, my mom got pissed and slammed the door in their face and ever since then anyone rarely comes by
Back to top Go down
underage17
Lifer
Lifer
underage17

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God?   Do you believe in God? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 12:01 pm

this has never happened to me!
who are these people?
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God?   Do you believe in God? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 12:19 pm

In the UK we always get bombarded by Jehovahs Witnesses.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God?   Do you believe in God? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you believe in God?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Chat :: Discussion Room-