Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Child Labour.

Go down 
+2
Bee
Gaznandi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

Child Labour. Empty
PostSubject: Child Labour.   Child Labour. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 4:47 am

Is it always wrong?

Does it actually aid some families or is it just another form of slavery?
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

Child Labour. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child Labour.   Child Labour. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 5:32 am

How young is to young to work? All depends on the society and culture I suppose.

Is a paper round not a form of child labour?
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

Child Labour. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child Labour.   Child Labour. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 5:57 am

We all wear Adidas and Next clothing and suchlike...its all made in sweatshops..

Dont seem to bother us much do it...?
Back to top Go down
.tUrniP
Lifer
Lifer
.tUrniP

Child Labour. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child Labour.   Child Labour. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 6:47 am

Is it not a bit libellous to claim, '.its all made in sweatshops..'? I doubt you care, but hey...

Anyway, I don't think children working is a problem, it's the circumstances in which this occurs.
For reasons beyond me employers have no problem exploiting their workforce, and those being children only makes it easier.

If children could work in safe, reasonably comfortable situations for fair pay and fair hours and NOT AT THE EXPENSE OF EDUCATION then where is the problem?
I think a paper round is a prime example of reasonable child labour.
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

Child Labour. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child Labour.   Child Labour. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 7:29 am

My Trainers were made in China
My Coat was made in India.
My jeans were made in Taiwan.
My TShirt was made in Pakistan.

They are all high street branded goods.

If you want to sit there and tell me that all those countries adopt above board labour in their factories then thats of course your opinion.

You may think me libellous, and no, i dont care , but to assume any different when all the evidence shown in multiple reports both on tv and in the written press has exposed these practices time and time again, well, is that not a bit naive..?

I doubt you care, but hey.... Child Labour. 878796
Back to top Go down
.tUrniP
Lifer
Lifer
.tUrniP

Child Labour. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child Labour.   Child Labour. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 7:45 am

I think that it is, in fact, naive to see examples of exploitation and apply it to the entire industry by proxy, but will point out that I personally boycott companies that have been shown to employ unfair practices, whether it's animal testing or sweatshop labour, etc...
Back to top Go down
inuit

inuit

Child Labour. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child Labour.   Child Labour. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:31 pm

In some cases and in some countries amongst the poorest in the world, child labour is one way for the family to make ends meet. I know for us it is not justified and should be reprimanded very strongly but by stopping them you also help to bring their families back on to the starvation line. Those that should be punished are the employers, but then if they pay their workers more you brand name clothes will cost more.
Back to top Go down
http://mesamisetmoi.forumactif.com/forum.htm
stranger
Lifer
Lifer
stranger

Child Labour. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child Labour.   Child Labour. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 6:00 am

I dont agree with these young kids no older than 10 years old working for less than 1 pound a day but like others have said we all use the clothes that they are slave labouring to make .In other words the world is fucked up.
Back to top Go down
inuit

inuit

Child Labour. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child Labour.   Child Labour. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 12:45 pm

I do not agree either, but it is one of the facts of the world we live in. some of them only get that per week! A childs place is not in a sweat shop but at school or enjoying him or herself as children should.
Back to top Go down
http://mesamisetmoi.forumactif.com/forum.htm
.tUrniP
Lifer
Lifer
.tUrniP

Child Labour. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child Labour.   Child Labour. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 1:37 pm

Maybe we could compile a list of known offenders?

I'm not going to suggest a public boycott, or even that anybody else has to participate, but I, for one, would appreciate it...

So if you know of any (please include source/evidence), pass them on... please.
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

Child Labour. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child Labour.   Child Labour. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 3:01 pm

In our western world, it is wrong. In the poorer countries, it makes a difference between survival and starvation. It is wrong but, would you rather have a child die from starvation or one that has some food.

Unfortunately in most of the poorer states, birth control and governmental corruption go hand in hand. Until they are tackled effectively then child labour will continue to blight our humanity.

One could also argue our own western factories have created such a state. Look at those who have moved to such poor countries and employ the young and for low wages but retain high profit.

Should a boycott of those that do so be introduced, but if so what, other than the suffering of an already poor country would that gain?
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

Child Labour. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child Labour.   Child Labour. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 3:38 pm

Caught out either having direct or indirect links to some forms of child labour are: ( whether they're still being linked i dont know )

coca-cola
Mc. donalds
nestle
adidas
Gap
Nike
wal-mart...
Primark

To name but a few........

Theres been enough media information over the last 20 years or so that stories are not hard to find...
From investigative reports, undercover filming etc etc.....

And now theres the internet, just type in Child Labour and see what pops up..
And no, i cant include evidence or sources as i aren't campaigning for anything and i dont work for UNICEF...........

You have to remember, its all perspective, we had boys and girls in UK factories and Mills as late as the early part of the 20th century....Chlidren chimney sweeps, Child servants, Children in the navy 150 years ago...etc etc

Children did the jobs that adults were to large to do...working 16 hours a day..

Children have always been used to get the rich richer by doing the job cheaper...

But we dont live in Victorian or pre Victorian times anymore, so, things are meant to have changed, dont seem like they have too much though eh...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Child Labour. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child Labour.   Child Labour. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Child Labour.
Page 1 of 1