Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mum of six: I will turn my kids into suicide bombers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Julz
Lifer
Lifer
Julz

Mum of six: I will turn my kids into suicide bombers Empty
PostSubject: Mum of six: I will turn my kids into suicide bombers   Mum of six: I will turn my kids into suicide bombers Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:36 pm

A MUM-OF-SIX vowed to make her children into suicide bombers.

Divorcee Houria Chahed Chentouf kept information about how to kill and maim in the name of Islam on a computer memory stick tied to her burkha.

She admitted at Manchester Crown Court to hoarding terrorist manuals - but detectives believe she may have been working for a terror cell in the region.

Chentouf, a Dutch citizen, was living with three of her children at Reynell Road in Longsight, when she was first stopped after stepping of an Easyjet flight from Amsterdam at Liverpool Airport. She was released on that occasion.

The M.E.N can also reveal that she was eventually arrested after a handwritten note was found at a Chentouf's address in Holland which suggested she planned to become a suicide bomber. It said: "Forgive me. Shall I give in to the rule of tyrants? Do you think that is something I would do? No, I would not, because I fear Allah. Myself and my children would seek revenge and we would be bombs for the sake of this religion."

Chentouf, 41, was convicted of possessing ducuments for terrorist purposes. She was sentenced to two years in jail - but immediately freed because she had spent more than a year on remand.

She is being kept in custody while arrangements are made for her deportation to Holland.

Det Chief Supt Tony Porter, of the North West Counter Terrorism Unit, last night told the M.E.N officers were probing the possibility she was acting as a courier for extremists plotting attacks in Britain.

He said the investigation into why exactly Chentouf came to Manchester was ongoing. He said: "It will continue to be our aim to fully understand what she intended to do with that material and who the intended recipients where.

"The impact of this information is impossible to determine. It may well be that lives have been saved."

The bulk of the 7,000 documents on the memory stick had been downloaded onto it two days before. The information illustrated instructions on making bombs from household ingredients, guides on kidnapping, suicide bombing, setting up terror cells, online magazines which promoted murder in the name of religion and 'motivational sermons' from extremist preachers.

Chentouf had the personal numbers of extremist clerics Omar Bakri Mohammed - who is banned from Britain - and Abu Izzadeen who has a conviction for inciting terrorism.

She had also posted on on the internet about the role of women in jihad and in support of terrorists who died seeking martyrdom. The court heard that Chentouf had been stopped under the Terrorism Act at Liverpool airport four months before she was eventually caught - but on that occasion her clothes were not examined.

On the next occasion when she was stopped the memory stick dropped to the ground as she pretended to scratch her leg. The police picked up the stick but let her go.

The following day she was arrested as they raided her home in Longsight.

Passing sentence Judge Henshell said: "You have developed an obsession with jihad."
Back to top Go down

Mum of six: I will turn my kids into suicide bombers
Page 1 of 1