Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Guns

Go down 
+4
Mrs-G
.tUrniP
Bee
Gaznandi
8 posters

Should guns be illegal to all members of the public?
Yes
Guns Vote_lcap50%Guns Vote_rcap
 50% [ 4 ]
No
Guns Vote_lcap50%Guns Vote_rcap
 50% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

Guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns   Guns Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 11:04 am

With all the horror stories that come out of America daily, definitely...

The only reason this country has so much knife crime is only because they cant get hold of guns as easily....

It'd be a bloodbath....
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

Guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns   Guns Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 11:07 am

The sole purpose of a gun is to kill ... I don't see any reason for hand held 'killing machines' in a civilized society.

its like handing someone a fishing rod but telling them not to fish with it ...
Back to top Go down
.tUrniP
Lifer
Lifer
.tUrniP

Guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns   Guns Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 1:15 pm

I havn't been in a while, but used to quite enjoy shooting.
For the most part, none of the licence holders that I either know, or have known - farmers/nsra/etc - would even consider harming another human being, let alone shoot them.

Of course, the same can't be said for all gun owners.
I've been threatened with all sorts and, when I was younger, shot with an air rifle.

Those that really wish to do harm usually do, and obtaining a gun really isn't that difficult.

Legality has little to do with it.

Should all guns be destroyed? Yes, on balance, I think they probably should, but the real problem would persist - Guns don't kill people, people kill people...
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

Guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns   Guns Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 2:22 pm

Quote :
For the most part, none of the licence holders that I either know, or
have known - farmers/nsra/etc - would even consider harming another
human being, let alone shoot them.

So guns were created for toffs leasure time and not for killing ... got it Guns 752815

Quote :
Of course, the same can't be said for all gun owners.
I've been threatened with all sorts and, when I was younger, shot with an air rifle.

You should count yourself very, VERY lucky then mate. Its a shame that 99.9% of REAL gun crime victims have never seen let alone thought about a real gun.

Quote :

Guns don't kill people, people kill people...

Ofcourse, but why the need to feed fuel to the fire?
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

Guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns   Guns Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 4:10 am

Yes registered gun owners are on the whole sensible but what happens when some of them have a nervous breakdown, it only takes a small push for one or two of them to go over the edge, go out on the rampage.

What about the poor kids that stumble upon them in the home and don't see the real danger of them then accidentally shoot themselves, their friends or siblings? A small child accidentally shot and killed his baby sister here in Stoke not so long back ...with an air riffle!

I don't know what the answer is here....we have used guns in wars for centuries, it is not possible to fight a war with your fists alone (although this might be a good idea)
I personally don't think guns in general society serve much purpose, they can be replaced with other less destructive methods, by this I mean the police force, hunting groups etc.

Guns on the streets are the norm now, a sad and frightening fact....

I still say bring back National Service, show these thugs what respect is all about!
Back to top Go down
https://maddogz.forumotion.co.uk
stranger
Lifer
Lifer
stranger

Guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns   Guns Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 12:53 pm

I voted yes it would be a disaster with the way things are nowadays guns are very Dangerous and should be kept well away.

another thing say a soldier just comes back from the war should he/she be allowed a gun in their home after seeing all the violence has me thinking now.

Last edited by stranger on Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
roland rat
Lifer
Lifer
roland rat

Guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns   Guns Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 1:10 pm

i voted yes guns should be illegal to all the general public,i hate them ,
only last year a friend of my 15 yearold son was shot dead in a gang related shooting ,
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

Guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns   Guns Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 1:39 pm

Honestly what on earth do yu need a gun for?
Back to top Go down
Randommemory
Lifer
Lifer
Randommemory

Guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns   Guns Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 3:04 pm

I voted no, guns should not be made illegal for the general public.

If it were possible to completely eliminate guns for the planet, I would have agreed. Unfortunately, once invented, something can not be uninvented.

It is already illegal to own a gun in many places in the world, and yet the criminals who decide they want one, still have one. Making laws has served absolutely no purpose on removing guns from someone who decides to commit a crime with one.

For example, roland rat, I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. It's a terrible thing. But a law stating that the gang member who shot him should not have a gun would not have helped. The gangs and criminals would all still have guns and shoot people with them. These types do not respect nor fear the laws as us law abiding citizens would.

The absolutely best option would be to enforce the current laws about committing any crime, especially murder, and actually punish those responsible for committing the crimes. Make the consequences severe enough that people would no longer choose to commit a crime because they'd fear them.
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

Guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns   Guns Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 4:10 pm

Good point Random, well put!

......but, In some state of America there is still the death penalty and massively long jail sentences for those who commit terrible crimes, does it deter people?

I'm not so sure it makes that much difference? If you are bad inside no-one rules over you, especially not the law.
Back to top Go down
https://maddogz.forumotion.co.uk
Randommemory
Lifer
Lifer
Randommemory

Guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns   Guns Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 5:05 pm

Exactly MT

Current laws don't deter anyone. So adding more laws won't either. And in our states that have the death penalty, no one is afraid of them because with all the appeals and everything, it's very very rare for it to ever actually happen.

But I would think that if someone knew for sure that if they committed murder that within, say, one month, they themselves would be murdered, it might help make them think twice.

And you are absolutely correct, someone bad in their core, won't care about any laws, morals, ect.
Back to top Go down
roland rat
Lifer
Lifer
roland rat

Guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns   Guns Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 11:14 am

here in the uk we have not historically had gun crime of anything noteworthy,
untill this last decade it appears we have imported it along with knife crime ,
yes we cant stop those that are intent on obtaining guns or knives and using them ,but if they were not available to start with and other countries stopped being wimps and outlawed them for all use by the public it stands to reason there would be less incidents .most of its down to social attitude by the populace of other countries by accepting the need for them ,well heres a shock in this day and age we don't need them the only reason you think you need them is to fuel your paranoiac fears that someone may have a bigger and better gun than you ,
imho there can be no justifiable argument for keeping guns in peace time,
i read something last year that stated that more American police officers are killed by their own guns than by the perps they are trying to arrest
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns   Guns Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guns
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Chat :: Discussion Room-
Jump to: