Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..

Go down 
+6
the brett
harrythedog
TK Trooper
Mrs-G
Bee
Gaznandi
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
stranger
Lifer
Lifer
stranger

The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 11:44 am

all be honest here m8 celtic arent doing to good just now think we need a new manager.
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:05 am

The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 A5ez9t
The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 20z1unq

Stoke fans are so fuckin fickle...!
Complaining like crazy on the forums when we're 9th in the league in only our second season and our form guide is, as you can see, pretty damned good...

My only little concern is our next match is Blackburn away, and take a look at their bloody home form.. shocked

Mind you, its gotta change sometime....
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:26 am

We played well away from home yesterday too, Dunn is on fire at the moment. Should make for an interesting game though Gaz.

Wigan are refunding the fans that went down to White Hart Lane yesterday, good of them.

Their chairman is a good'un though, ex Rovers player with a soft spot for the club ... so gives free pies to our away support every time we play there The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 14238
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:35 am

Bee wrote:
We played well away from home yesterday too, Dunn is on fire at the moment. Should make for an interesting game though Gaz.

Wigan are refunding the fans that went down to White Hart Lane yesterday, good of them.

Their chairman is a good'un though, ex Rovers player with a soft spot for the club ... so gives free pies to our away support every time we play there The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 14238

Well, looking at your 5 previous away results you were due one mate.... wink

I like Dunne, never fulfilled his potential for one so skilful though...

And yeah, good on Dave Whelan, he's a good lad, sacked Marlon Harewood and slags the team off when theyre shit, including individual players ( like his left back who got ass raped all afternoon by Lennon..)

He says its coming out of the players pockets too, which would be fully justified....
Back to top Go down
stranger
Lifer
Lifer
stranger

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 12:51 pm

for TW lol

The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 2z6cw78
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:07 am

Dead Man Walking for a long time, same as Keane,Brown,Mowbray and Benitez..
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:19 am

They do indeed....one of... wink
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:35 am

The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 Shit-fan
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 3:11 pm

Liverpool and Rangers say bye bye to the Champions League and hello to the mighty Europa Cup.........

EDIT- My mistake, Rangers say bye bye to all European competition....
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 5:22 am

Stoke boss Tony Pulis believes Matthew Etherington is a strong contender to force his way into England's World Cup squad.
Etherington has impressed for the Potters since joining from
West Ham in January, helping the club comfortably avoid the drop last
term.
The winger has been in fine form again this term with Stoke sitting comfortably in the top half of the Premier League table.
And Pulis believes a place in Fabio Capello's thoughts as he
moulds his final squad for the summer showpiece in South Africa
would
be fully deserved.
Pulis said: "I don't think it's too late for Matty and England, he has got to be looked at.
"He has been outstanding and on a different level to anything I've seen since he joined us in January.
"It's not for me to tell Capello what to do or what not to do.
"The only thing I will say is Etherington has been excellent."

Aiden McGeady has admitted he would not pay to watch Celtic at the moment.
The Republic of Ireland winger, a lifelong Hoops fans, does not
blame supporters for staying away from Parkhead while the team are
struggling for form.
He said: "The fans want to watch good football and, the way we've been playing, that's just not happening.
"They're entitled to do what they want and, if I was in the same boat, I think I'd be doing the same.
"We've been playing really poorly and just grinding out the odd
result but we're really struggling. There have been a couple of matches
where we've played okay but we've struggled in the last three or four.
"I don't know the reason for that. We've got the same players we've had for the past two or three years."
Celtic have made their worst start to a season for a decade, winning only two of their last 10 games.
But McGeady insists manager Tony Mowbray is not to blame for the
slump, saying: "Any talk of putting time on the manager's head is
unfair.
"It's all new to him because he's never been in charge of Celtic before.
"It's a big job and I think he's taken to it well.
"Things can improve and he has to be given time."

Lee McCulloch has accused Rangers team-mate
Madjid Bougherra of disrespecting everyone at Ibrox with his most
recent failure to return from international duty on time.
The Algeria defender did not report back to his club as
scheduled last Friday after helping his country qualify for the World
Cup with a play-off triumph over rivals Egypt.
It was not the first the former Charlton player has
transgressed in this manner and manager Walter Smith left him out of
the side which beat Kilmarnock 3-0 at Ibrox on Saturday.
Bougherra was left on the bench last night as Rangers had their
European hopes ended for the season with a 2-0 home defeat in their
Champions League clash with Stuttgart.
In the build-up to the match Light Blues' striker Kenny Miller
criticised Bougherra, saying: "If you are given a time to come back,
you come back. It's as simple as that."
McCulloch was thinking along the same lines as he spoke after
the defeat by the German side which left Rangers bottom of Group G with
two points from five games and without even the consolation of a Europa
League place.
"It's not really for me to say but if it is the third time that
it has happened, and I honestly don't know if it is, then it's not good
enough," the Ibrox utility player said
"He's got to show a bit of respect to his fellow players and
show a bit of respect to the management and bit of respect to the fans.
"He has just come off a great result and is on a high from the World Cup.
"I'm not making excuses for him but I think if that was any Scottish player then there would be serious repercussions.
"We need all our best players and Madjid is one of our best
players. We need everybody fighting the same corner and going in the
same direction.
"He is not a problem in the dressing room, he is a quality player and we want him back as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 9:18 am

The-Wall wrote:
pushmepullu wrote:
Liverpool and Rangers say bye bye to the Champions League and hello to the mighty Europa Cup.........

EDIT- My mistake, Rangers say bye bye to all European competition....

Your lucky your 250 miles away ya skinny streak of piss one more time! tongue

Ah, nice to see your taking it so well........ The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 275401
Back to top Go down
https://maddogz.forumotion.co.uk
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 9:22 am

A win tonight and we take our rightful place in the league ... above Burnley The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 705355
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 9:25 am

I see Clint Dempsey is saying your lot wont bully em and they have some lads who'll get stuck in....

Dirrty dirrty Fulham, who'd have thunk it.... The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 433649
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 9:28 am

Samba will eat him alive The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 798430
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 4:35 pm

After a 3-0 defeat i take it Samba wasn't peckish tonight mate.......
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 3:08 am

Yeah, he had to go and score twice after his comments didn't he ...

I couldn't find a decent stream but by all accounts on the radio, we were actually the better team.

Our away form is gonna put is in real trouble if we dont sort it out. Just a good job there are a lot more poorer teams in the league this season.
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 4:41 am

Rangers starlet Danny Wilson has shrugged off speculation linking him with a move away from Ibrox.
The 17-year-old has been earning rave reviews after recently
getting a run in the Rangers side due to the absence of Madjid
Bougherra.
A number of English Premier League sides, including Tottenham,
Arsenal and Manchester United, are thought to be monitoring Wilson's
progress and could move to lure him away from Glasgow.
However, the talented central defender insists he is not thinking of the rumours and is focused on doing his best for Rangers
"It's not anything I take great notice of," said Wilson "It has
nothing to do with me. I'm just young and trying to break in to the
team.
"Anything to do with me moving away is out the question. At the moment, I am just trying to do my best for Rangers."
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 4:45 am

Avram Grant is to be appointed as the new manager of Portsmouth, the club have confirmed.
The former Chelsea boss will succeed Paul Hart, who was sacked earlier this week.
Grant was the favourite for the position having returned to Pompey as director of football in October.
Back to top Go down
stranger
Lifer
Lifer
stranger

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 9:21 am

both celtic and rangers are playing shit just now they wonder why they dident put us in the new league they were going on about.
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 2:45 am

Mark Lawrensons prediction:

Blackburn v Stoke
1-1

"This is probably a game where the ball will get stretchered off.

The aerial route will no doubt be examined and if I were a low-flying object, I'd probably stay away from Blackburn. "

lol!
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 3:10 am

Hahaha ... class! The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 910264

Lets hope we surprise them all and have a 4-3 thriller ... to us ofcourse The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 878796
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 3:20 am

Rangers are yet to attract any real interest, since majority shareholder Sir David Murray put the club up for sale.

Murray, who also stepped down as chairman, put the club up for sale earlier this year.

But the Glasgow giants, who have debts believed to be around £30million, are yet to attract any major interest.

Speculation has abounded in recent months with regards potential investors but, asked if there had been any expressions of interest, Murray told The Scotsman: "No - none," adding that there was "no substance" to such talk.

He also dismissed rumours that the club's bankers Lloyds were effectively running the club, saying: "We are hoping to go into break-even and make a small profit.

"It's not going to be a lot, but there will be no further losses.

"I've made it quite clear that with the banking facility the club would have to work within its financial means.

"When the speculation got mischievous was when people started talking about mysterious Florida millionaires.It was unbelievable.

"For the record, I will repeat that I am totally prepared to sell the club.

"Price is important but it is not the most important factor, as long as you hand it over in the best interests of the football club.

"Before I stepped down I made it clear we will not sell any of our prime assets while we are fighting for the league.

"Rangers is no different from any other business. Lloyds has given us a facility and we are no different from a household or a business. The club must work within that.

"If people don't like that, well, they are not living in the real world.

"I think you will find that every other football club has gone the same way."
Back to top Go down
stranger
Lifer
Lifer
stranger

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 11:56 am

Aberdeen 1-0 rangers
Celtic 3-1 St mirren

celtic 2 points in front for now, rangers have game in hand not a good week for rangers The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 275401
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 4:17 pm

Jimmy Bullards celebration ... gets the thumbs up from me The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 14238
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 4:01 am

Good game yesterday Bee 0-0 draw but it looked a pretty tasty match, at one point I thought you were going to get it in the bag but we managed to hold you off......looking forward to the return match in Feb! thumbs up
Back to top Go down
https://maddogz.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..
Page 11 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 33  Next