Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..

Go down 
+6
the brett
harrythedog
TK Trooper
Mrs-G
Bee
Gaznandi
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:19 am

Dont matter who's rules they are cuz if they do it for Portsmouth they set a precedent where any other club can get in a financial trouble and do exactly the same, so players could be sold by the troubled club and bought by other clubs, thus ending the notion of a transfer window....

I think.... The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 23 151682
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:09 pm

Is that right TW..?

Is the SPL losing one of the 2 Champions League spots to the Belgium league..?
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:40 pm

Is that a yes then i take it..?

Blimey, ask an innocent question.......

lmao
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:50 pm

Kris Boyd has revealed his decision to sign a new contract with Rangers will be heavily influenced by whether manager Walter Smith has a future at the club.

The striker is out of contract at the end of the season and has yet to agree a new deal, with a number of clubs south of the border reportedly interested in a possible summer swoop.

With 22 goals already this season, the Clydesdale Bank Premier League's record-breaking scorer has once again demonstrated his importance to the cause and the Scottish champions have made no secret of their desire to retain his services.

However, a question mark also hangs over Smith's future at Ibrox, with the Rangers boss and his backroom staff working without contracts since January in a bid to ease the club's financial worries.

Asked whether Smith remaining at Rangers would affect his own decision to sign a new deal, Boyd admitted: "It would have a big influence in it.

"I've said before that he is a manager I wanted to play under and a manager who has shown faith in me.

"I would like to keep paying him back for showing that faith in me by scoring goals every week.

"We've had our fall-outs and disagreements along the way but that's part and parcel of football.

"He has given me the chance to play at the level I am and, if he was here, I would be delighted with that.

"When you see the job he has done with the finances the way they are just now, I think it's a credit to him."

But the 26-year-old was reluctant to discuss his ongoing contract talks, adding: "There is a big game against St Johnstone tomorrow and that's the most important thing for me.

"I said weeks ago that my contract would be sorted whenever it is.

"The most important thing right now is to go to Perth and get the three points against St Johnstone."

Boyd is back on the goal trail after spending four weeks on the sidelines recovering from a double hernia operation.

He grabbed the winner against St Mirren in Wednesday's Active Nation Scottish Cup replay but claims he still has a long way to go before being back to his best.

"I think before I got injured I was in a rich vein of form and I've not got back to anywhere near that," said Boyd.

"The goals have still been coming but hopefully in the next few weeks I can get my fitness back up to where it was before the operation.

"And hopefully I can keep the run going in front of goal.
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:53 pm

Dunno mate, i just saw the rumour on The oatcake so thought i'd get the first hand view... wink
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce will send out his players against former club Bolton on Sunday with the message: "Win it for me."

It is approaching two years since Allardyce left Bolton after seven and a half in charge, and although water has since flowed under the bridge, the desire still burns to put one over on the Trotters.

Allardyce has enjoyed two wins and a draw in the three games he has been at the helm of other clubs against Bolton, initially starting out with a victory in his first game as Newcastle boss.

After joining Blackburn there followed a 2-2 draw last season, and then a 2-0 triumph at the Reebok Stadium earlier this season.

However, that was overshadowed by the fact he was not present that day after being taken into hospital 24 hours previously to undergo heart surgery.

There is no doubt, though, with Allardyce patrolling the Ewood Park touchline this weekend when Bolton visit, he is looking to complete the double.

"For me, it's an absolute necessity the players go out there and win it for me," insisted Allardyce.

"Of course, they want to win it for themselves, but if they can do a bit extra and win it for me then it'd be a great pleasure for me.

"Anybody and everybody who plays or manages against their old club, you want to beat them. You don't want to be the one with egg on your face.

"So I'm looking forward to my old club coming here, and my team going out and showing the Bolton fans all what they are missing.

"If we win, it would be a very important victory, a very important three points to help us close in on safety, and then we can see how far we can go on in the Premier League.

"If we do win it would also put 11 points between ourselves and Bolton who are in the bottom three, which would be a massive gap with so few games left.

"But we can't take anything for granted, even though we've a fantastic home record and Bolton's away record is not so good.

"It's a local derby and anything could happen on the day."

Blackburn are currently eight points above the relegation zone and nine points shy of the fabled 40-point safety mark.

Allardyce's side are aiming for a fourth consecutive home victory in the league, in contrast to a Bolton team who have not won away since the end of September and have scored just once in their last five games.

Allardyce, though, knows the respective form of both clubs means nothing, adding: "At home, we've done exceptionally well this season, following on from last season when I joined the club.

"It's been a great fortress, which is down to everybody pulling together.

"Right now Bolton's need is arguably greater than ours, but we're in a better phase of form.

"I remember, though, playing them last year when they were again struggling to score goals.

"We found ourselves 2-0 down in the first 20 minutes or so before we came storming back in the second half.

"But if we can win four home games on the trot it would be a tremendous feat, especially at this time when it is important to grow and push up the league."

Allardyce's only absentee is defender Chris Samba who completes a two-match ban as midfielders David Dunn and Vince Grella appear set to return from calf and thigh injuries respectively

Fukin egomaniac...
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:02 pm

I'll sue...

The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 23 Slander
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 2:42 am

The-Wall wrote:
Cash-strapped Portsmouth are understood to have asked the Premier
League for permission to sell players outside the transfer window.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8522283.stm

A Premier League statement read: "The Premier League board can confirm they have been actively considering a request from Portsmouth to transfer players outside of the Transfer Window.

"We are grateful for positive assistance from FIFA and the FA but, having given the matter further consideration and taking into account all factors, the Premier League board have decided that this would not be an appropriate course of action at this time."
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 7:10 am

Quote :
Following Tottenham Hotspur’s draw with Bolton Wanderers in the FA
Cup on Sunday, one bloke ran the BBC Radio 5 Live's 606 hotlines
furious with indignation. The people of Bolton, he farted through his
teeth, didn’t deserve to have a football club.
Why not, you may
ask. Was it because everyone in the crowd was singing how much they
hated football and wished their town had never had the game thrust upon
them?
Was it because many in the crowd were brandishing placards
which read ‘Death To Footballers’ and nooses with effigies of Nat
Lofthouse hanging limply within?
Was it because they are northerners and thus, as all southerners suspect, they just can’t be trusted.No, the reason the people of Bolton don’t deserve their team is
because the ground for this FA Cup 5th Round tie wasn’t full. Despite
the tickets for the game being only £15, less than half of the seats
inside the Reebok Stadium were occupied.
So that’s it, off with their team.Me,
I’m a bit sick and tired of people having a pop at clubs – usually
northern clubs – who play in grounds that usually aren’t full.
The
three most often mentioned are Bolton Wanderers, Wigan Athletic and
Blackburn Rovers. All three teams play in the North West, surely the
world’s most congested footballing region.
Manchester United and
Manchester City join them in that region, as do Burnley, Preston North
End, Blackpool, Oldham Athletic, Bury, Stockport County… no end of
clubs battling for fans in an area that has less than half the
population of London.
Millwall, Charlton Athletic, Crystal
Palace, QPR and Brentford all have plenty of empty seats at their
games. No one seems to mind that.
Even Tottenham occasionally have good seats still available come kick off time.Give Bolton and other clubs a break. It’s not the end of the world if your club doesn’t play to a full house.
By Ian Winwood of Mirror Football ... I like this guy, he talks sense The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 23 752815
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 2:23 pm

We are now officially the only unbeaten Premier League team in all competitions in 2010.....

And considering what everyone thinks of us that takes some credit i think....
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 4:57 pm

Lineker just mentioned the above fact on MOTD....

With a heavy hint of irony...

The big eared, crisp eating, goal hanging, cant play cuz i have a poorly toe, money grabbing, mrs cheating, fuckhead....

Hansen reckons we'll do the Arse at our place, and so do i as we've done em the last twice, Wenger is already mentioning us..he's nervous is Frenchie... The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 23 878796
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 4:21 am

The Sun's lazy journalism..AGAIN!

"Pompey's hopes of getting back into the lead were given a boost when Stoke had
Wilkinson dismissed for a second yellow card.

The right-back scythed down Dindane on the left side of the box after 68
minutes, and a similarly bad tackle on the Ivorian international five
minutes later saw referee Mike Dean send Wilkinson down the tunnel. "

No he feckin wasn't, it was for 2 shirt tugging/blocking manouvres...

At least get certain facts apart from the score right if you aint actually seen the match... The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 23 464601

Read more:
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 6:41 am

West Ham

Sunderland

Wigan

Wolverhampton

Hull

Bolton

Burnley

Portsmouth

So now Blackburn have done Bolton and moved on 34 points, equal with our good selves, which 3 are going folks....well, which 2 actually cuz Pompey are doomed in more ways than one..
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 6:42 am

I think how it is now ... shame to loose both our rivals though but ...
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 6:55 am

I'd replace Hull with Bolton meself.....they are on a shite run and to get dicked 3-0 by a struggling hammers team dont bode well...

Actually, i'd like go back and see who we picked at the start of the season...
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:46 am

The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 23 Mrburns_excellent1

We stuff the Notlob's 3-0 and the Dingles are getting stuffed 5-1.

If Carlsberg did Sunday football The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 23 106157
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:58 am

The Owen Coyle Rap