Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Rose and Crown

Go down 
+11
CSIWEMBLEY
TK Trooper
hellblaster5
roland rat
harrythedog
nolvorite
stranger
Rick78
Mrs-G
Bee
Gaznandi
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 3:14 pm

Did I miss a rule on posting in the forum?

Sooo! To set me right we can banter n muck about here in this thread only. Other topics keep on track only with what is relevant there. As in serious in serious, arty in arty, and interrogating in questions?
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 3:18 pm

Nope, not at all mate...but when it gets off on way to many tangents it just all looks untidy, so needs a clean... wink
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 3:22 pm

Gaznandi wrote:
Nope, not at all mate...but when it gets off on way to many tangents it just all looks untidy, so needs a clean... wink
Forum police just as boring as spelling bees.

Point taken, will be boring and keep on track and keep my mischievious antics elsewhere.The Rose and Crown - Page 17 652196
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 3:25 pm

Taint you anyway duck... wink
Back to top Go down
Rick78
Lifer
Lifer
Rick78

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 3:48 pm

well im gona have a beer again The Rose and Crown - Page 17 752815

Last edited by Rick78 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rick78
Lifer
Lifer
Rick78

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 3:54 pm

getting there m8

just keeping out of the banter cant be arsed with it

edit: ohh the cars sorted must have been some shit in the petrol phew also i hate bloody bidding on fark bay im watching the time counter go down just for someone to out bid me in the last 10 secs The Rose and Crown - Page 17 798972
Back to top Go down
Rick78
Lifer
Lifer
Rick78

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 4:28 pm

30 mins to go then its mine or

edit: great stuff got it Happy Days
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:45 am

Morning troops!

What did you win Rick?

......got shopping to do today, bills to pay and the like, looks sunny again maybe the better weather has finally arrived. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
https://maddogz.forumotion.co.uk
Julz
Lifer
Lifer
Julz

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:51 am

Morning......your ears ok?? lol!

Not so nice here.....dull and cold and I'm so so tired goodnight
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:55 am

lol! Ears are fine, it's been ages since we chatted for that long, normally TW whinges before then, looking forward to our catch up......you'll soon be here dancer

I'm tired too and only just got up shhh
Back to top Go down
Julz
Lifer
Lifer
Julz

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:00 am

Lazy sod tongue

Thinking of moving to the sofa for a lie down....it's looking very alluring off to bed
Back to top Go down
harrythedog
Lifer
Lifer
harrythedog

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:27 am

morning
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:37 am

The-Wall wrote:
Gris Gris wrote:

Sooo! To set me right we can banter n muck about here in this thread only. Other topics keep on track only with what is relevant there. As in serious in serious, arty in arty, and interrogating in questions?

Oh is someone getting on their high horse lol!

Ok I'm not a mod but I'll answer this for ya....

People start posting shit all over the forum its going to look a mess and very unprofessional.

If people were allowed to post whatever they want anywhere the forum would be as well only having one thread.....you get what I mean? thumbs up

Threads are normally made and based on a certain topic, so to start drifting off that topic and having general chat is defeating the whole point of the thread.

This is only my opinion, I'm sure Gaz and Andi may have a different one.

Don't make me angry, you won't like me when I'm angry. Aside from a green complexion, the ripped clothing is not a flattering image and one not easily removed from the mind.

Anyway's posting pics of birds etc etc etc is on topic is it? me thinks not. The Rose and Crown - Page 17 652196

I guess a decision is to be made on how much moderatiosn is to go on in here then. Light or policed? Which means the greenmeanies need to help Gaz out more.The Rose and Crown - Page 17 878796

To add my tuppence worth, off topic comments often add more fun and keep the chat flowing. Nobody is ever going to agree onthe best way to post on forums. I prefer less rules and have a relaxing laugh while confusing the hell outa everybody, than strictly on topic commentary only. This is not a professional site, its a fun chat forum to be with some fruitloops, nice bunch of people and a couple of cranky men, you're included in the latter group by your own admission. The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Lol
As for my high horses. Not on it. I use bigger words when I am. The Rose and Crown - Page 17 219435

As for CSI, I like him, he's fun and engaging and in his manic madness there are things you learn, aside from he is a fruit n nut case. The Rose and Crown - Page 17 762888

Last edited by Gris Gris on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harrythedog
Lifer
Lifer
harrythedog

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:40 am

here here...and while we are on the topic of bananas being extortionately over priced in outer mongolia...... The Rose and Crown - Page 17 752815
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:47 am

harrythedog wrote:
here here...and while we are on the topic of bananas being extortionately over priced in outer mongolia...... The Rose and Crown - Page 17 752815
Really! They have banana's too. Small world you'd never have thought that banana's had invaded so far. The Rose and Crown - Page 17 344823 Banana invasion The Rose and Crown - Page 17 344823 The Rose and Crown - Page 17 314929
Back to top Go down
harrythedog
Lifer
Lifer
harrythedog

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:55 am

its bloody dire i tell thee...

and they been using pineapples for bombs The Rose and Crown - Page 17 433649
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:25 am

Gris Gris wrote:
The-Wall wrote:
Gris Gris wrote:

Oh is someone getting on their high horse lol!

Ok I'm not a mod but I'll answer this for ya....

People start posting shit all over the forum its going to look a mess and very unprofessional.

If people were allowed to post whatever they want anywhere the forum would be as well only having one thread.....you get what I mean? thumbs up

Threads are normally made and based on a certain topic, so to start drifting off that topic and having general chat is defeating the whole point of the thread.

This is only my opinion, I'm sure Gaz and Andi may have a different one.

Don't make me angry, you won't like me when I'm angry. Aside from a green complexion, the ripped clothing is not a flattering image and one not easily removed from the mind.

Anyway's posting pics of birds etc etc etc is on topic is it? me thinks not. The Rose and Crown - Page 17 652196

I guess a decision is to be made on how much moderatiosn is to go on in here then. Light or policed? Which means the greenmeanies need to help Gaz out more.The Rose and Crown - Page 17 878796

To add my tuppence worth, off topic comments often add more fun and keep the chat flowing. Nobody is ever going to agree onthe best way to post on forums. I prefer less rules and have a relaxing laugh while confusing the hell outa everybody, than strictly on topic commentary only. This is not a professional site, its a fun chat forum to be with some fruitloops, nice bunch of people and a couple of cranky men, you're included in the latter group by your own admission. The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Lol
As for my high horses. Not on it. I use bigger words when I am. The Rose and Crown - Page 17 219435

As for CSI, I like him, he's fun and engaging and in his manic madness there are things you learn, aside from he is a fruit n nut case. The Rose and Crown - Page 17 762888

Ah, i'm all for lightest moderation there is, Ninja mods you might say....i fuckin hate mods in all honesty and their poxy rules so thats really why this place was set up....

But it just looks bloody orrible to have every single thread that someones posting in to be off topic, dontcha think..? (and that includes anybody who does it, not just CSI..)

If you remember rightly duck you asked for him to sod off out of the sig battle thread you'd opened, and rightly so, so would it be fair to allow it to happen in every other thread..?

Everyone on here goes off topic now and again and its fine, but to do it on every post in every thread is a bit of a pain, imho anyway...it just looks messy and, well frankly, baffling...

Dont get me wrong, i hope he stays around and carries on posting, but either rein it in a tad or maybe even open a couple of his own threads where he can go off to la la land all he likes...

I personally wont discourage anyone from posting anything they want, it just means i have to tidy it up is all, there is meant be a few of us but the others are like the Scarlet Pimpernel Triplets........wink
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:05 pm

By christ folk must be either busy tonight or theres loads on the tele.....
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:43 pm

Nets quiet, Teles quiet, News is quiet...

Maybe its just the lull before the storm.....

I live in hope...
Back to top Go down
roland rat
Lifer
Lifer
roland rat

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:53 pm

ha ha back off the picket line im modding kat then they promote this one post member to moderator so i delete a thousand or so torrents maybe less or more i was angry
i think im banned
kat sucks m8
i tried and put loads of hours in fuck em they are lucky i did not close the site
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:54 pm

Ah KAT, i'd forgot about that place....it was never for me mate, thought they were a bunch of tools tbh...
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:18 pm

Gaznandi wrote:

Ah, I'm all for lightest moderation there is, Ninja mods you might say....i fuckin hate mods in all honesty and their poxy rules so thats really why this place was set up....

But it just looks bloody orrible to have every single thread that someones posting in to be off topic, dontcha think..? (and that includes anybody who does it, not just CSI..)

If you remember rightly duck you asked for him to sod off out of the sig battle thread you'd opened, and rightly so, so would it be fair to allow it to happen in every other thread..?

Everyone on here goes off topic now and again and its fine, but to do it on every post in every thread is a bit of a pain, imho anyway...it just looks messy and, well frankly, baffling...

Dont get me wrong, i hope he stays around and carries on posting, but either rein it in a tad or maybe even open a couple of his own threads where he can go off to la la land all he likes...

I personally wont discourage anyone from posting anything they want, it just means i have to tidy it up is all, there is meant be a few of us but the others are like the Scarlet Pimpernel Triplets........wink

Ahh ha! But, I said sod off to CSI in humour, he actually didn't bother me at all. So there lies the difference. I can tell you to bog off out of this thread, it don't mean you've got to mod yourself out now does it.

Now if I pm'd you and said. Dearest gazipoos, would you mind just erasing csi off my artyfarty thread, cheers old beans and toodles Gris gris.

or

wrote. MODS ADMIN NINJA MODS WITH UBER POWERS, kick this annoying freak of humanity outa my thread; or else I shall throw all my toys out of the pram and set fire to your knickers as well if you don't.

The latter 2 are a direct appeal for aid, the first nothing more than a humorous interjection with CSI. I am one of those I let it be, I step in when asked to or I ask for somebody to step in and I do it publicly and openly.

On the subject of off topic, you are just as guilty as me for instances like that. The Rose and Crown - Page 17 878796 Most times they do open up other avenues of conversations and keep the topic alive.

In all fairness it can be off putting, but this forum is not high volume enough for any of it to make it messy.

How many dead topics have we to active. Guilty as charged I don't frequent here as much as some, but today topics were active out of the entire forum. This being one, interrogating the miserable TW The Rose and Crown - Page 17 752815 . I logged out and in again and 2. Even when I was away for sometime there isn't that much activity.

Half the discussions, unless I'm a thread killer, The Rose and Crown - Page 17 778811 Nobody bothers to join in or add things. One topic is used mainly, this one. A bane of many sites. I used and thousand dead topics. What you going to do, wipe the dead ones off? As some site consider a topic that is dead should stay so and some posters will equally think the same and create hell if one pops up even if its worth replying to. People are different and all have quirks. I loon about, you glare from up on your throne, CSI hits the forum typing and jets all over the show. Not one of us is perfect, different sites, different acceptances, differing points of view.

This is not mini, and thank heavens it isn't, I agree ith you it went from ok to who let the KGB in. There were a few good people over there and then the rot spread and it sank under the weight of pus. With whines and over moderation and keep to the subject old bean or else a damn good whipping what what. I like you kiss my asss, I don't you're out kick your ass. Here, its fun, a give as good as you get, Gaz The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Lol , place. You will have to decide and make it known, keep in topic or not. TW likes it on topic and neat and tidy Sur! I like loose n happy n let it flow. As you said one rule applies to all or no rules, which I understand.

As for baffling and CSI, I think that is his middle name, The Rose and Crown - Page 17 747403 and there is method to his posts. Might be I'm more in key with that kind of thing as I've seen more than my fair share of such posters over the years. That or I am completely barking mad and have lost my marbles completely. The Rose and Crown - Page 17 593882 The Rose and Crown - Page 17 481614

If you apply the rule to CSi and me I was just as guilty, but it was soooooooooo fun your honor! Then it has to be applied to everybody and every thread regardless of whom or what uber power ninjas they are. It is only fair but a lot of hard work and one big can of worms is open.
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:22 pm

harrythedog wrote:
its bloody dire i tell thee...

and they been using pineapples for bombs The Rose and Crown - Page 17 433649
Oh hell then we are doomed, DOOOOOMED! The Rose and Crown - Page 17 344823

I shall retire and live under a toadstool and call myself Daphne Thunderdownunder and wear a Kaftan until a cure for common sense has been found.

I shall be in one's toadstool smoking me peas pipe!
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:49 pm

lol!

I've not actually spoken of the matter yet.......

I've asked the mods to keep an eye out for bits and pieces, just gentle house keeping, I won't tolerate heavy handed modding........My biggest gripe is having mods that do naff all so I've had a word. I don't want this to be about CSI, it was nice of the fella to join and make a contribution, I don't want to scare him off again now. Yes he's quirky and goes off on tangents but aren't we all a bit odd?

On the subject of going off topic......it's fine to veer off a little so long as it has some relevance somewhere, we've been doing it for the past 7 months already, if a post has no direct connection it can be removed, for example we are discussing drinking habits and someone out of the blue says "My dog went to the vet today" then surely we'd all think "what?" .....now if someone were to say "we were at a party and I drank Whiskey as a kid and puked" and the conversation rolls over to other stories of parties and drinking games etc then it's still within the boundaries.

MadDogz is known for it's low moderation, we all agree that's how we like it so I don't see the problem, CSI being new to the place obviously has to get used to us and how the forum works as do any new members and as he's head mod over at H33t he will hopefully appreciate that too.

As for the mods situation, I'm still pondering on that one.

cool
Back to top Go down
Rick78
Lifer
Lifer
Rick78

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:52 pm

shit im gona get a ban im the bloody worst for typing random shit j/k

The Rose and Crown - Page 17 344823
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rose and Crown
Page 17 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 36  Next