Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Rose and Crown

Go down 
+9
harrythedog
Julz
hellblaster5
Bee
stranger
Gaznandi
roland rat
Rick78
Mrs-G
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
roland rat
Lifer
Lifer
roland rat

The Rose and Crown - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 12:21 pm

i dont want to rub it in but my c/heating is pretty good ,
i live in a house built 20 years ago and its small and ,dare i say it ,,warm ,
and cheap.
but saying that i have lived in the older houses and the best thing i found to warm them up was a good old fashioned coal fire.
it seemed to heat the walls as well as the room ,really cosy
Back to top Go down
stranger
Lifer
Lifer
stranger

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 12:36 pm

yeah pete I'm actually better on electricity than gas bloody weird think I'm going to need to bleed my radiators.
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 12:37 pm

Since we had our kitchen refurbished it's as bloody icy as the freezer! Gaz is cooking spuds so at the minute it's warm and toasty but dripping wet.

Bee, we are with Southern electric, I contacted them months ago and they put me on to their Energy Plus Care system, all I had to do was send proof of benefits and they sent out new meter keys, 30% cheaper gas and electricity and by god can you tell the difference...............£10 a fortnight gas and £20 a fortnight Electricity. Obviously I'm using a bit more during this really cold snap but it's not killing us. Most companies now do a low income reduction, it's worth checking out! thumbs up

http://www.housing.org.uk/default.aspx?tabid=1015
Back to top Go down
https://maddogz.forumotion.co.uk
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 12:46 pm

Quote :
£10 a fortnight gas and £20 a fortnight Electricity.

We spend nearly 3 times that a WEEK on Gas at the moment, and its rare we have the central heating on, just 2 fires and hot water. (Found it cheaper to have electric heaters in the bedrooms).

I'm gonna check that out cheers, never heard 'Southern Electric' banded around here (maybe because we aint Southern? :P )

The other must run the same scheme though ...
Back to top Go down
roland rat
Lifer
Lifer
roland rat

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 12:57 pm

its about time companies took notice of the fact that people on benefits cannot set up direct debits ,in fact it would be crazy if they did ,
the post office it attempting to get their system updated so direct debits can be set up but as a basic account ,nothing goes out unless its in the account so no overdraft bills

if your flat/house is really cold get in touch with your council or home front [i think] as your homes have to have a certain u value as decided by the eu,the councils had a set date to get all homes to the set specification ,and i think that date has passed ,im not sure what the u value should be but the lower the value the warmer your home should be ,and thats not just one room its the whole home
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 1:05 pm

roland rat wrote:
its about time companies took notice of the fact that people on benefits cannot set up direct debits

Its fuckin' hard mate, hard ...

I have to pay my bills with milk tokens, scrap metal and pop bottle lids that the others can't be arsed taking back to the shop The Rose and Crown - Page 6 531993
Back to top Go down
stranger
Lifer
Lifer
stranger

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 1:17 pm

thing is I'm in a privet let and every time I go on the phone to my landlord he says that he will send some one out to have a look at the pipes etc. but he never does bother his arse. so one day when my heating cut out something to do with the gas box, I phoned him up and said if he dident get any one out in the next 5 hours I will phone the gas company and send the bill to him sure enough he sent some one out his idiot brother. thinking of moving out of this flat any how sooner I know what is going to happen full time with the courts sooner I can start making changes.
Back to top Go down
hellblaster5
Lifer
Lifer

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 2:17 pm

hey all
hows it going?
Back to top Go down
Rick78
Lifer
Lifer
Rick78

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:19 am

Morning all snowing here again just waiting to see if the school is gona be closed again and as for the gas and electric im dreading my bill we have used it more than ever before..

hope ya get things sorted stranger m8 you landlord sounds like a t*at

Well the school is closed again the car can hardly get down our street.... not good The Rose and Crown - Page 6 344823
Back to top Go down
Julz
Lifer
Lifer
Julz

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 2:42 am

Talking about heating bills.....it's -10 out and my twit of a husband still has the fan on all night to cool him down....thinking of building him an igloo hit
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:09 am

Morning all...................Snow's not lasted around these parts just a few patches,

You forgot to tell them about the bedroom window open all year too Julz.

Warm Front will come and fit insulation to old properties, sometimes they can organise boilers and windows with permission of the landlords, you can also get loft and cavity insulation. the other company is called Warm Zone (our daughters used to work for them) they do some of the stuff too and can provide you with energy efficiency advice and energy saving light bulbs etc.

http://www.warmfront.co.uk/

http://www.warmzones.co.uk/about_us.html
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 5:22 am

You want to see the size of the snowman our neighbour has just built ...

Me an our Meg are off to knock it over and build our own mega-frosty.

Pictures to come The Rose and Crown - Page 6 752815
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 7:10 am

Bollox, the snow wasn't stickin' ...

Spent the last hour rolling a snowball the size of an apple The Rose and Crown - Page 6 10380

Sledging down the middle of the road on bin bags is fun though The Rose and Crown - Page 6 752815
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:05 am

Really cant be arsed today folks........you know when you get that 'Kevin the teenager' mood come over you........need to get motivated...

The Rose and Crown - Page 6 Exercise-7373
Back to top Go down
stranger
Lifer
Lifer
stranger

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:06 pm

yeah bee tried to make a snow man with the kid today but it was just crumbling up.
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:39 pm

Just watched the local news ... some clever bugger built a snowman taller than their house. Smart it was ...

Cheer up Gaz The Rose and Crown - Page 6 752815

You know, the way the news and everyone reacts to the snow fuckin' amazes me.

Everyone starts freaking out like they've never seen it before ...

It used snow all the time when I were a lad ... up to me hips it was.
Either the snow isn't as deep nowadays or I was alot shorter back then.
Back to top Go down
roland rat
Lifer
Lifer
roland rat

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:42 pm

Mrs-G wrote:
Morning all...................Snow's not lasted around these parts just a few patches,

You forgot to tell them about the bedroom window open all year too Julz.

Warm Front will come and fit insulation to old properties, sometimes they can organise boilers and windows with permission of the landlords, you can also get loft and cavity insulation. the other company is called Warm Zone (our daughters used to work for them) they do some of the stuff too and can provide you with energy efficiency advice and energy saving light bulbs etc.

http://www.warmfront.co.uk/

http://www.warmzones.co.uk/about_us.html

thats who i meant not home front
warm front
ffs

get ready for another cwp they have forecast a trigger for next week and unless it rises to 30 degrees you have just got another £25.00
Back to top Go down
roland rat
Lifer
Lifer
roland rat

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:58 pm

jeez i should not go to the pub straight after work im done in lol
cheers
Back to top Go down
stranger
Lifer
Lifer
stranger

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 2:02 pm

hey pete should I not be getting a cwp payment me having the kid staying with me haven't seen any it go in my bank yet.
Back to top Go down
stranger
Lifer
Lifer
stranger

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 2:16 pm

roland rat wrote:
jeez i should not go to the pub straight after work im done in lol
cheers

ah you deserve it m8 lol
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:24 pm

Translation of 12 months in Estonian......?

"cok tastes good"

love
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:25 pm

Rude Tube The Rose and Crown - Page 6 50123
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:34 pm

Course, its all thats on mate...i plagiarise everyone... yes
Back to top Go down
Rick78
Lifer
Lifer
Rick78

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 1:12 am

morning all

yet another day of school closures we got to -15 last night brrrrrrrrrr
gota go out but i dont think im gona bother

any how hope ya all well and keeping warm The Rose and Crown - Page 6 85613
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 1:14 am

Morning chaps.........off to a funeral this morning out in the sticks, it's going to be bloody freezing! freezing

Gaz just tried his black shoes out on the ice and he could well end up in the hole scared

I won't laugh much honest! funny

Morning Rick, ours have been in all week, doing well so far. yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rose and Crown   The Rose and Crown - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rose and Crown
Page 6 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 37  Next