Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What steps should you be allowed to go to to protect your own home and family?

Go down 
+5
Spellarella
roland rat
Mrs-G
Bee
Gaznandi
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

What steps should you be allowed to go to to protect your own home and family? Empty
PostSubject: What steps should you be allowed to go to to protect your own home and family?   What steps should you be allowed to go to to protect your own home and family? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 2:25 am

We've all heard the stories of people being arrested for hurting burglars or likewise, there was one recently of a man and his brothers battering one with a cricket bat who had broken into his home and tied his family up, and one today of Mylene Klass being warned by police for simply waving a knife at teenagers who'd got into her garden, she was inside her house at the time and the knife was waved behind a closed window no less, but the police said a knife is an offensive weapon even inside your own home..
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

What steps should you be allowed to go to to protect your own home and family? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What steps should you be allowed to go to to protect your own home and family?   What steps should you be allowed to go to to protect your own home and family? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 6:23 am

It's crazy, PC gone mad.

We were actually talking about this the other day. A couple of kids (probably about 14 or 15) kicked over the snowman we had just built.
I saw them do it, ran out the door effing and blinding and chased them up the street ... no idea what I would have done if I caught up with them. Probably gripped them by the coats and told them what I thought.

But Jen rightly said to me after ... 'You just can't do things like that anymore'.

I dunno, it seems the complete end of the scale from the American thinking. Not sure if they take it too far or not?
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: What steps should you be allowed to go to to protect your own home and family?   What steps should you be allowed to go to to protect your own home and family? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 6:29 am

Bee wrote:

I dunno, it seems the complete end of the scale from the American thinking. Not sure if they take it too far or not?

ah, the old, you kick my snowman over, i sort you out with me Magnum punk.......
What steps should you be allowed to go to to protect your own home and family? Dirty-Harry
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

PostSubject: Re: What steps should you be allowed to go to to protect your own home and family?   What steps should you be allowed to go to to protect your own home and family? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 6:34 am

Nah, just using that as an example.

It would have been like 'Oh, I wasn't expecting to catch up with you - now what do I do?'

Cos you're pretty limited to what you can and can't say/do to other people.

Remember the scene from Only Fools and Horses were Rodney chases the mugger? He chases, chases, chases then traps the mugger in a dead end.

The look at each other, Rodders is like wtf do i do know? The mugger ends up chasing Rodney back the way they came LOL
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

PostSubject: Re: What steps should you be allowed to go to to protect your own home and family?   What steps should you be allowed to go to to protect your own home and family? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 6:36 am

I need to get me one of these ...