Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..

Go down 
+6
the brett
harrythedog
TK Trooper
Mrs-G
Bee
Gaznandi
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 10:11 am

Good for the goal diff should it come to it mate.. wink
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 3:03 pm

Gaznandi wrote:

Its looking ominous for Mark Hughes....theres a statement at 7.30pm from Man City and Roberto Mancini has been seen around the stadium today and the bookies have dropped him to 1-6 to replace Hughes........

Hughes sacked, Mancini takes over....... wink

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_5785203,00.html
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 3:41 am

Oh, fukin tremendous.......just realised, guess who we are playing next..!

We played Castle when Keegan came back, Blackburn when Sam took over and now it'll be Citeh with Mancini taking over...

All the Manks defensive line up is fucked....guess who they have first refusal on..?...Ryan Shawcross! shout
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 5:41 am

Hughes sacked The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 50123

That will teach him to leave us for a "bigger club" ...

They never realise, Blackburn might be a small club but we are probably one of the best run in te land.

We are proven for giving managers time to do their job (bar Ince), you probably wont get better ...

Dalglish went to Castle ... and failed
Souness went to Castle ... and failed
Hughes went to City ... and failed
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 2:46 pm

One Villa fans opinion of us.....

"Whilst the rabid nature of their fans is to be admired, their ability not to be able to chant anything without every second word being a swear word was beginning to grate a little yesterday. I remember they spent all game last year giving hand gestures to the North Stand - it's possibly to support the team without being abusive for the whole ninety minutes - they are the stereotypical abusive football fan.

Their team in made up of cloggers with no intent on actually playing football. Hoof to the big man. If someone gets free, bring them straight down. Bombard the referee with players and shouting if you don't get a decision your way.

The team is a boring one to watch, made up of thugs and hoofers. And they have a fan base that matches.

In short, I hope they go down this year."

Hahahahahahaha.............Warms me cockles it do...........
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 5:09 pm

Roberto Mancinis given targets for this and next season:

Top 4 this season.
Win the Premier next season.

Best of luck eye'tie.....lets see what you make of our boys this weekend...you'll spit yer Spaghetti.............. wink
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 8:17 am

The only era i ever liked the Manks from......Duncan Edwards was seriously world class......
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 8:30 am

I see Craig Leveins the new Scotland manager......its fine changing the man in charge but he's still got the same players work with aint he....or will some come out of 'retirement' for him...?
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 8:34 am

According to the Independant:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/blackburn-rovers-potential-transfer-targets-1832649.html?action=Popup

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/stoke-city-potential-transfer-targets-1838631.html?action=Popup&ino=1

Soz lads, doesn't seem to be one for the Scottish clubs, but that may well be because yer skint...sad

I particularly like number3 in the Stoke list:

The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Lell_274423s

Christian Lell
Stoke tried to sign Bayern Munich defender Christian Lell in the summer. A fee of around £3m was agreed but then it went wrong. The story goes that the player went into hiding until the window closed because he didn't fancy a move to the Potters. Yet this doesn't seem to have put Pulis off. It's understood the Stoke manager will return to Bayern in January and convince the 25-year-old to make the switch to the Britannia

lmao
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 1:35 pm

Tony Mowbray has played down the importance of the forthcoming Old Firm game to Celtic's Clydesdale Bank Premier League title hopes.

Celtic are four points behind Rangers with both sides having two games each before their January 3 meeting at Parkhead.

The Hoops welcome Hamilton on Boxing Day then travel to Kilmarnock the following midweek before the visit of the Ibrox men, who will take on Hibernian and Dundee United.

"For us, the Old Firm game is just another three points to keep our total running," the Celtic manager said.

"It would be nice to go top and we want to be top from start to finish but that's not the case, it tends to change hands.

"It has been an interesting week. By the time we finished beating Motherwell we were five points clear but by the time we finished our next game against Hearts we were four behind.

"That's the swings and roundabouts you can get at the moment when the games come at different times.

"It would be nice to go in to the Old Firm game in a positive frame of mind having won a couple of games and knowing that if we did win that match it would give us the opportunity (to go top).

"But I don't think January 3 is of much significance in terms of where things are going to be in May.

"Rangers have some big games coming up and they will be looking to take maximum points as always, so we will see.

"We are just looking back to get back to winning ways as quickly as possible.

"If we can win the three games we will be closer I'm pretty sure."

On a day that new signing Ki Sung Yueng met the media following his move from South Korean side FC Seoul, Mowbray refused to discuss on a name-by-name basis the plethora of other players linked with a move to the Parkhead club in January.

Robbie Keane, Matthew Kilgallon and Belarus and stopper Dmitry Verkhovtsov are just some of the names that have been bandied around in recent days and weeks.

The former Hibernian and West Brom boss smiled: "What do you want to do?

"Do you want to go through them all or do you want the same answer for all names? You tell me?

"I don't think it is appropriate to talk about individual players.

"I'm not sure how those names come around.

"I have never heard of some of them, some we are very aware of and some I know are not possible.

"But I don't think you should discuss individuals.

"What we hope to do in January is to add players to help the squad and to help the existing players and not necessarily replace them.

"We have been working very hard in the last few months to identify footballers and areas of the team which needs strengthening and that continues.

"But there are no guarantees that we will bring in anyone other than Ki."

Ki, 20, who will officially join Celtic on January 1, all but ruled himself out of making an Old Firm debut due to lack of fitness.

However, Mowbray said: "We will assess him. He should be fit enough but we will see.

"Some players, particularly overseas players, hit the ground running and look as if they have been playing in the SPL all their lives.

"Others take time to adapt and so we will wait and see how quickly Ki adapts.

"If he is not ready then we will find the right opportunity for him to start his Celtic career."
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 9:23 am

By god, what a crock of shite this is.....0-2 and Man City aint even playing well, we're just that fuckin poor today...
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 8:07 am

Nice result for Rangers today, despite going into the record books having conceded the fastest ever goal in the SPL.....( 12 seconds for any who were wondering..)
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 6:01 pm

Preston North End have sacked Alan Irvine i see.........

Somebody will need a Sig change......... loser
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 2:57 am

Blackburn Rovers forward El Hadji Diouf has suggested the recent cold weather has contributed to his poor form for the club.

Diouf scored only his second goal of the season on Monday as his second-half header secured Rovers a 2-2 draw at home to Sunderland.

The result extended Blackburn's run without a win in the Premier League to eight games and left Sam Allardyce's side three points outside the relegation zone.

Allardyce has called on the likes of Diouf to improve their consistency to ensure Rovers move further clear of danger at the wrong end of the table.

The Senegalese accepts that he has not been performing at his best in recent weeks and believes the cold snap could be a factor behind his lack of goals.

"The season is long," said Diouf. "Sometimes you have good form, sometimes it's not like that.

"This time I don't have my best form, but the gaffer knows me very well.

"Maybe it's too cold. But hopefully that goal will help me for the future. Now I'm sure my best form can come again.

"The season is still young, I'm going to work hard on the training ground and start to play well again for my team."

Benni McCarthy is hoping Blackburn will allow him to move on during the January transfer window.

The South African striker has grown increasingly disillusioned with life at Ewood Park of late and feels the time is right to take on a fresh challenge.

The final straw came during Monday's 2-2 draw with Sunderland, when he was booed from the field on being substituted.

McCarthy has since been called in for early morning fitness training by Rovers boss Sam Allardyce and admits he is no longer prepared to put up with the unfair treatment.

"Enough's enough, I feel I've been stepped on too much and it's best I go," McCarthy said in the Daily Mail.

"I feel I'm being singled out unfairly. I wasn't any worse than the other lads, yet I'm the only one on duty from that game (against Sunderland) being asked to come in at 7am.

"Yes, I admit I've had issues with hitting the weight targets the manager has set and that's my fault, but I put 100 per cent in on the pitch and always try my hardest. It seems I'm being punished more than others."

McCarthy, who joined Blackburn from Porto in 2006, is keen to stay in the Premier League and hopes a New Year switch elsewhere will help to keep his World Cup dreams alive.

The 32-year-old frontman added: "I'd like to stay in the England. This is a great league.

"I'm just unhappy with my situation and need to feel wanted again. I'm not getting any younger but I know I can still make an impact.

"This is a very big year for me. To come from South Africa and have the chance to play for my country in the World Cup is massive.

"I can't risk that by playing the odd game here and there for Blackburn. I need to play and I hope they will allow me to fulfil that dream.

"They got me for next to nothing and they've had a good return with more than 50 goals in about 130 games.

"Hopefully they won't ask an unreasonable fee and let me go when the window opens."
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 4:54 am

Bolton sack Gary Megson.......silly season is upon us again...
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 7:18 am

Portsmouth have been issued with a winding-up petition by HM Revenue & Customs.

The cash-strapped club have endured a miserable season on and off the field this term with Pompey sitting rock bottom of the table and having a transfer embargo placed on them due to their financial problems.

Players and staff have seen their wages delayed twice already this year as Pompey look to pay off the debts hanging over the club.

Portsmouth are believed to owe over £10million in fees to other English clubs and it has been suggested they will have to sell more of their stars to pay off the debt.

The news that a winding-up petition has been issued will raise doubts over the long-term future of the club as they try to find the funds to keep Pompey running
Back to top Go down
Julz
Lifer
Lifer
Julz

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 4:51 pm

For stranger

The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 2gy7txw

from TW thumbs up
Back to top Go down
stranger
Lifer
Lifer
stranger

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 3:20 am

old firm today Celtic versus Rangers 12:30pm kick off
going to the pub to watch it with my dad and uncle, MON THE HOOPS
Back to top Go down
stranger
Lifer
Lifer
stranger

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 8:58 am

CELTIC 1 RANGERS 1
Celtic should have won it. was in the pub and 3 rangers guys told me the same thing and, we even scored a goal in the first half and it got disallowed fucking shocking was nothing wrong with it.
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:42 am

From what I saw and heard yesterday I'd have to agree with you Stranger, TW nearly fell off his chair shouting at the screen! ...........but as I said "You can play your socks off but it's the score that counts".

shocked
Back to top Go down
https://maddogz.forumotion.co.uk
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:29 am

Noel Brotherstone, Blackburn legend ( apparently ).......

The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Noel_brotherston_1
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:35 am

Owen Coyle seems a nailed on for Bolton dont he.........

We are now being linked with Scott Parker, Ruud Van Nistleroy and some Barcelona wonderkid....fukin beggars belief the bollox spouted in the papers.......
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 7:38 am

We're now being linked with Jack Collison from West Ham, Jaimie O'Hara from Pompey and Jermaine Jenas from Spurs.......

Outs being rumoured are Kitson, Fuller, Beattie, Lawrence, Sorenson.......

So thats our full forward line up and our goalkeeper............... lmao
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:59 am

Gaznandi wrote:
Noel Brotherstone, Blackburn legend ( apparently ).......

The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Noel_brotherston_1

Why the random pic?

You like the hair do dont ya? The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 14238
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:13 am

Guilty as charged m'lud..........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..
Page 15 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 33  Next