Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools?

Go down 
+7
Fishbits
.tUrniP
jolozkaz
Julz
Gaznandi
Akiranika
Mrs-G
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools? Empty
PostSubject: Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools?   Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 12:14 am

I don't quite remember when it disappeared from schools, it was sometime while I was still there...........but do you think it should come back?

I remember being at primary school and being threatened with the pump, (a slap across the backside with a rubber plimsole)

It was not uncommon for kids to get the cane in high school....

As I just missed it, I don't know what effect it had on behaviour and whether it deterred kids from playing up or not.....what do you people think?
Back to top Go down
https://maddogz.forumotion.co.uk
Akiranika

Akiranika

PostSubject: Re: Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools?   Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 12:42 am

It may not be perfect but it's certainly better than anything that's been thought up since! That idea of "Time Out" is a laughing stock! Corporal Punishment isn't permanent and it teaches children that there can be bad consequences for bad decisions.
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools?   Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:37 am

The cane...?
Christ, i was slapped round the back of the head with a bunch of keys, made to use my face to wipe the Blackboard, and once even hung upside down from a second floor window..!

lmao

Erm, no.......ang on....... head scratcher

I should sue the fuckers...! doh
Back to top Go down
Julz
Lifer
Lifer
Julz

PostSubject: Re: Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools?   Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 3:00 am

No...imo definitely not, parents are the ones who should discipline their own children, not teachers.

Teachers have enough to cope with...what with planning their next holiday...there's so many... lol
Back to top Go down
jolozkaz
Lifer
Lifer
jolozkaz

PostSubject: Re: Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools?   Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 11:54 am

yes it should .... there is just no respect for teachers because kids know that they can get away with things

the same goes for police and others people know that there is no real punishment
Back to top Go down
.tUrniP
Lifer
Lifer
.tUrniP

PostSubject: Re: Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools?   Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 2:41 pm

I am a strong believer that fear and respect are opposing concepts.

In my opinion, the lesson becomes: If I steal I'll get a slap, instead of if I steal I am depriving another human being of their property.
It's a criminal attitude...
Back to top Go down
Fishbits

Fishbits

PostSubject: Re: Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools?   Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:20 pm

Yup BRING IT BACK! Never did me any harm. In fact, i have a lot of respect for my old teachers. Even the ones who gave me a clip once in a while.
Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools?   Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:10 pm

I say nothing wrong with it, why was it stopped anyway....... oh thats rights, those do gooder knobs who think they know better. Well look at the state of schools now you idiots!

Bring back the cane, national service and the death penalty i say
Back to top Go down
abitofchange23

abitofchange23

PostSubject: Re: Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools?   Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:19 pm

I dont see a problem with bringing it back, I had an English teacher who had a long walking stick with a silver top and a silver tip, when he asked us to spell a word he would hold the stick above your head and if you got the word wrong, he would whack you on the head!!!!!!!! I had many a board rubber hit me from various teachers and the cane was quite a common occurrence. It seems that the kids now are hitting the teachers and getting away with it. Really I dont have an answer, if I did I would be a rich man!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tinker

Tinker

PostSubject: Re: Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools?   Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:14 am

yeah they should bring the cain back in to all schools... all kids today are mouthy and getting worse every day with there attitude... i left school about 4 and half years ago... (i think) lol and then kids were nasty little shits. i on the other hand was a good little girl at school (honestly) lol... no only joking i just had my moments as a typical teenager. but i never did anthing really bad...

i think kids should have more punishment in schools, that way it might bring them up with respect for themselves and other people around them..
Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools?   Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 3:20 pm

Tinker wrote:
i on the other hand was a good little girl at school (honestly) lol... no only joking i just had my moments as a typical teenager. but i never did anthing really bad...

Not that we don't believe you, but i think we need mummy and daddy to verify those claims thumbs up

Also if mummy and daddy wish to share any embarrassing stories, please feel free to do so in it's very own thread laugh

Now back on topic
Back to top Go down
Tinker

Tinker

PostSubject: Re: Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools?   Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 3:23 pm

lol i have nothin too hide mummy, you know i never really got into trouble at school
Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools?   Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 3:51 pm

Tinker wrote:
lol i have nothin too hide mummy, you know i never really got into trouble at school

Methinks thou doth protesteth too loud madam! shhh

angel or devil ......................... head scratcher
Back to top Go down
Tinker

Tinker

PostSubject: Re: Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools?   Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 3:55 pm

honestly i was a good girl at school, i never dared look up half the time...

i'm more of an angel then a devil

70% --- angel
30% --- devil
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

PostSubject: Re: Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools?   Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 6:16 pm

I'm saying nowt! Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools? 104940
Back to top Go down
https://maddogz.forumotion.co.uk
roland rat
Lifer
Lifer
roland rat

PostSubject: Re: Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools?   Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:45 am

i personally think the parents should be punished in place of their kids ,
im sure if the parents thought they may suffer for their children's behaviour they would belt the living daylights out the little bastards before they did anything wrong as a warning of what's to come
Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools? 14238
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools?   Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should corporal punishment be brought back into schools?
Page 1 of 1