Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

B-rip transfer question.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

B-rip transfer question. Empty
PostSubject: B-rip transfer question.   B-rip transfer question. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 9:14 am

Just got all 3 LOTR on B-rip. I tried to transfer them from my had drive to the missus hard drive so that we can watch it through her blu ray player,. as mine won't show up on her blu-ray player (i think cos it needs to be formatted to FAT 32).

The problem i'm having is that when i try to transfer the films to her hard drive i get a message saying that the file is too large for the destination file system. Yet there is more than enough space on the hard drive, around 50GB in fact and all 3 films only total around 14GB. Is there something i'm missing???
Back to top Go down
.tUrniP
Lifer
Lifer
.tUrniP

PostSubject: Re: B-rip transfer question.   B-rip transfer question. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 10:17 am

Fat32 doesn't support files larger than 4GB.
Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: B-rip transfer question.   B-rip transfer question. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 7:16 am

.tUrniP wrote:

What a pain in the ass that is, so is that because hers is formatted to FAT32?

I thought it was maybe because my hard drive was in NTFS format so i tried to format it to FAT32 (so that it could be accepted by her Blu-Ray player and my PS3. I followed so instruction on the net i found. It appeared to be working and was going through the format process, then once it had spent about 3 hours or so formatting, it waits till the end to present me with "the drive is to large to format to FAT 32" shout

So what am i doing wrong???

Can anyone advise me (in an idiot proof way) as to how to format this drive to FAT32 help

The instructions i used
Quote :
START
RUN
CMD
Then type in the following: format /FS:FAT32 x:
replace x with the drive letter and Vista will format the device without any issues

As described above there was an issue for me
Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: B-rip transfer question.   B-rip transfer question. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 9:19 am

Well i managed to format the the drive to FAT32 using a program called swissknife. Just need a way to get the B-rips onto the drive. Or is that impossible de to their size
Back to top Go down
.tUrniP
Lifer
Lifer
.tUrniP

PostSubject: Re: B-rip transfer question.   B-rip transfer question. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 12:13 pm

Quote :

Bear in mind that I'm no authority on these things but I think that you're stuck; With the Blu-ray player anyway ... What's the make and model number?
With the PS3 I think you'll have to copy them onto the internal drive ( Unless Sony decide to include NTFS support at some stage ).
Back to top Go down
stranger
Lifer
Lifer
stranger

PostSubject: Re: B-rip transfer question.   B-rip transfer question. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 1:40 pm

the only thing I can think of is copying the films on to a data dvd then copying them on to ur external HD PS3
Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: B-rip transfer question.   B-rip transfer question. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 3:10 pm

.tUrniP wrote:

Bear in mind that I'm no authority on these things but I think that you're stuck; With the Blu-ray player anyway ... What's the make and model number?

If you mean the make and model of the hard drive then i'm not sure, it was off ebay. It just says ATA highspeed

.tUrniP wrote:
With the PS3 I think you'll have to copy them onto the internal drive ( Unless Sony decide to include NTFS support at some stage ).

But how do i transfer it to the PS3 if i can't get it onto a hard drive that is readable by the console head scratcher
Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: B-rip transfer question.   B-rip transfer question. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 3:25 pm

stranger wrote:
the only thing I can think of is copying the films on to a data dvd then copying them on to ur external HD PS3

Do you mean burning them to DVD, as i have no clue what a data dvd is
Back to top Go down
.tUrniP
Lifer
Lifer
.tUrniP

PostSubject: Re: B-rip transfer question.   B-rip transfer question. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 5:39 pm

Over your network.
Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: B-rip transfer question.   B-rip transfer question. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 1:35 am

.tUrniP wrote:
Over your network.

How you do that (sorry not that good with computers)
Back to top Go down
.tUrniP
Lifer
Lifer
.tUrniP

PostSubject: Re: B-rip transfer question.   B-rip transfer question. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 3:11 am

Well, since I don't own a PS3 I'm not entirely sure of all the ins and outs but hopefully you can follow the instructions HERE.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: B-rip transfer question.   B-rip transfer question. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

B-rip transfer question.
Page 1 of 1