Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Social networking sites

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

Social networking sites Empty
PostSubject: Social networking sites   Social networking sites Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:20 am

OK, I am a facebooker, in my defence I only do it for the games. I do honestly. What you don't believe me, well come and join me so I can pimp you into my many clans.

Serioulsy are these things worth the daily spam you get. I get loads. Then I am inot the gamers side of it.

Have you every made friends using these or are your freinds those you already know?
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: Social networking sites   Social networking sites Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:09 am

I mistrust them hugely........

I think they're a dangerous thing for people in relationships as they can cause massive arguments...( and no, i dont just mean in my house..)

If someone wants chat, whats up with phone, text, MSN..etc etc........

Dont get it, and like it even less............
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Social networking sites   Social networking sites Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:11 am

I agree there can be problems. Forums can also cause those same problems. Then again so can life.

Now is it the internet or more down to trust issues that causes those things to roar through households like the proverbial hurricane.
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: Social networking sites   Social networking sites Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:23 am

Ah, but forums can be moderated, MSN is contact only from folk you know and trust

Facebook is none of the above.
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

PostSubject: Re: Social networking sites   Social networking sites Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:33 am

I have a Facebook account but I only use it to share pictures with friends and family (which I suppose I could do through PB or Tiny) I have recently discovered that I can find extended family via FB but I also think it's a very revealing place......Why is it that people want to splash their personal stuff across the web? Even the slightest comment can be read into, i've seen first hand what trouble it can cause. I don't particularly like FB but so many people are addicted to it.
Gris Gris I also agree with you in part too though, you should be able to trust and know your loved ones enough to use such sites, if you don't then there are insecurities or past issues already.
Back to top Go down
https://maddogz.forumotion.co.uk
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Social networking sites   Social networking sites Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:16 pm

pushmepullu wrote:
I mistrust them hugely........

I think they're a dangerous thing for people in relationships as they can cause massive arguments...( and no, i dont just mean in my house..)

If someone wants chat, whats up with phone, text, MSN..etc etc........

Dont get it, and like it even less............

Here here shut up
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

PostSubject: Re: Social networking sites   Social networking sites Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 4:48 am

Is it me or is it a Male vs Female thing?

The women tend to like it, the men tend to hate it?
Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Social networking sites   Social networking sites Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 4:55 am

i suppose the women don't get in trouble as much as the men lol
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

PostSubject: Re: Social networking sites   Social networking sites Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 4:57 am

Oh I dunno, from what I've seen it's the girls doing all the bitchin LOL
Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Social networking sites   Social networking sites Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 5:13 am

I don't mean caught bitching

more phwoor
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Social networking sites   Social networking sites Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 2:26 pm

MissTake wrote:
I have a Facebook account but I only use it to share pictures with friends and family (which I suppose I could do through PB or Tiny) I have recently discovered that I can find extended family via FB but I also think it's a very revealing place......Why is it that people want to splash their personal stuff across the web? Even the slightest comment can be read into, I've seen first hand what trouble it can cause. I don't particularly like FB but so many people are addicted to it.
Gris Gris I also agree with you in part too though, you should be able to trust and know your loved ones enough to use such sites, if you don't then there are insecurities or past issues already.
I agree and I've seen some things aired that makes dirty laundry look dazzling white. I think its more down to folks 'wanting 5 mins of fame'. FB and the others can provide it. More amazing if you ask folks they know employers or even future employers etc look at FB yet they don't seem to connect the dots of the damage they can cause themselves with their commenting. One job interview asked me if I had an account. At the time I didn't they stated they check these things to see just what kind of a person you are. The look on their faces when I said well if you want to analyze me, I like all things dead and am into cannibalism and voodoo. It was well worth it, before I added I wanted to become a travelling nun and have completed psychology, and law, have a black sense of humor, my step-mum's a witch and I also 'read' people very well, so analyze that. Wonder why I didn't get the job. lol! lol!

I enjoy embarrassing my kids on FB, by making comments such as 'pizza repeating a bit'. Or my fave is, weather's a ripe n windy. Might sink in one day I'm taking the pee out of them.

I prefer myspace over FB for the music choice. I broadened my musical taste when I had a myspace account. FB well I like the games.
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: Social networking sites   Social networking sites Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 3:18 pm

You mean that bloody farming tosh they're all doing.....?
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Social networking sites   Social networking sites Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:33 am

Guilty as charged plus. I keep sending my kids cows or pigs, they send me flowers and trees, I don't think the penny's dropped yet. I'm also on a killing spree games. Nothing better than getting a notice your body count has increased again. Funny enough it is men I enjoy slaughtering the most. Social networking sites Lol
Back to top Go down
stranger
Lifer
Lifer
stranger

PostSubject: Re: Social networking sites   Social networking sites Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 2:35 pm

I use bebo and I deleted my old account when I wa with ex because it cuased arguments. say a old girl friend added me as a friend oh there would be hell so just ended up deleing mine. back on it now though mostly to keep in touch with old friends have it set on privite as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Social networking sites   Social networking sites Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Social networking sites
Page 1 of 1