Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need a good laptop

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

Need  a good laptop Empty
PostSubject: Need a good laptop   Need  a good laptop Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:15 am

As the title says, looking for a good laptop. I have around £400 to spend.
Mostly using it to surf the web, type up paper work and also watch DVD's or D'loaded media (in work but shhh). And also maybe using it to practice with photoshop!

So seems as i am not great with my knowledge of comps i was wondering if we have any members who are and would have any advice or suggestions?

Cheers thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: Need a good laptop   Need  a good laptop Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:22 am

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/editorial/Laptops_homepage

http://direct.tesco.com/q/N.1999033/Nr.99.aspx?Ns=P_HIDDEN_Stock_Available|1||P_SORT_Price&btnResultSort.x=29&btnResultSort.y=2

Loads on these mate...

Our youngest and middle daughter and our lezzy friend all have various laptops below £350 and they've all been great for them
Back to top Go down
.tUrniP
Lifer
Lifer
.tUrniP

PostSubject: Re: Need a good laptop   Need  a good laptop Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:53 am

Although PC world are not the cheapest, they are usually quite good and easy to bargain with.

If you are going to use Photoshop quite a lot I would recommend you take a look at this one or this one and others with similar specs'.
The second is slightly over budget, but a 2.0Ghz processor and 3GB of RAM make it relatively 'future-proof'.

Otherwise, browsing and word processing really don't require much power; Something like this one will probably do ya (should just about run PS CS4).
Back to top Go down
TDKING

TDKING

PostSubject: Re: Need a good laptop   Need  a good laptop Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 8:18 am

mate try

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/

there really good for laptops mate had a few from them very good with delivery too

or

www.overclockers.co.uk

some are abit pricey but again very good
Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Need a good laptop   Need  a good laptop Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 8:27 am

Thanks for all teh suggestions so far guys, some of the sites mentioned seem good, just don't know what to look for on them. No good with specs and shit
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: Need a good laptop   Need  a good laptop Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 8:37 am

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/000075

Anything with similar spec to this will do you fine mate... wink
Back to top Go down
.tUrniP
Lifer
Lifer
.tUrniP

PostSubject: Re: Need a good laptop   Need  a good laptop Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 8:56 am

pushmepullu wrote:
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/000075

Anything with similar spec to this will do you fine mate... wink

Do you not think it is worth getting a dual-core processor? head scratcher
Back to top Go down
Mrs-G
Admin
Admin
Mrs-G

PostSubject: Re: Need a good laptop   Need  a good laptop Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 9:06 am

Most come with duel core processors now....I'm not totally au fait with them, can someone explain it to me too in laymans terms of course..........

Anything to do with split hard drives?

At PC World you can definitely bargain with them too...

I managed to get a free laptop kit - bag, disks, usb pen, mini mouse and mouse pad. Their insurance isn't too bad either, full cover for accidental damage, PC health check up etc......£7 a month.

Definitely do the research first though because prices have come way down and there are some great bargains to be had.
Back to top Go down
https://maddogz.forumotion.co.uk
TDKING

TDKING

PostSubject: Re: Need a good laptop   Need  a good laptop Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 9:42 am

TK as a pc and laptop enthusiast if you tell me what you want to spend and what you would like to use the laptop for i can find u one that will do you right mate and last as well.
Pm me what u want
Back to top Go down
.tUrniP
Lifer
Lifer
.tUrniP

PostSubject: Re: Need a good laptop   Need  a good laptop Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 9:48 am

@ MT - I believe the Intel Celeron processor C900 is single core, hence my asking.

A dual core processor is basically two processors in one.

It doesn't quite work out as double though because they are both using the same bus, RAM and hardrive, etc which creates a bottle neck.
It's a case of two heads are better than one, but you can only listen to one at a time.

That's my understanding anyway...

It's also a really bad analogy, sorry.

@ TDKING - Did you read the first post? tongue
Back to top Go down
TDKING

TDKING

PostSubject: Re: Need a good laptop   Need  a good laptop Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 9:51 am

Pc world are con artists i used to work for them if your laptop breaks down with such a silly little problem that can be easly fixed or replaced they tell u to buy a new laptop coz they get commision for it and have certain amount of stock they MUST sell each week and a big part of wht they must sell is laptops and computers.

my advice stay away from them there are far better places to go for Computers and Laptops
Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Need a good laptop   Need  a good laptop Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 9:55 am

It does kinda make sense turnip.

@ TD Cheers ace, will have a chat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a good laptop   Need  a good laptop Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need a good laptop
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: