Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..

Go down 
+6
the brett
harrythedog
TK Trooper
Mrs-G
Bee
Gaznandi
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 6:44 am

Fuckin fanny featured foreign faggots!
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 6:49 am

This should have been more in the headlines...:

Stoke boss Tony Pulis has got a mountain to climb on FA Cup Final day – win or lose against Chelsea today.

A year after running the London Marathon, Pulis has set himself another task to raise charity funds by hiking to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest free-standing mountain in the world.

And his trip to Africa is due to begin on May 15, when what is already his club’s best Cup run for 38 years could reach a Wembley finale.

Pulis has agreed to lead a sports team against a Nick Hancock celebrity team to raise funds for the Donna Louise Childrens Hospice Trust based near the Britannia Stadium. He said: “If I’ve got to miss the Cup Final, then I’ll miss it.

“I’ll be on that plane on the 15th whatever happens. If we won the Cup I think I’d drink my way all the way up and all the way back again!

“We raised about £40,000 when I did the marathon last year, and I said to them that if they needed more help to ring me. At the moment they can only afford to run for five days a week and they need the money to be open every day.

“It’s a very humbling place when you visit, and very relaxing in lots of respects. The work they do is amazing, a different world.

“It takes you out of the bubble you’re in within football. I found last year that training for the marathon helped me switch off a bit and that improves your decision making when you are working. Hopefully this will be the same.

“It’s a great cause and how can I say no? How can a lucky lad like me who’s been privileged to earn my living in football say no to making some money for some ill kiddies? We’re taking on a big challenge, but if the Spice Girls can do it, then I’ve got to. I’ll be struggling to show my face if I don’t make it.

“I’ll train by running up the stands here. It will take us four days to climb and a day and a half to come down – although it’s about 30 seconds if you jump!”

Pulis has a more familiar challenge to face today, taking his side to Stamford Bridge bidding to match the achievements of Stoke’s 1972 team, including Gordon Banks, which reached the semi-finals.

He said: “It’s a great occasion for us – I think we could have sold out our allocation of tickets three times over.

“I set the team the target of getting more points than the 45 we got last year because only two teams in the Premier League have ever managed to do that in their second campaign after promotion.

“At the moment we are nine points better off than we were at this time, and we can’t afford to lose our focus on the League but it does mean we can go to Chelsea and have a go.

A manager with class, it wouldn't happen if he was fuckin french!
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 8:52 am

Dara O'Briain's latest 'tweet' ...

"It might be worth stating, amidst the Shawcross/Ramsey debate, that I really hope Stoke stuff Chelsea today."
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:17 am

It might also be worth stating its just because he's a 'new' Arsenal fan and so fuckin well detests Chelsea cuz they always beat the bunch of poncy French toe tapping lesbians..!
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:14 am

Chester City wound up in court and are no more.....

Cardiff given 56 days and Southend given 35 days to settle their winding up orders....
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 10:54 am

Ah, its good to see Premiership football is still as sensible as ever....

Pompey are in administration so they've started to make folk redundant...

They've got rid of 85 staff (warehouse, cleaners etc etc) of which the top earner was on about £15 000 a year...

The lowest wage in the First team squad would have to be at least that and more a WEEK..!

Madness..... doh
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:05 pm

Fuck me, Burnleys ground is like a throwback to the 70's...... shocked

They produce a good atmosphere there though....
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:33 pm

1-0, thats what I like to see ...

yeah the grounds a shed aint it?
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:41 pm

Yup 1-0....cracking goal...

They are a tad thick actually..they've positioned advertising hoardings close to the touchline around the ground to negate The Delapidator but have left spaces of about 10 foot inbetween each section...they must surely have realised at some point in the match the ball is going to go out where one of the empty sections is... doh

Critical mistake....Throw gets torpedoed in, Sidibe's lovely back headed flick and Tuncay's rose like a Salmon to put it in the top corner.....

clap
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 2:51 pm

I'm sure he doesn't play for Stoke.... head scratcher

Was there another match on tonight then..?
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 3:05 pm

They have a cracking home record mate...ahem, and they did Shrekhead and the rest of his Manky bum boys...... wink
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 3:15 pm

Nope, just stating a fact mate..Shrek is a good player but him and his cronies who've done Milan tonight got done away by the team we've just drawn away with... wink
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 3:33 pm

Oops, i see Real Madrid got knocked out for the fifth year running in the first knockout stage......shame that...

The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 RonaldoPrick
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 6:50 am

Message from a disgruntled Burnley fan:

"One thing is for certain if I had been born in Staffordshire I would be supporting Port Vale! Who on earth would want to watch Stoke City week in week out? What they play is not football as I know it from watching the Clarets down the years. We might go down, they will stay up but I would rather be a Claret any day of the week!"

Wonder if he'll still think that way when he's playing away to Doncaster... wink
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 8:39 am

Yeah cos burnley have been known for their 'total football' the last few years right?

Bloody gypos, up until Coyle they were THE worst offenders for shit football ... deluded.

Cheerio Dingles The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 744520
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 9:04 am

All the lads that went have now got the shits from the pies, consistency of baby food theyre saying..and £32 to sit in that fuckin wooden stand is a disgrace..!

Some of their fans like us though to be fair to em....even though the Stoke fans were singing something about inbreds to em... embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 7:59 am

He's a twat who scored the winner against us....but i like him nonetheless.... wink

Talkin of Hull, rumours going round on the Stoke and Hull fanzines that Tangoman has either walked or been sacked....
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 10:22 am

And still talkin of Hull...

Hull manager Phil Brown has apologised for the "unsavoury" public bust-up between Jimmy Bullard and Nicky Barmby this week.

Reports emerged claiming the Tigers duo were involved in an altercation on a 'warm-down' outing near the Humber Bridge following the 5-1 defeat by Everton on Sunday.

The set-to was apparently witnessed by a large party from the Women's Institute and Brown - who insists the matter has been dealt with "in house" - is keen to put the incident behind them.

He said: "I'd like to apologise to the Women's Institute, I didn't realise there was a rally going on there and there was apparently 50-100 women going on a march across the Humber Bridge and the incident was unsavoury, it was unfortunate.

"It happens on the training ground on a regular basis, under the control of the club, but it seems to have got out this time.

"The players have settled their differences now, it was back to normal on Tuesday and they are getting on with the job in hand which is obviously the challenge of 10 games in the Premier League.

"These things do happen. I'm not condoning that kind of behaviour but it's an emotive game, it's a passionate game. Emotions do run high and certainly then the pressure is cranked up - which it is, we are coming to the business end of the season.

"It's a sign that they care. Nick Barmby has obviously got himself involved with Jimmy Bullard. They are big players where we are concerned and I'm looking forward to the response of the group and of the two players in question.

"We'll get on with it and deal with it. At the end of the day it has made headlines, because outside of the confines of the training ground we weren't expecting it to be swept under the carpet. We're big boys, we stand by our behaviour and have shaken hands and will get on with it."

He added: "There are no fractures within the squad. This squad is united."

Veteran Tigers midfielder George Boateng added: "I'm sorry because I missed it, I wasn't there. I would have paid to watch it!"
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 1:18 pm

Have a watch of this video and at the 46 second mark listen out for if Tangoman farts..... stink

http://www.sporthull.co.uk/headlines/HULL-CITY-Brown-says-sorry-Bullard-Barmby-bust/article-1908964-detail/article.html
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 10:15 am

Another point toward safety today... clap

0-0, hardly any shots on target but there was masses of penalty area action, great attack and defence from both sides and a cracking game to watch in my and the commentators opinion. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 12:10 pm

Good, fuckin Orange, Britney impersonating Oompalumpa..!

Stoke fans have been dining out on this all day... wink

Hope Hull survive now he's fucked off...
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:04 am

The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 Sloth-goonies

Ian Dowie appointed Hull City manager...
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:21 am

Portsmouth deducted 9 points with immediate effect after going in to administration...

The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 11kzka8
Back to top Go down
stranger
Lifer
Lifer
stranger

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 12:19 pm

Celtic manager Tony Mowbray says there is "not much chance" of the club
trying to sign on-loan striker Robbie Keane on a permanent deal.

The Irish international is due to return to Tottenham in the summer.

And the London club have indicated that they expect the 29-year-old to
be back at White Hart Lane for next season.

Mowbray said: "Robbie's last transfer was for what, £12m? I don't think
the board would loosen the purse strings to that extent. Those days are
gone."

Meanwhile, Celtic could be boosted by the return of Artur Boruc, Jos
Hooiveld, Glenn Loovens, Paddy McCourt and Shaun Maloney against St
Johnstone, with the players having returned to training.
Back to top Go down
stranger
Lifer
Lifer
stranger

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 12:43 pm

decline to even comment
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..   The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk.. - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Terraces chat thread....all the general footy talk..
Page 27 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33  Next