Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chris Morris Film Pokes Fun At Terror Bombers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

Chris Morris Film Pokes Fun At Terror Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Chris Morris Film Pokes Fun At Terror Bombers   Chris Morris Film Pokes Fun At Terror Bombers Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:11 am

Chris Morris has called his new film "the Dad's Army of terrorism", but despite its provocative plot, the stars of Four Lions say it probably won't offend anyone at all

Chris Morris Film Pokes Fun At Terror Bombers 15621266

The film follows a gang of hapless extremist suicide bombers planning an attack on London.

Clearly it's going to be one of those films that will raise the question of what's fair game for comedy, but more to the point it will undoubtedly be one of those films that some people will criticise before they've even seen it.

"I think everyone wants to tar it with the big controversy brush," says Kayvan Novak, who stars as one of the gang.

"They're trying to slap everything on it. But if you go and see it, controversy is not something that comes to mind. There are people out there who like to be offended."

Riz Ahmed, who plays the leader of the bungling group agrees. "No one has found this film offensive," he told Sky News.

"Ultimately, the source of the comedy is not terrorism and the attempt to create a terrorist atrocity. Any film that gets obsessed with the set-up or the premise will lose an audience. What keeps you laughing are the characters."

The film is the first feature written and directed by Morris, responsible of course for genre-defining TV satires The Day Today and Brass Eye, both of which mocked the media's obsession and treatment of so-called sensitive stories.

Four Lions ploughs a similarly provocative path, though it also has its fair share of slapstick.

Reviews so far have been mainly positive, and Morris's devoted fanbase already guarantee it a sizeable audience.

"I think comedy can pretty much use anything as a subject and it's down to the skill and the judgement of the comedian," says Novak, himself a comic performer of some repute as the star of the Facejacker and Fonejacker series.

"Chris is one of the few people in the world that could take on a project like this that is sensitve and does make us sit up and go what's going on here. I wouldn't have done it with anyone else."

Ahmed agrees. "I don't know that Chris has gone in with an agenda or a preachy message," he adds.

"I think the issue is more complex but above all I think people are more complex and I think comedy is one of the best ways of getting to know characters and people."
Back to top Go down
thegreatest
Games Tech
Games Tech
thegreatest

PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris Film Pokes Fun At Terror Bombers   Chris Morris Film Pokes Fun At Terror Bombers Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:34 am

This seems like it'll be a pretty funny movie. I'll be downloading it. Chris Morris Film Pokes Fun At Terror Bombers 314929
Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris Film Pokes Fun At Terror Bombers   Chris Morris Film Pokes Fun At Terror Bombers Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:38 am

Is it out to DL yet?
Back to top Go down
thegreatest
Games Tech
Games Tech
thegreatest

PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris Film Pokes Fun At Terror Bombers   Chris Morris Film Pokes Fun At Terror Bombers Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 11:17 am

I haven't been able to find it. Chris Morris Film Pokes Fun At Terror Bombers 697377
Back to top Go down
TK Trooper
Lifer
Lifer
TK Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris Film Pokes Fun At Terror Bombers   Chris Morris Film Pokes Fun At Terror Bombers Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 11:38 am

Oh well! Was wanting to go and see it at the flicks with the missus, but it wasn't on the flicks here for long and each night i seemed to be working, Never mind.
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris Film Pokes Fun At Terror Bombers   Chris Morris Film Pokes Fun At Terror Bombers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:56 pm

I dont usually do this anywhere but the movie section but its out on Rip now folks... wink
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris Film Pokes Fun At Terror Bombers   Chris Morris Film Pokes Fun At Terror Bombers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 4:01 pm

double plague on your camels and may your tea towels get hives. wink

Its is going to cause a storm, if you can't name you teddy mohammad or eat your Danish bacon sarnie without uproar this films going to get somebody hot about the towel.
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris Film Pokes Fun At Terror Bombers   Chris Morris Film Pokes Fun At Terror Bombers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 3:18 pm

Rubber dingy rapids brotha clap
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris Film Pokes Fun At Terror Bombers   Chris Morris Film Pokes Fun At Terror Bombers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 3:34 pm

Wb Bee. hi/bye
Back to top Go down
Bee
Lifer
Lifer
Bee

PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris Film Pokes Fun At Terror Bombers   Chris Morris Film Pokes Fun At Terror Bombers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 4:03 pm

thumbs up

Fank ya
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris Film Pokes Fun At Terror Bombers   Chris Morris Film Pokes Fun At Terror Bombers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chris Morris Film Pokes Fun At Terror Bombers
Page 1 of 1