Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Empty
PostSubject: Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network   Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 5:34 am

Well just for you, here's some that aren't of London. They are of my slow lane crusing. The hunk of red steel you often see the roof of, is my boat. Might be of interest to soembody, other than me, to see the world from the slow lane of the canal waterways.

Fish and ducks and one legged moor hens often appear. I cant help it, they lure me with promises of weird photo's. Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Lol

Here is a starter.

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Th_FoxtonLocks Foxton Pub, leicester, botton lock.
Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Th_Foxtontoplock Top Lock, going down Foxton flight.

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Th_foxtonlockspray I get free shower too. I'm the steerer, what joy I have.

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Th_GangoozlersatFoxtonLocks Ruddy pests gangooglzers getting in the way while you are locking through.

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Th_EnteringBraunstonetunnel-smoky Braunstone Tunnel n smoky dragon who lives inside.

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Th_MarketHarborough-theterminus End of Canal, Market Harborough.

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Th_P7290597a Entering Braunstone tunnel

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Th_NewboldTunnel-aloneinthedark Crick tunnel. Still not out of it.

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Th_braunstonetunnel-meetingofNBs Nearly out, I can see daylight and another boat.

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Th_stallies-Cricktunnel Stalagnites on Crick tunnel wall.

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Th_Stallies-ohsogreen Stallies lit up in neon, Newbold tunnel.

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Th_Newboldtunnel-litup Newbold tunnel in neon. Lads in front, drunk and swerving all over show, made us laugh.

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Th_P6020201 Can you see it?

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Th_P6020198 One of the fishys that live under my boat, the grey one I call skull, and a dead one.

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Th_nessie Nessie on holiday in the Coventry Canal, Coventry.

Last edited by Gris Gris on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WolfBain666
Lifer
Lifer
WolfBain666

PostSubject: Re: Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network   Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 6:17 am

Some beautiful pic's. * in the one can you see it * is that a fishes head coming up to the boat & if it was it must have been massive,..
Nice one Gris,
OBTW.. hopefully will have a proper sig for later tonight. Will PM it over to you as soon as i finished it,

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network 858216 Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network 60171 *that's me kissing your arse for the mistake i did in the first place.. sorry again.. Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network 82956
Back to top Go down
http://2befairs.myby.co.uk
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network   Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 3:23 pm

WolfBain666 wrote:
Some beautiful pic's. * in the one can you see it * is that a fishes head coming up to the boat & if it was it must have been massive,..
Nice one Gris,
OBTW.. hopefully will have a proper sig for later tonight. Will PM it over to you as soon as i finished it,

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network 858216 Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network 60171 *that's me kissing your arse for the mistake i did in the first place.. sorry again.. Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network 82956

Yes she is a lovely gold colour, big, about 2 foot long, maybe more, wide easily a foot. She was shy as she had a babies and wouldn't go too far out. She is stunning and there are some monsters bigger than her under the boats. They like the shadows. Throw food and you can see then come out from under all the those boats. Huge leviathans.
Thank you for the kiss, my arse feels all glowy now. Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Lol
Back to top Go down
Gaznandi
Admin
Admin
Gaznandi

PostSubject: Re: Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network   Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 3:53 pm

Gris Gris wrote:

Thank you for the kiss, my arse feels all glowy now. Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Lol

Mine went like that in HMP shower blocks...
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network   Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 12:11 am

pushmepullu wrote:
Gris Gris wrote:

Mine went like that in HMP shower blocks...
First rule of shower block, drop the soap, leave it.
Second rule, if somebody drops soap in front of you, kick it somewhere else fast.
Third rule, Ben Dover is not a name its an order.
You fool, you forgot the rules didn't you
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network   Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 3:12 am

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Th_P1011490 Birmingham old line. Nicer end of Birmingham and it's canal system.
Back to top Go down
Shine

PostSubject: Re: Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network   Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:53 pm

Gris Gris wrote:
Well just for you, here's some that aren't of London. They are of my slow lane crusing. The hunk of red steel you often see the roof of, is my boat. Might be of interest to soembody, other than me, to see the world from the slow lane of the canal waterways.

Fish and ducks and one legged moor hens often appear. I cant help it, they lure me with promises of weird photo's. Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Lol

Here is a starter.

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Th_EnteringBraunstonetunnel-smoky Braunstone Tunnel n smoky dragon who lives inside.

Some wonderful images there. I particularly like the Braunstone Tunnel image and the subtle effects of mood.

Edited by GG to fix quote box.
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network   Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 3:00 pm

Shine wrote:
Gris Gris wrote:
Well just for you, here's some that aren't of London. They are of my slow lane cruising. The hunk of red steel you often see the roof of, is my boat. Might be of interest to somebody, other than me, to see the world from the slow lane of the canal waterways.

Here is a starter.

Some wonderful images there. I particularly like the Braunstone Tunnel image and the subtle effects of mood.

Edited by GG to fix quote box.

Thanks you it had atmosphere leading up to the tunnel and in it. Certainly worth the drips for. Shame I haven't' quite worked out how to shoot in the dark properly. Now that is atmospheric inside it.
Back to top Go down
Shine

PostSubject: Re: Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network   Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 3:02 pm

Working it all out in creative thought and publishing it in expression, Gris Gris, is an art in itself. I wish I could tempt to tame tone in colour and show a magesty of calm within a photograh, as that which you have done.
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network   Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 3:32 pm

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Th_P1011521 Where Chocolate from Cadburys was taken to be transported by boat.

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Th_P1011508 Lovely canal, I forgot the name of, but very narrow and shallow.

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Th_P1011640

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Th_P1011641

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Th_P1011642 Well what do you see? Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network 752815

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Th_P1011496 My fave bit stunning bridges leading into a very tight space, Where we ran a ground among other boats trying to navigate down a very shalloow narrow stretch and boggy it was too.

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Th_P1011476 Fields of poppys.

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Th_P1011489-1Flying dinosaur I kept snapping.

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Th_P1011490-1Getting narrower.

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Th_P1011576Did you guess I was in a tunnel and could I get the camera to shoot inside this one. You are shut in and the doors open when you come out, all timed if you break down it is a cae of blast your horn and pull the bloody boat yourself through until a rescue craft comes to pull or push you out. Totally dark, boat ahead of us I lost sight of as soon as we entered 3 minutes behind it.
Back to top Go down
Shine

PostSubject: Re: Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network   Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 3:35 pm

Darkness, Gris Gris, is the first discipline of artistic understanding. It is our first glimpse and last glimpse of the world. All the colour of life sings in between this brutal shade of darkness.
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network   Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 4:05 pm

You see all shades when you are travelling in a narrowboat along the canal system. Some very mood inspiring places, others provide a laugh or feed my fetish for taking photo's of fish, ducks and weeds.
Back to top Go down
Shine

PostSubject: Re: Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network   Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:04 am

Canal tunnels and the travelling through them have the semblance of travelling through the depths of the underworld as in Virgil's Aeneid.
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network   Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 3:19 pm

Shine wrote:
Canal tunnels and the travelling through them have the semblance of travelling through the depths of the underworld as in Virgil's Aeneid.
What the travels or the war of Troy?
Back to top Go down
mystical unicorn

mystical unicorn

PostSubject: Re: Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network   Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 3:56 pm

cool pics gris gris im not that far from the first one either
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network   Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 4:17 am

mystical unicorn wrote:
cool pics gris gris im not that far from the first one either
Hello local. Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Lol Foxtons about an hour and bit journey from me, or 3 days by boat I think. Then about 2 -8 hours of locking depending on how big is the queue to go up or down the locks. Ruddy nightmare, I had the most arrogant rude lock keeper, to contend with and the sun in my eyes allt he way down my first exerpince of this flight. There was him saying dothis and pointing and allI could hear were th people around me and was blinded by the sun.
Inearly lauched myself out of the pound as I couldn't hear him tellme to watch the eddy in the pool as it would catch me. AllI saw was suddenly a boat right in front of me and then bang I was swept sideways and smashed in and up on the side.

I bloody swore at him when he said I did tell you and you ought to watch what my hand signals. I gave him one of mine and the language was bluer when I told him all I can hear is my engine, the people all round me and all I can see is a bloody great wall and then the ruddy sun so no I can't hear or see you.

The last few locks were done in haste and under a very angry cloud. Poor 'im indoors had to contend with the locking and trying to get to and fro through the body of people watching and one point he nearly fell in as somebody pushed past trying to get a better view of my boat in the lock.

On the way back, different lock keeper and a nicer lock through experince. Turns out loads had complained about the arrogant one; and several boaters had staged a sit in in the locks, until he was removed.
Back to top Go down
mystical unicorn

mystical unicorn

PostSubject: Re: Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network   Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:03 pm

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Lol an here me thinking you were an Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network 848482 your language Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network 798972
this i more nearer to me i go fishing here sometimes watermead country park

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network 34hzayu
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network   Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:34 pm

Well I'll keep an eye out for you fishing, then rev up and make a bow wave Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Lol
Back to top Go down
Spellarella
Lifer
Lifer
Spellarella

PostSubject: Re: Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network   Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:37 pm

Just a bit of a video I did when I was out an about down the Coventry Canal.

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Th_Elefantncastle

No I didn't fall in' and yes it contains baby uglies (Moorhen chicks) and ducks. ITs oh so quiet too, except the wind blowing on the mike of my phone. Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network   Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Views from the slow lane. Photographs take on the canal network
Page 1 of 1